New Vendor Recipes_Found (not by me though)

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Edit 2, lol, it is capped at 2nd top tier for phys and ele. Useless recipe.

Welp, RIP new recipe.

Died the day it was born.

Like many other things GGG adds to the game.
Not getting to the top tier is understandable.

You can go balls to the wall and try the normal RNG way to get the best. Or you can play it safe and get the top tier-1.

The higher risk 'crafting' has the higher reward.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
You get top tier-1 and then what? Aug it and get +5 to accuracy?
Granite Flasks are not that common to roll something good using this recipe.

You have better chances alching everything you find.
Or just skip the bullshit crafting system and buy it off someone for 1 or 2 chaos.
Last edited by dspair on Nov 18, 2013, 10:07:58 AM
"
XDementia wrote:
"
dandan88 wrote:
It's the start of something beautiful, that's what it is.

I want to believe.
Boots+Aug+Quicksilver to get movespeed boots has been a thing for a while now. Not so much start as step 2.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
Last edited by SilentOppressor on Nov 18, 2013, 9:59:25 AM
"
Spysong192 wrote:
"
XDementia wrote:
"
dandan88 wrote:
It's the start of something beautiful, that's what it is.

I want to believe.

I'm hoping that this is the first step in the crafting overhaul. I'm a bit disappointed that the recipe removes all other mods but it still is useful.

If this new recipe set works out I could see a new set that is Item + chaos + flask = Keep current mods and upgrade/add elemental/physical damage.
IGN: Wrathmar * Paulie * Client
Just to verify.

I now tried with the flask of >ilvl.

Imbued wand ilvl 78.
Topaz flask ilvl 76.

Wand has Discharging 5-93 Lightning, 2nd top tier.

Result, no upgrade just 2 scroll frags and 4 alt shards.

Top tier lightning (electrocuting) is an ilvl 74 mod.

Casually casual.

I highly doubt GGG intended people to ru these recipes from the ground up (starting with a white item).

1) roll with alts until a tier 3-5 roll (depending on the flasks you wish to invest).
2) dump 2-3 flasks into the recipe.
3) Aug and hope
4) regal and hope

Very useful for those moments in crafting where you get tier 3 and reroll knowing that you would have aug/reg if it was only 1 tier higher.

This is also only 1 of a few recipes added. I wonder if the other ones have any interaction with crafting that might make this more useful. /ponder

I'll play around with it when I get home.
EVERYTHING IS BETTER WHEN IT'S TACO-FLAVORED!
"
mrtannerwold wrote:
I highly doubt GGG intended people to ru these recipes from the ground up (starting with a white item).

1) roll with alts until a tier 3-5 roll (depending on the flasks you wish to invest).
2) dump 2-3 flasks into the recipe.
3) Aug and hope
4) regal and hope

Very useful for those moments in crafting where you get tier 3 and reroll knowing that you would have aug/reg if it was only 1 tier higher.

This is also only 1 of a few recipes added. I wonder if the other ones have any interaction with crafting that might make this more useful. /ponder

I'll play around with it when I get home.

This is not one of a few. All new recipes are discovered.

4 new for the bandit respecs.

1 new for fire damage
1 new for cold damage
1 new for lightning damage
1 new for physical damage

That are all 8 new recipes.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
I would be interested in crafting this way, from the ground up, if it allowed you to this with all the mods.

Say you take a white weapon. You want:

+% Phys
+ Phys
+% Phys & Accuracy
+% ASP

So, for the +Phys, you need Granite Flasks and Orbs. Ok. So you roll that up to top tier -1. Awesome.

So now, you want to add the +% Phys. Well, now you need something else.... How about... Iron Rings. So, now you're adding a second mod. So, since your adding a second mod, you could increase the number of orbs it takes, because this is the second mod. Boom. Done. Now you need two orbs, + X amount of Iron Rings, and you can boost up the % Roll.

Now, you want the accuracy + % Phys Roll. This would make the item a Rare. So, now you need a regal for each time you do it. And, you need... God knows what. Albino Rhoa Feathers for all I care. Boom. Handled You roll it up.

Then, you want to add the 4th mod. Well, that sir, is going to cost you Exalts, because you're adding the mod to an already rare item.

I'd LOVE to craft this way. Even if it did end up being very expensive. It would be Crafting, the very real sense of crafting. i could assemble what I want, and I could build the item as I saw fit.

Then, you could even push it further than that, and do the same thing with sockets and links. I would much rather craft safe, and save, and spend (potentially) more currency / items than "needed" to make sure I get what I want, as opposed to hoping, and praying, that I get what I want off of Alts, and regals, and exalts, and alchs, and chaos.

Hell, I'd love to take my current mace and 6L it.

If there were a recipe that cost me:

6x stacks of jewelers + 6X stacks of Whets to get 6S
6x Stacks of Fusings + 6x Stacks of Whets to get 6L
4 R gems, 2 G gems, + 6X Stacks of Chromes

to turn my mace into a 6s / 6l 2G 4R weapon? I'd drop it all in a heart beat to do it.
Last edited by shoju on Nov 19, 2013, 9:20:53 AM
"
shoju wrote:
I would be interested in crafting this way

That is even less aRPG than this shopping game we have now.

And that is fucking saying something.
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info