Kripparrian's wand Templar?

"
Revolutionary wrote:
hey guys,

i am lvl 36 with this build and am lacking mana and mana regen.
i got the following auras: clarity, wrath, anger but cant use them all. in fact, i only use clarity atm, still lacking mana/regen.

at the moment i am at the crossroad in the passive skill tree where i have to decide to either get Inner focus to buff my auras (esp the buff to clarity is what i am looking for) or to rush for eldrich battery. inner focus would be 4 points away, battery 10. whats the way to go?

also, should i have stopped leveling some skillgems to save mana?

would be nice if someone could answer,
thanks

Inner force, just run wrath + anger (should be around half your mana, if not get more mana or use lower level gems). Your damage comes largely from those auras. If those 2 are half your mana then 2 mana flasks should sustain you - make sure to get surgeon's on them.
Last edited by samuraiduel on Jan 28, 2013, 1:15:30 PM
"
Revolutionary wrote:
i you can use every skillgem that adds fire/cold/lightning dmg until you get the ones u really want.

does anyone know if its better to stop leveling some skillgems? if so, which?

I was wondering this as well. Krip was saying he doesn't level PS beyond level 5, but it wasn't clear as to why.
Thanks,
MrGravis
Why does kripp use battery while trying to get items with just pure armor and no ES? I thought the purpose of battery was to give you mana based on ES but if you have no ES from gear then what purpose does it serve?
He uses battery coupled with discipline and some +ES talents to give him enough mana to run as mana auras as he does. Once he has enough mana to do that plus spam PS, he stacks mitigation instead, like armor.
"
MrGravis wrote:
"
Revolutionary wrote:
i you can use every skillgem that adds fire/cold/lightning dmg until you get the ones u really want.

does anyone know if its better to stop leveling some skillgems? if so, which?

I was wondering this as well. Krip was saying he doesn't level PS beyond level 5, but it wasn't clear as to why.

Base cost goes up at 6
Hi folk!

I started as a Bow Templar with Lighting Arrow and Elemental Hit. I'm 42 now and struggling in Act2 Cruelty. I can kill stuff, but stuff is usually killing me first if I don't kite. Since I have the gems and a cool Wand, I just swapped to Wand+Shield. Dealing approx 100 dmg more now (about 300 instead of 200) and it also is a lot more stable.
I'm using the following skills:
Elemental Hit
Power Siphon + Lesser Multiple Projectiles
Freezing Pulse + Faster Projectiles
Discharge, Moltenshell
Clarity, Anger, Wrath, though I can only cast 2 at a time since I lack mana.

Anyhow, I have 2 concerns:
a) http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbFE0abCSLKU8yiT0PRtdN2FfiXcZgbWZPZ7135Xy7fVN99YFJgW-Cm4M4i4yMdo9Gm6GdgJ2unjyiAKcIsji1BLaG0NDa3d3z4XPkIu0g8B_zcQ== This is my build right now, and I somehow feel like I have missskilled it. So I thought about respeccing some points, but I only have 5 points to respec atm. Can you give me advice on that one? Which passive points would you respec in my build?

b) With Raining Arrow and LA+Fork, I have had nice AoE before I changed to Wand. Now, my AoE consists of Discharge and Moltenshell, but both are not ideal AoE spells for me. How can I get some efficient AoE damage?

It's default league. I hope someone can give me advice!
Last edited by Herzog on Jan 28, 2013, 1:45:29 PM
Can anyone tell me how far Kripp lvl each gem? which does he max and which ones does he not max? and at what lvl does he stop on each?
He stopped leveling of two gems. Both of them are power siphon at level 5, because of increased mana cost since level 6. You can see this in youtube video. In today stream I saw, he hasn't level also some red gem. I don't know which one.

But you shouldn't care about this too much. You will probably dump your current 0% quality gems for some 15-20% one later. It is easier to find 15% one, than level 0% to 15%... Also if GGG would see, that players stop gem at some level, they will change gem scaling.
The red gem he wasn't leveling was Leap Slam because he was being goofy with his off weapons.
"
antelopesalad wrote:
Why does kripp use battery while trying to get items with just pure armor and no ES? I thought the purpose of battery was to give you mana based on ES but if you have no ES from gear then what purpose does it serve?

The reason krip uses battery is becuase all auras do not get affected by the mana given by eb, so you can run 6-8 auras with it and have enough mana for skills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info