ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

"
fallut wrote:
Hey Ziggy! This build is viable for starting shadow?

Im pretty sure it is because there are quite a few Shadow ek. I think its just gonna be hard to get hp and mana nodes.
"
Bsmooth wrote:
Is the Rathpith Globe unique good for this build?
Yes. That and Saffell's are great unique shields.

"
fallut wrote:
Hey Ziggy! This build is viable for starting shadow?
It's do-able but you have to take a few extra nodes to travel around the tree that could be better spent elsewhere. Any build that covers as much of the tree as this are best from Scion otherwise you waste a lot of nodes just trying to span the tree.
IGN: Dmillz
Hi guys!

Just a PSA: I highly recommend using Tabula Rasa until about level 70 with this build. You do not need MoM until then and the 6L is incredibly invaluable.

I'm doing over 3,000 DPS with my 6L EK with EK+FP+FC+AFD+BM+LL at level 60 and just demolishing everything. I used ST+LMP+LGOH+FA+FP+BM up until 55. I haven't had any close calls as you just kill things so fast.

I really recommend grabbing a Tabula Rasa until you plan on doing maps. The only crappy part is you're going to lose DPS when you get higher level and switch to a 4L or 5L =P
"
Valentia wrote:
Hi guys!

Just a PSA: I highly recommend using Tabula Rasa until about level 70 with this build. You do not need MoM until then and the 6L is incredibly invaluable.

I'm doing over 3,000 DPS with my 6L EK with EK+FP+FC+AFD+BM+LL at level 60 and just demolishing everything. I used ST+LMP+LGOH+FA+FP+BM up until 55. I haven't had any close calls as you just kill things so fast.

I really recommend grabbing a Tabula Rasa until you plan on doing maps. The only crappy part is you're going to lose DPS when you get higher level and switch to a 4L or 5L =P

D:, What if you're new & poor

Anyways, my scion is currently lvl49 and goes through content pretty well. How much dps should you have on EK before doing maps?
"
MuFeR wrote:
"
ZiggyD wrote:
"
MuFeR wrote:
I don't really like casting totem so I'll only use one linked with cast on dmg taken and I'm wondering should I go for lvl 10 decoy or lvl 6 devouring? Also on a 4L with AA-curse-faster casting what should I use as the last gem other than empower?

Unfortunately since the nerf the Decoy is the only viable option on the CoDT. Pre-nerf I had devouring on it and it worked so well for this build... life + mana leech!!

I'll go with decoy then. Regarding my 2nd question which you didn't answer, would it be a good choice to use detonate dead then for those annoying necromancers since it will be linked with faster casting? Also whats this nerf u talk about devouring, checked all patch notes since 1.0.0 and didnt find anything about it.

Sorry missed that. Det dead is always a good utility skill but I prefer just keeping my devouring totem to switch out with Decoy as a self cast when I need it.

And the nerf is to Cast When Damage Taken, not Devouring totem.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
YouTube.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
Twitter.com/ZiggyDStarcraft
PoE and Strategy Gaming Content
"
buks wrote:
I'm still leveling, in early cruel, just about to get EB and then move to IR. Am I correct to think that I need to wear armor/es or evasion/es pieces?

yeah definitely, you want to start switching around the time you are taking EB.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
"
eirstryder wrote:
"
Valentia wrote:
Hi guys!

D:, What if you're new & poor

Anyways, my scion is currently lvl49 and goes through content pretty well. How much dps should you have on EK before doing maps?

Buy it and resell it. They are extremely liquid and I'm pretty sure I could make an Exalt a day just buying and reselling Tabula Rasa.
I was wrong when I thought I could afford a 6L for this build so I'm gonna end up with a 5L for a while. What content can I do with only a 5L and how bad is my dps gonna be?
"
buks wrote:
I was wrong when I thought I could afford a 6L for this build so I'm gonna end up with a 5L for a while. What content can I do with only a 5L and how bad is my dps gonna be?

TBH it's not that big a difference. About 700-1500 dps difference, though I havent tested empower level 3 yet.

The 5th link is the super important one so just get mapping and slowly save up for a decent 6link.

You'll be able to do everything you'd be able to do with a 6L, it's just going to be an extra cast to kill things sometimes.
Twitch.TV/ZiggyDLive
what would be a wise order of upgrade for the Gems? (what gems to level in the secondary slots)
Apologizes if it has been asked before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info