Kripparrian's wand Templar?

Im going for this build, Levling slowly but safe, at the start of Cruel. ATM im using a 2h sword (got lucky and found a sweet unique sword) with heavy strike as single target and Lightning Strike as aoe, both linked with weapon elemental dmg, and it is working so far.

Edit: wops double post
Last edited by Nikerym on Jan 29, 2013, 6:15:12 AM
I played a dw sword duelist in closed beta, went with that at the beginning of open beta too, but after a friend changed his mind on what class he wanted to play I decided to try out a wand templar until he caught up to where I was on my duelist.

As much as I love playing a duelist I won't be going back as playing a wand templar is just so much fun.

I will say one thing though, you do not have to go melee and then change the build at a higher level.

I was using wands from the moment I could use power siphon and I had no issues with progressing through the game at all.
i dont get why not to lvl power siphon when the min mana is 15 at lvl 1 and 18 at 20 ,there isnt a huge diference
"
maynardbyron wrote:
I'd like to know if going for Kripp's build is really doable for everybody. He always has good players in his party, has an incredible knowledge of the game.

I'd like to try it but I don't want to feel like I suck at lvl 30 and die on a random mob.

And also, what to play before going for power siphon ? I know he went 2h but what skills did he use to lvl, etc...

I don't know if his high offense version is doable for everyone, but the core idea of build is very flexible. Instead of the million auras he uses, you can stick to anger/wraith/clarity/disc and keep your energy shield, and head to shield nodes west of templar to pick up the resist all buffs. You will be a notch or two below his offense, but very survivable. Once you get the feel of it( or just great gear) you can respec to his build.

I use this build at lvl 63 and have gotten along fine.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEBwSzBVsMfQ5IEH8RlhRNFkAWbxmFGjIaOB0UHwIkqilPLR8yiTbFNuk_c0bXTLNN2E99UDBRYFXGV-JdxmBtZp5nvW0Zd-V4zny7f8aAVoFvgpuDOIV9i4yMdo9GkFWboZ2AnjyiAKKjpwinhKmVtoa4k8Hzxp7PZdDQ0xva3dsC3fPhc-Nq44TsOO0g7m_wH_Nx-tI=
I'm lvl 37 so far, and following this build has been a very nice and smooth ride. No problems yet at all.

I am wielding a sceptre and a shield and basically just going for highest DPS for weapons and highest armor for armor.

Today I bought 4 of the auras and it is quite possible to have them all running at same time.

The auras: Wrath, Discipline, Anger and Clarity. However, I currently only have 30 mana, so obviously I need more intelligence and/or more int/mana gear.

Which aura is least beneficial atm? Which one can I shut down in order to gain more mana?
Trying this build out as it looks quite fun later on, currently level 31 and using a two hand sword.

Just wondering what would be the best level to transition to wand? Also, what sort if stats should I be looking for in my armor and weapon? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
IGN: alphalanger
Looking for upgrades for me elemental wand templer (kripps build)
So one thing I still don't get is the difference between the physical and elemental damage.
In Kripp's video he says everything is attack based like a bow.
However, he also says that you want the added elemental damage because it increases greatly with your skills.
What type of damage is being done here? Also, what kind of wand are you looking for? Physical or elemental?
Thanks!
Anyone have a link to his current build? I cant seem to figure out where he went in the skill tree.
"
shoted45 wrote:
Anyone have a link to his current build? I cant seem to figure out where he went in the skill tree.

Yeah, Would be good to know the update of his build.
"
Gekko101 wrote:
dont plan on trying the build until lvl 40+

what skills are u guys using while lvling up to wands? Lightning strike?

im using arc and its a blast way better then melee, i drop a totem so all of them go for the totem and i zap them all with arc :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info