ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
Jonix wrote:
Hey Ziggy, I'm leveling using a very similar build (taking a different path using ST, will convert to EK soon) But I have a question regarding Discipline. How much does your mana and mana regen go up using discipline? I've been thinking about using pure ES Boots/Gloves/shield instead of hybrid gear to boost my ES (and thus mana/mana regen) value to a similar amount that discipline would grant me. Consequently, that would reduce the need for discipline and I could make my aura's Grace + Clarity + Hatred. using grace would enhance my AR more than any hybrid boots/gloves could.

THoughts?

lvl 69,

mine goes from 191 mana regen a sec to 253

running, auras are clarity, hatred, discipline, and grace. You need all aura nodes to run these four.
I've been progressing well up until now which is act 3 cruel, currently level 48. I am a mostly self found player and would like some help on which of my gear pieces I should try to craft or maybe trade for?

As of right now, my mana only lets me run clarity and I can't run Arctic Armour either.

Act 3 has been kind of a gear check wall for me and my progress has stopped. What should I do?

Spoiler
Last edited by Hellsmith on Nov 30, 2013, 2:58:06 PM
"
Hellsmith wrote:
I've been progressing well up until now which is act 3 cruel, currently level 48. I am a mostly self found player and would like some help on which of my gear pieces I should try to craft or maybe trade for?

As of right now, my mana only lets me run clarity and I can't run Arctic Armour either.

Act 3 has been kind of a gear check wall for me and my progress has stopped. What should I do?

Spoiler

I don't think you need to be worrying about arctic Armour right now because i only started using it at around level 59. As for gear you want to be focusing on finding Armour and Energy shield gear or Armour and Evasion. And for stats you want Health and resists on your armour and as much mana and mana regen on other gear as possible. dont forget getting +Mana will increase your mana regen as well.
"
asbo96 wrote:
"
Hellsmith wrote:

Spoiler

I don't think you need to be worrying about arctic Armour right now because i only started using it at around level 59. As for gear you want to be focusing on finding Armour and Energy shield gear or Armour and Evasion. And for stats you want Health and resists on your armour and as much mana and mana regen on other gear as possible. dont forget getting +Mana will increase your mana regen as well.

Ok, well can you tell me if my stats are under what they should be for this level?

HP: 2050
Mana: 517
EK DPS: 635
Resists: All 75
"
Hellsmith wrote:
"
asbo96 wrote:
"
Hellsmith wrote:

Spoiler

Ok, well can you tell me if my stats are under what they should be for this level?

HP: 2050
Mana: 517
EK DPS: 635
Resists: All 75

Wow good job on your resists lol i still dont have max resists xD

Your stats arent bad you have pretty good Hp and resists but your mana is a bit low. Do you have the Eldritch battery key stone? If you do i would try to get some more mana. Also try to find some gear with links for your ek. Getting some more mana will let you run more auras so thats important. But your Ek damage is a little low i would try getting some support gems attached to ek like added fire damage and faster casting or faster projectiles.
Hey ZiggyD, you mention that EK explodes in damage when your character gets to the 70s/80s, but what causes that explosion exactly? I've currently got a level 15 EK gem (0% quality) and I've noticed that for the past few levels my damage has only gone up by 200 each level. My gem is currently five-linked (faster projectiles, mana leech, added fire, and faster casting) and I'm hitting for ~1450 damage. Does that change at levels over 15, or do I really need a 6 link before my damage really jumps? It feels like if I keep up the pace I've had up to this point I'm going to have awful damage when I get to maps.

Edit: Here's my gear at the moment if you want to quickly compare:
Spoiler

Last edited by Holzmann on Nov 30, 2013, 4:25:42 PM
"
Holzmann wrote:
Hey ZiggyD, you mention that EK explodes in damage when your character gets to the 70s/80s, but what causes that explosion exactly? I've currently got a level 15 EK gem (0% quality) and I've noticed that for the past few levels my damage has only gone up by 200 each level. My gem is currently five-linked (faster projectiles, mana leech, added fire, and faster casting) and I'm hitting for ~1450 damage. Does that change at levels over 15, or do I really need a 6 link before my damage really jumps? It feels like if I keep up the pace I've had up to this point I'm going to have awful damage when I get to maps.

Spoiler

Im level 64 and my ek does 1.8k with Faster proj,faster cast, added fire. I think its your wand, it doesnt have enough spell damage. Also where is your sheild? that should have some spell damage mod and life, resist or mana/mana regen :p
"
asbo96 wrote:
"
Holzmann wrote:

Spoiler

Im level 64 and my ek does 1.8k with Faster proj,faster cast, added fire. I think its your wand, it doesnt have enough spell damage. Also where is your sheild? that should have some spell damage mod and life, resist or mana/mana regen :p

Strange, I thought I linked my shield. Here it is:

Spoiler

I'd like more spell damage, but haven't found a good wand with + spell damage and + projectile speed yet. I guess it's time to starting shopping.
So in the guide it says to respec out of projectile damage and go into the mana nodes, is there any way to do this without using 17 passive refund points?

"Head down and get Iron Reflexes and Mind Over Matter. When you get MoM respec the projectile nodes into the mana ones and then get the life near MoM and Purity of Flesh up in the top left of the tree."

Here's my current tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGcVIBjbHNwelCj6KaUqTSzpLagxnjWSPydBh0ZxSn1KyE3jTipVxlpSW69noG6qdPF_xoIegseDCYUyh3aIQojxj0aTJ5tdplenCKiarD-sWbGQtAy18rc-t9a4k8HFz2XQ0Nrd2wvbWdxX3Q3nY-vu8pf56PzF_gr-jw==
Last edited by Hellsmith on Nov 30, 2013, 6:10:18 PM
"
Holzmann wrote:
"
asbo96 wrote:
"
Holzmann wrote:

Spoiler

Strange, I thought I linked my shield. Here it is:

Spoiler

I'd like more spell damage, but haven't found a good wand with + spell damage and + projectile speed yet. I guess it's time to starting shopping.

yeah you have like phy damage mods so after you get some spell damage you should see a nice jump in dps for your ek. Should be around 2k i think

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info