ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
Mungboof wrote:
Ziggy have you noticed how much reserved mana one should have minimally after running 3 auras?

Atm I'm less tanky with discipline + hatred + clarity than just clarity + hatred. :<

you should have enough to cast your ethereal knives w,o it not be able to cast. if you're less tanky don't run discipline.
"
MuFeR wrote:
Just RIPed at merci vaal. I'll just reroll but I just used every single bit of remaining currency and fully upgraded my gear so now im pretty much at zero again.Overall the build was awesome, i had 75% resists while 1-2 shotting everything up to vaal so i didnt know id take such a big hit from his pure physical dmg and instadied. Also screw that level 75 guy that joined my group and was removing my enfeeble for his dmg curse xD

Since the only thing i seemed to lack was phys. resist do you think its possible to remove some passives to grab the aura ones above the ranger start and would that allow me to run grace as 4th aura.

It's possible but I don't think it's worth it. You'll be eventually able to run 4 auras with good gear (im still working there) and before that you switch out to grace for boss fights or hard maps. With granite/jade flasks and arctic armor + base armor we do pretty well.

But yeah non-enfeebled vaal smash is tough :( sorry man
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
"
ibeyurvanh wrote:
"
Mungboof wrote:
Ziggy have you noticed how much reserved mana one should have minimally after running 3 auras?

Atm I'm less tanky with discipline + hatred + clarity than just clarity + hatred. :<

you should have enough to cast your ethereal knives w,o it not be able to cast. if you're less tanky don't run discipline.

minimum 700 mana is recommended for Mind Over Matter after all auras. If you cannot get close to that then leave disc off for now until you can get more aura nodes or mana.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
Are you still planning on making a storm call build?
Hey ZiggyD!! First off this is a very fun and great build that is not insanely expensive to make, plus the survivability is very fun aswell. I do have one question though, I have been using a 5L chest piece for awhile that I picked up but just a few minutes ago I found Tabula's Armor and was curious would it be better to use that and put in Iron Will but seeing that Tabula's chest piece has no stats, or should I keep using 5L with extra stats??

Here is my current gear, also please feel free to give me input into what I should upgrade next I have some currency now to work with but have no idea what to upgrade to be more efficient. Im lvl 69 by the way.

Spoiler

Here is the 5L

Stats= lvl 69, 2.7k hp, 1500 mana, 364 after reserved, 1083 reserved, 3 auras Hatred/Purity/Clarity, 3.5k dps with hatred, 179 mana regen, 75 resists, -6 chaos, 14% Damage Reduction, 9% crit chance with Increased Crit Strike Chance gem.

Any help or advice from anyone would be much appreciated. Thank you!!
"
Dkbballer1 wrote:
Hey ZiggyD!! First off this is a very fun and great build that is not insanely expensive to make, plus the survivability is very fun aswell. I do have one question though, I have been using a 5L chest piece for awhile that I picked up but just a few minutes ago I found Tabula's Armor and was curious would it be better to use that and put in Iron Will but seeing that Tabula's chest piece has no stats, or should I keep using 5L with extra stats??

Here is my current gear, also please feel free to give me input into what I should upgrade next I have some currency now to work with but have no idea what to upgrade to be more efficient. Im lvl 69 by the way.

Spoiler

Here is the 5L

Stats= lvl 69, 2.7k hp, 1500 mana, 364 after reserved, 1083 reserved, 3 auras Hatred/Purity/Clarity, 3.5k dps with hatred, 179 mana regen, 75 resists, -6 chaos, 14% Damage Reduction, 9% crit chance with Increased Crit Strike Chance gem.

Any help or advice from anyone would be much appreciated. Thank you!!

Definitely use your 5link - it's not worth losing the ES and armor.

As a side note try and pick up a little more life on your gear, the chest not having any especially is pretty rough :S
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
"
Musica wrote:
Are you still planning on making a storm call build?

Yeah, just put up a level 35 update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR-qFGhayII

Still a long way to go before it reaches the EK build in terms of polish but you've gotta start somewhere!
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
Just in my IRR gear (220) I cant die with this build lol, just 3300 hp and 75 all res, 9000 EK.. and still need to lvl my EK to 20, empower 3 etc
-

i like peanutbutter

-
Hi ZiggyD and thanks for your nice build!
Just a little detail in the skill you use (I dont know if someone else already said that, I didnt read all the discussion's pages): instead of bear trap, could you use power siphon for loot culling? You already use a wand like weapon and you culd link it with both item rarity and item quantity in a 3L!

bye, Ciffo
"
ibeyurvanh wrote:
"
scorburel wrote:
I`m also curios about how can one go above 3-4k DPS without 6L and godly gear.

this is cause ethereal knives scales GREATLY the higher it is leveled

You only need a 4 link to get above 3k dps

the 5th link would be life leech to make you face tank

and the 6th link, should be one of the iron grip and exchanged into empower.

Lots of people use daggers for ethereal knives too with crit and power charges, the dps is in the 20k range

here's my gear for 3.5 dps with 4 auras running (grace clarity hatred discipline

Spoiler

That may be, but won`t 4k dps be too low for lv 72+ maps?
Last edited by scorburel on Dec 2, 2013, 1:30:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info