ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
johngilcher wrote:
love the guild and following the build ... ive been playing PoE for almost a three weeks now i would say and my Scion on nemesis following your build is now 51 ...
i accidently overleveled my AA way beyond current mana regen,, so i picked up a new lvl 1 AA and am leveling it while making sure its close to my mana regen ( a little over at most to compensate for time standing still)

However there a couple of Gems i noticed you stopped leveling and im curious as to why.

EK SETUP
Faster Projectiles
Added Fire
Life Leech
Faster Casting
Iron Will OR Level 2+ Empower --- (why stop at lvl 2? and is this meant just for empower? can i continue to level iron will?)

Cast on Damage Taken SETUP

CoDT Level 4 + Enduring Cry Lvl 7 + Decoy Totem Lvl 9 + Molten Shell Lvl 9
CoDT Level 6 + Enduring Cry Lvl 8 + Decoy Totem Lvl 10 + Molten Shell Lvl 10

why stop any of these of these levels? is the CoDT leveling hault because of "%less damage" mod?

thanks again for the help ... there questions are probably basics but im still fairly new to PoE

I didn't stop levelling any of those EK supports - they all go to 20 and empower goes to level 3. Not sure what gave that impression!

CoDT has a new effect where it can only support gems with the same or level requirement. That's why we have those points - we level to 4 or 6 so we can actually level the other gems a bit and still have them go off.

Hope that helps!
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
Ziggy, what do you think about using the new Storm call skill instead of EK with this build?

And maybe swap some mana + life nodes for the static blows + chance to shock.
got it !!!

great stuff ... enjoying all your vids too

THANKS ALOT!!!
IGN : Kaeadarrii (nemesis)
Hey Ziggy,

I've enjoyed ur build a lot.

Since what level have you been able to start running with 3 (Disc, clarity and hatred/grace) auras?

Im currently lvl 67 with no reduced mana passive talents.

Atm I got 75% all resistances on merc, 3945 hp, 3667 mana. Mana regen with clarity, disc and artic on is 290. Phys redu 41% without enduring charges or molten shell.

After Clarity and Discipline I have 1880 reserved mana and 1787 unreserved.

EK DPS @ 2030. How do you think im doing?

If you got any tips I'd appreciate them :) Here's my gear & build @ lvl 67

Gear

Thanks a lot for good guide & tips for the forum users :)
Last edited by Mungboof on Dec 1, 2013, 6:31:10 AM
"
Mungboof wrote:

Since what level have you been able to start running with 3 (Disc, clarity and hatred/grace) auras?

I'm not Ziggy but I believe you need all the reduced mana res. nodes in order to run all 3 auras. I would spec out of Path of the Savant and get Sovereignity with those 4 points, if you're not running 2 auras atm, I think you will be able to once you get them but don't quote me on that one :)
"
buks wrote:
"
Mungboof wrote:

I'm not Ziggy but I believe you need all the reduced mana res. nodes in order to run all 3 auras. I would spec out of Path of the Savant and get Sovereignity with those 4 points, if you're not running 2 auras atm, I think you will be able to once you get them but don't quote me on that one :)

That's exactly what I did 4 levels ago ^^ I had Sovereignity taken and I didnt have close to running 3 auras smoothly. That's why I thought I'll just stick with taking the few dps nodes (Path of the Savant as you mentioned) and now going for the reduced mana/aura effects or max life/mana nodes :P Just wanted to hear out what ziggy did himself.
Thank you for the comprehensive, step-by-step guide - it so refreshing to see someone actually taking time and effort to put the pieces together by the spoonfull. Awesome - Thanks
Hi guys, I used this guide for my current build and am at level 82. I would like to post the entire build for your review but don't don't know how to link things to this thread. can you give a noob some instruction?

Thanks!
Just RIPed at merci vaal. I'll just reroll but I just used every single bit of remaining currency and fully upgraded my gear so now im pretty much at zero again.Overall the build was awesome, i had 75% resists while 1-2 shotting everything up to vaal so i didnt know id take such a big hit from his pure physical dmg and instadied. Also screw that level 75 guy that joined my group and was removing my enfeeble for his dmg curse xD

Since the only thing i seemed to lack was phys. resist do you think its possible to remove some passives to grab the aura ones above the ranger start and would that allow me to run grace as 4th aura.
Last edited by MuFeR on Dec 1, 2013, 10:51:34 AM
Hi,

Here is my current build at level 83. It has performed well in most situations but lacks the dps of most of my party members. I can currently only run 3 auras and find clarity, discipline and grace a must for upper level maps and bosses. Without hatred, my dps is only 4.2k. This leads to extremely slow killing with full parties in maps above 67. The build has more survivability than any I have had so far.

Map mods that are tough to impossible are: blood magic and anything that inhibits or prohibits mana regen. I suppose you could swap a mana leech gem for those situations and get by.

My passives have followed the guide.

more stats:

Dps with hatred = 6.1k without = 4.2k
Hp = 4186
mana = 3900
regen = 225
75 all res
phy reduction is 52 with grace 28 without
Chance to block 32
-27 chaos res
Mana after reserve = 1200

I'm currently saving fusings to supplement a lottery I plan to use to 6link my Carcas jack.

Everything on the char except the wand was self found.

Any suggestions or comments are appreciated!

Last edited by Chopper2013 on Dec 1, 2013, 5:05:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info