Bandit respec for 20 regrets? Seriously?

I'll try to keep it short:

"
20 regrets seriously... just move it to microtransactions (I wouldn't buy it anyway) so its not so much irritating.

If 20 Orbs of Regret is an annoyingly expensive but plausible price and a micro-transaction is beyond consideration to you; what would you consider a reasonable cost for changing the reward for a quest which entailed making a conscious choice of whether to help the people in the Forest Encampment or one o the bandit lords?
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
I spent 20 orbs of regret on it. Why? Because I could get a small improvement from it. That's all. I didn't get something huge, I didn't even get something significant. I just got a very small optimization.

The option isn't there to punish you from doing bad choices. The option is there for you to gain a small gain in case you did a non-optimal choice down the road.

Even if you did something stupid (such as getting Alira's mana when using blood magic), the difference between the worst choice and the best choice is very minimal.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Personally I don't think bandit respec should be in game at all, make decisions ~ live with them. The only time it should be available is if GGG re sets your character due to passive tree changes. I never actually thought GGG would make this a recipe, just an option in that situation. Was pretty surprised tbh. So 20 regrets is fine by me.
We tested it extensively
20 regrets, too hard ? seriously?
what do you think about fusing a 6L chest? chance orb an unique like soul taker ?
if you want an easy game , have a full build who clear all map in 100 hours or less, leave POE please.

regrets are hard to loot, but maybe you forget currency recipe act3
(sorry for my bad english)
"
1988288 wrote:
It's not that hard to research for what kind of rewards bandits are offering. Also you'll learn a lesson for the future in case of picking wrong reward.

This logic fails with recent respec examples.
Recently, they added nodes that gave some people full respec. Why is it they get to respec their build (since nodes moved) but can't respec the bandit quests for less than 20 regrets each?

20 is absurd in this regard.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
[
Recently, they added nodes that gave some people full respec. Why is it they get to respec their build (since nodes moved) but can't respec the bandit quests for less than 20 regrets each?

20 is absurd in this regard.
This!!! (and also Vhlad and GedPoE who said the same thing further back in the thread).

Due to passive tree rebuilds and skill nerfs I've had to re-spec several toons several times. However I have to pay 20 regrets x 3 to revise my bandit choices to fit them in with the new build that I was forced to come up with?

I've already spent hours researching and thinking through new builds (which GGG usually break again a couple of months after I perfect them) - GGG also want me to spend more weeks farming for regrets to optimise those builds after they broke the previous ones? A build is a build and if it's broken by game changes then we should have a FULL re-set, not a partial one.

-------------------

tl;dr - When you're given a full passive re-spec due to GGG changing the game it should include a bandit re-spec also.
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
Necromancy! Also, 20 regrets isnt very much. You can do that in an evenings farming. The 80-90 regret orbs of respec points they give you for free should make you happy. There is no reason to demand more.

The changes to the game are never so drastic you need to change your bandit rewards unless you decided to use your respec to completely aim your build a different way, in which case its a cheap price to pay.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Oct 29, 2014, 9:54:49 PM
you never take mana anyways. also taking life on oak is not that good now anymore either. all res also sucks. so 90% of the time you will take the skillpoint anyways. so you wont have to spend 20 regrets there.

then there's phys/attack speed (almost same results) or cast speed. why do you only have 1 toon for casters AND attackers? thats bullshit. if you have 2, 1 caster and 1 attacker then, who would've guessed, you again dont need 20 regrets.

okay merciless. casters/crit characters (probably most EFFICIENT (you talk about rebuilding anyways aka. fotm build)) or maybe a endurance charge or skillpoint. so you might consider using 20 regrets here, but most of the time wont.

so guess what, you actually wouldnt use any regrets when your so called 'builds' - 'suddenly' get 'nerfed' to the fucking 'ground'. every skill is viable, you just need to learn to play with them.

stop whining seriously, you guys are so damn annoying.

PS:

"
tramshed wrote:
Necromancy! The 80-90 regret orbs of respec points they give you for FREE should make you happy. There is no reason to demand more.
Last edited by Therealshotzz on Oct 29, 2014, 9:57:11 PM
Made it to page 3. Not reading any more. Here is the difference between changing a normal allocated skillpoint and a bandit reward:

You get 18 respec points while completing the game, yes 18!!!! This is more than enough to swap around some stuff for leveling vs end game. The bandits are meant to be a permanent attribute, so if you decide that you want to change your bandit reward it more than certainly should cost more than a single regret orb. That 40 life from Oak on normal, it's huge. one extra power charge without having to go out of your way on the tree? huge. Be thankful the option exists, and be thankful it is something so attainable. In the 2 months that the rampage league has been active I have DROPPED 40+ regrets, and god knows how many scours. I could have changed all 3 bandit rewards on 2 characters just from scour and regret drops, let alone any other currency drops I could have bought more regrets for
20 regrets = just shy of 2ex

I think most people on these forums forget that the majority of players are fairly broke, 2ex is a lot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info