Bandit respec for 20 regrets? Seriously?

The change is intended for people who are already massively overhauling their builds, not to let you change your bandit reward at a whim.

Going from a full life melee build to an ES caster? You're going to want to respec the bandit too, in addition to the 40 or so regrets you're already spending.

Switching from a leveling BM build to a standard life-melee? Pick the right rewards in teh first place.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Diphal wrote:
I'm not complaining about choosing wrong reward... I'm complaining about purpose of this addition.

Like... how many ppl is going to use it? Who's this change intended for? Experienced players? These probably played in beta and don't need to change rewards.

And no man, I don't need to teach that its always better to do some research first, and it's how I do things in real life. But not in game. I want to play the game and not study what passives I should go for first, what bandits I should chose etc. There is like milion things in PoE that you could check before you start to play your fist char, and even then there are things you would do different on you second toon. Who did that? Noone.

When I started, nobody knew a damn thing about anything...

And we had to walk uphill both ways...

in the snow..

and the snow gave you foot herpes.

My point? Suck it up son.

The *optional* bandit-quest re-do is, optional, they could have make it cost 3 mirrors 20 exalts and 500 ID scrolls if they wanted to. They didn't even have to provide the option.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
The *optional* bandit-quest re-do is, optional, they could have make it cost 3 mirrors 20 exalts and 500 ID scrolls if they wanted to. They didn't even have to provide the option.

Yet the option is here, but for price which only few can afford.

My point? They should have left it permanent as it was. This way you ppl with shitloads of currency wouldn't think you can buy everything, even right to judge what is right and what is not.

When you want to be such a hardcore players, maybe there shouldn't be regret orbs at all.

1 regret orb and you can switch a passive, 20 and you can switch less important thing. THAT LOGIC :D

You keep ignoring the point of other posters.

Again; The cost is there because they don't want you to change bandit rewards too often.

As well, many people requested this option in the past:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/293723
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/310949
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/541219
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/297813

you can find more: http://www.pathofexile.com/search
"
fgcewoud wrote:
You keep ignoring the point of other posters.

Again; The cost is there because they don't want you to change bandit rewards too often.

As well, many people requested this option in the past:

I don't know if you are that dumb or its caused by something else... must be related to your brain tho.

Yes, many people wanted this option. Yes there is tons of threads with this request but man, whats your point? I'm not saying this feature is bad. I'm saying that price is bad. I'm asking who's this change intended for? For new guys which requested it? seriously?

First link you posted the OP says it should be there because of new guys. Let me see... new guy is probably busy with spending regret orbs to change passives or trading it for higher currency to improve gear. I'm sure new guy wont spend 20 regret orbs to undo 40 mana from Alira.

Another link you posted says it could be limited to number of respecs. If it would cost 1 regret orb + amulet and you could change your mind only once, it would be better than now. Why? Because it would be exactly for majority of players which are interested in this and still price-friendly. Well, you "wannabee hardcore" players wouldn't be able to do this multiple times but hey... isn't this exactly what you are bitching about? How did you call it? Abusing bandits?... Hmm I thought you are hardcore player. Something stinks here.

Nuff said your arguments suck and your logic failed my friend.
Last edited by Diphal on Nov 13, 2013, 9:35:53 PM
Move along folks. Nothing to see here.
I do agree that twenty regrets is a steep cost, but I'm just glad the option exists now. As with everything in the game, it's something to work toward to if you need or want to use it. You're 74, you made it to there with the wrong reward. You could now farm and make it your goal to get the respec (which will be a character improvement). This is infinitely better than the only option being to reroll the character.
heh 20 regrets ... nah ill just get it right the first time
I'm not sure right now, but can't you buy regrets in Act II from Yeena or Act III from Clarissa? I'm somehow sure you can't get them from Nessa, though.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
GGG changed bandit rewards a few times during beta.

It would have been nice to get a withdraw only stash tab of bandit respec books or a choose 1 out of 4 book dialogue box for old characters who selected bandit rewards before they were changed.

It's incredibly expensive to fix things that GGG changed. These aren't cases of mistakes or uncareful planning/optimization. 20 regrets per difficulty per character - some of us have 4+ characters who completed bandit quests before GGG modified bandit awards/values.

It seems inconsistent to offer full passive resets when portions of the tree are substantively changed, but make bandit respecs so expensive for old characters, despite substantive changes to award options.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Nov 14, 2013, 1:17:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info