[VIDEO Updates]CI Witch - Storm Call/Triple Arc Totem + dual curse build guide

I dont get it why you need elemental proli when you hit with lighting spells. I mean its only applyieble for parties. You hit with arc (its target base not AOE) that generate shock on the target they hit and if the other targets have shock whats the difference. My question is if i change the EP with power charge on crit will it give me PC or the totems mechanics are not like that ? BTW im trying a templar with that build. Ou and if you want MF which gem from the chest you will remove from IIR. And if you want IIQ that is red which gem we must sacriface for some red game that will help the arc (i mean for party play, where i dont need MF) cant use chromes all the time) Empower?? Iron Will (i think this is it)?? Knockback ?? or even you can use reduce mana to cast 3 totems right after another w/o mana pot.
"
Icoshimo wrote:
I dont get it why you need elemental proli when you hit with lighting spells. I mean its only applyieble for parties. You hit with arc (its target base not AOE) that generate shock on the target they hit and if the other targets have shock whats the difference.

Actually Elemental Proliferation is one of the most important support runes.
Let me explain why.
Arc ONLY hits 3 targets. On those 3 targets u can get or not get Shock. If u have... lets say 35% chance to shock(basic crit and additional chance to shock), from one in 3 hits, u'll shock those 3 monsters ONLY. If u add EP u get shock on the 3 monsters plus everything around them 30+ radius centered on each of the 3 targets. This means that every monster on ur screen and 1-2 screens away can get shocked.
How does that help? Simple. After killing one target u get to the next one which can have stacked up to 3 Shocks. That translates into 190% of ur dmg output given to that target on FIRST HIT. That is huge DMG bonus.

If u run triple totem with Arc or Spark or any Lghtning based spell and u do NOT get EP ... u are basically ruining the entire build.
Last edited by SebyTheDragon on Nov 21, 2013, 6:50:29 AM
Added point 6 on the first post and the tree with power charges.

TREE WITH POWER CHARGES
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAP0C4wVbB6UOSBEvEVARlhSwFdcWQBa_GmwfAilPKhMsnCynLL8tHzbFOVI6MDrYO-FEq0bXSbJMs03YTm1QMFWuVmNXK1gHWfNaK13GXfJeXV8qYG1jQ2aebRlwUnDVdFV2EXzOfq9_xoIQgpuFfYauiEKIa4uMjHaNGY5kj0aPpp2Ana6io6PypwinK6eUtQS297b6uJO71rw3wBrAUcG0wcXB88MTw23R_deG2CTbXt2M3fPfsOAS4XPi9-OE5CLk7Ovk7BjsOO0g8h3y4fPq96Y=

"
6. Power Charges

Are they viable? -> yes they are but as much as for a dual totem.
I've added my new tree adapted for Power Charge buildup. It's right after the original one. I also changed some of my equipement and got a boost in mana and ES. This is also updated.
Why not so effective? If i have only white monsters and some elites, by the time i to cast the spear... everything is dead(at least for maps until 71-72).
The order of gameplay would be 1. plant 3 totems 2. dual curse 3. ice spear them.
I rarelly get to use Ice Spear with normal mobs. It is however useful for pack of elites or bosses with high life pool (like the stone golems or bears). There u have time to build up charges.
In terms of dmg(if u have the node with +3%spell dmg per charge) my output goes from 2.15K to 2.95K with 6 charges to be more specific. That is a HUGE DMG BONUS, but for most of the time u'll never need it in solo. I haven't played in 6 player parties. There i think it would help quite a bit.
Other things. U are doing 4 things at the time (totem/curses/IceSpear/resumon minions). U need to get ur priorities straight other wise ur head will go on fire. :D To many things to do. The best thing to do is to use Ice Spear only when needed. Most of the time u won't need it.
In terms of benefits from the tree, to adapt the tree for Ice Spear i had to give up Statik Blows and 4-5 10intel nodes. So, u will have a bit less mana and a bit less ES. Ur initial dmg wont be affected until u build PC.

Last edited by SebyTheDragon on Nov 21, 2013, 6:44:32 AM
Hey,

I actually have an Arc Totem Build. I have been doing Arc Totem since closed beta. I have a question about the soul mantle though.

Would the Mirror sheild that reflects curses reflect the curse onto the mobs when your totems die instead of casting them on you? if so that could be very powerful.
Hi
What about Zealots Outh ? Its verry close and if you have life flasks you could heal your ES i think. Or its better to take resistance flasks with some mana ?
Last edited by Icoshimo on Nov 22, 2013, 1:34:12 AM
Thanks for the post Seby. Just ripped my Sporker begin this week so your build is perfectly timed.

I will try this one, however, I have some questions:

How strong is this build if I do not go for triple totem?

P.S.
Can you also post some videos?
The dragons begin to speak, yin and yang are commingled
Last edited by Iluvthu on Nov 22, 2013, 4:36:41 AM
"
AcidDrop88 wrote:
Hey,

I actually have an Arc Totem Build. I have been doing Arc Totem since closed beta. I have a question about the soul mantle though.

Would the Mirror sheild that reflects curses reflect the curse onto the mobs when your totems die instead of casting them on you? if so that could be very powerful.

reflect curses =/= immunity to curses

Basicly you'll still be cursed but the shield will cast the curse at the location where the dead totem was. That's all.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
AcidDrop88 wrote:
Hey,

I think u are referring to this:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atziri's_Mirror

I have no clue. It would be osom if it did that. For sure u will take a big hit on ES since is an evasion based shield.

"
Hi
What about Zealots Outh ? Its verry close and if you have life flasks you could heal your ES i think. Or its better to take resistance flasks with some mana ?

If someone can confirm life flasks work with Zealots Outh, yes it can be implemented. In my opinion. i do not know if the tree favors regen. I would be nice to get some life regen % nodes with that. I can try and get Shaper and Life Regn from templar but it would mean to waste all my remaining points.
This build i designed to be more offensive so i'm not sure i want to do that, instead of boosting my crit chance, cast speed or lightning dmg.
At 5k ES, with a caster that stays behind his totems and minions u are ok on survaivability. u can take a big hit or 2... no problem there.
Last edited by SebyTheDragon on Nov 22, 2013, 4:42:00 AM
What about bandits i suppose Kill all when its CI build right ?
"
What about bandits i suppose Kill all when its CI build right ?

Forgot about them.
I went for skill points on all 3. U can decide to get the +4 Spell Cast. It isn't wrong.
Normal nodes for FC are 2-3% anyway.
Last edited by SebyTheDragon on Nov 22, 2013, 6:40:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info