Bandit respec for 20 regrets? Seriously?

Hi, first of all Id like to mention that I like this game and I respect philosophy of regret orbs which is like - you want to tweak some passives? Why not... but its going to be expensive.

I believe that it is really expensive to spend several regrets for most of people, but at least it works the way that how many regrets you use, so much passives you can change.

This character is my first and only. Its just how I play. I created Witch because I like magic etc and started playing right away. Nuff said I had no clue what I am doing.. game was going on and I met bandits quest where I found out that Alira will give me 40 mana. I was like hmm that's useful for me since I'm caster and I had mana issues at that time. I thought that other bandits would give me some similar small bonuses for other not caster based classes, therefore I took it and kept going on. On Cruel I was thinking exactly same. I thought that Alira will give me mana again (maybe even more since its higher difficulty) so I helped her again... to my surprise I received minor cast speed bonus which is even bigger garbage for me now because Im not running cast speed based build. That was the point when I checked the web what were my options and when I found out that I could have 2 passive points instead.

Now I'm lvl 74 Witch with 600+ mana after 50% reduction from Voll's chest. Mana bonus from Alira gives me something between 20-30 mana because of mana bonuses from passives. Id exchange it right away for 1 passive point which can be like +8% max mana. Cast speed from Cruel difficulty does not even worth of mention. You know what? Screw mana atm, Im solving survival issues atm so I'd take something like +6% to max ES because I just spent point on Chaos Innoculation.

In the end I had np clue you are going to make bandit respec possible... I haven't even complained on forums about wrong and permanent choice I made, but when its in game now ...for 20 regrets.. I feel kinda lost.

I have 2 regret orbs. Maybe 3 when I'd use all my scourging orbs through recipe. But even if I'd have these 20 regrets, there is no way I would spend it to get 1 passive in exhance for 20 mana. Its same like it didn't force me to create new char or crying on forums or abuse admins to change that choice I made.

You know what? I have 1 exalted in my bank... keeping it to get few more and buy something like Void Battery. You are like nooo, spend it to respec bandit reward. You want to change two quests? Well, you cant even afford it yet.

Seriously... who's going to use it. Even if I would have like 20 exalteds I wouldn't spend 2 of them to respec bandit reward. I'd buy some gear or something.

Yea Im bad at pricing items and yes its definitely possible I'm missing some valuable items lying on ground which could give me way better income. But damn, you just released the game... most of new players are even worse than me. Maybe some of them are so bad that they would use their first exalted to respec it in the end. Is it intended for these players which are willing to make even worse decisions than me? Or only top player base? These top players most probably already created new char just because they screwed bandit rewards or they played in beta therefore they simply didn't screw up with bandit rewards...

20 regrets seriously... just move it to microtransactions (I wouldn't buy it anyway) so its not so much irritating.

Thx for reading.
Last edited by Diphal on Nov 13, 2013, 3:59:33 PM
It's not that hard to research for what kind of rewards bandits are offering. Also you'll learn a lesson for the future in case of picking wrong reward.

"I accept Nujabes as my Savior."
I'm not complaining about choosing wrong reward... I'm complaining about purpose of this addition.

Like... how many ppl is going to use it? Who's this change intended for? Experienced players? These probably played in beta and don't need to change rewards.

And no man, I don't need to teach that its always better to do some research first, and it's how I do things in real life. But not in game. I want to play the game and not study what passives I should go for first, what bandits I should chose etc. There is like milion things in PoE that you could check before you start to play your fist char, and even then there are things you would do different on you second toon. Who did that? Noone.
20 regrets is cheaper/easier than I expected it to be.
I'm surprised you're level 74 and only have 2 regrets. They're fairly cheap to buy on trade if you want more. If you don't want to spend your exalt, you could trade some chaos for regrets.
20 regrets is not expensive if you not how to conserve your currency. It can easily be earned within the first 1-2 days of playing the game, even if it doesn't seem appealing to 'throw' it all away for a reward flip. And you actually do seem to be complaining about your choice for the Bandit Quest, that's what set this whole 'argument' if you may, up. I don't see what the big deal is with everyone and this slight addition, you can now change your bandit reward if you're not pleased with the outcome of the previous reward that you chose, for a reasonable fee. Posting a topic like this will just lead to unneeded discussion that has already been argued numerous times.
I did it. Seriously.
my first one was a summoner, so when reaching the quest i looked up the first guide i found for a summoner and it told me what to do. People love this game because of its complex gameplay. Thats the reason why they like it more then games like d3. Play d3 if you dont want to do mistakes. It cant happen there.
thats like 1 exalted ? Thats not that much in long run.
For new characters sure its better to just start new but if you are farming maps and you are just looking to min/max your character - thats what is it for.
Typical game community. Every change is the right one, everyone who says otherwise is noob or simply person who's posting unneeded topics etc. Yet changes are coming every patch, changing what you previously said is right.

You know what? Why 20 regrets? Lets make it 100. Maybe even passive points should be for more than 1 regret orb. Lets say 20 regrets per one point respec. Funny thing is that with using one regret orb you can change more significant thing than you can change with 20 regrets orbs on bandit reward. THAT LOGIC.
"
Diphal wrote:
Typical game community. Every change is the right one, everyone who says otherwise is noob or simply person who's posting unneeded topics etc. Yet changes are coming every patch, changing what you previously said is right.

You know what? Why 20 regrets? Lets make it 100. Maybe even passive points should be for more than 1 regret orb. Lets say 20 regrets per one point respec. Funny thing is that with using one regret orb you can change more significant thing than you can change with 20 regrets orbs on bandit reward. THAT LOGIC.

they dont want people abusing the bandit rewards.. they dont want you to just take whatevers best for leveling and respec right away when you reach max level .. or respec on the go (40hp for pve and 1 Passive for pvp for example...

....nice melodrama though! :)
"
Diphal wrote:

What is difficult to understand? The intention is to not make bandit respecs easy. You are given a warning before you side with a bandit along with a clear indication of what you get. You chose to ignore those warnings and ended up with the wrong bandit reward. It's not supposed to be easy to change fundamental aspects of your character, like the bandit rewards.

If respecing was easy, people would respec whenever it would be advantageous to do so. By making it hard, a build becomes semi-permanent.
Last edited by Hrishi on Nov 13, 2013, 8:36:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info