Mors' Max Str, Ironwill, Freeze pulse build (updated for 1.3 tree (tentative)

Please update the early leveling trees :\
Last edited by lightdarkness on Sep 2, 2014, 3:36:10 AM
I was searching for iron will q20 use and i think, strenght.... is marauder,
and find your guide, its nice ty vm
Playing this build on Beyond.
I am 62lvl atm. DPS with 5L and GMP is 1,1k.
I have got 3,8k HP and 500 ES.
Gear
Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEC_gSzBUIHHgthDkgRLRGWFE0VUBZvGjgabCSqJy8nqSlPLJwtHzWSNuk62DwtPfxBlkLDSVFMs0z_VUtYY13yXz9h4ngNeWh8g3y7f8aMNozPkFWVIJUuna6iAKKjpwinhKloqW6us69stPm18rc-uJPBBMHzxYrGrsbYzfrYvd-E42rjn-Qi7DjvDvAf8NX2SP4K
IGN: Yapa_
Last edited by POLak47 on Sep 17, 2014, 6:36:28 AM
Anyone have a tree for 1.3? I just found a 2B3R1G 6 link and would definitely like to try this.
Last edited by FILM on Dec 15, 2014, 7:36:21 PM
I dug up a old offline skill tree client and tried to convert the build to 1.3. It's a pretty big bummer that the crit cluster that used to be by what was once Purity of Flesh (life&chaos resist cluster) is now Serpent Stance (staves only).

Here's a rough sketch:
http://poeurl.com/y8Jke53

This basically just gets everything you COULD get, but there's certainly tons of variation on pathing and the amount of STR nodes you want.

The resist nodes are likely optional, I don't know if it's worth getting Bloodless over other closer life clusters, whether or not it's worth having 2 additional endurance charges for your CWDT cry, whether it's better to path through Fury Bolts or to just take the lower route near MoM, etc.etc.
Last edited by FILM on Dec 15, 2014, 8:31:28 PM
I am currently running going for this in Torment
http://poeurl.com/y8LOeMX

with EK- Echo - Added Fire - Iron Will - Faster Casting - (Empower)
running Hatred, all Heralds and Clarity on Bloodmagic

Currently at 3.5k with EK-IW-Added Fire in a springleaf and ~4k HP unreserved at level 63.

I think EK is way better STR based than FP, as you dont need to worry about penetration gems and it's easier to get the right colors on chest, as you really wanna run either Belly of the Beast (due to high base life) or Lightning Coil (now maybe slightly less attractive).

Fully geared I expect to end up at at least 25k DPS (without Ming's Heart)
Last edited by Aernilion on Dec 16, 2014, 8:18:07 AM
Okay so I made this character in Bloodlines and just hit 70.

Current Tree:
http://poeurl.com/y897VbF

I'll likely go for Golem's Blood or Thick Skin next. Light of Divinity is worth considering for dps though given that I don't really feel all that strong. All said, I'm currently sitting at 880 strength.

Haste+Grace+Herald Of Ice puts me at 100% reserved atm. I'm planning on tweaking my gear further so I can use dual curse CWDT in the future.

I'm honestly a little bummed out at how lackluster this character is given the amount of currency I've sunk into it but it's defintely a build I've always wanted to try myself.
Last edited by FILM on Dec 20, 2014, 10:32:19 AM
I want to do an iron will righteous fire burning discharge build with flame surge for the single target. There's a great guide of it in another thread, but they don't find nearly as much strength on the tree..

Could someone chime in and help me out together a decent max strength Mara tree? Or at least help me put together the concepts of efficiently pathing while stacking strength..

My build idea will be severely limited due to the number of uniques namely non leg koams, dori belt, rotp, doon, and rime gaze (5L for flame surge) but all I'm really looking for is about 9k life and 800 strength
Okay, CWDT dual curse is -ok- but I think Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit is definitely the way to go. I'm currently BM'ing the Herald of Ice for when I just want to crush 66 maps. That said, damage is feeling much better now except for ele resist packs per usual.

Spoiler
I dont know if its still appropriate to post it here, but I think FP is not the best choice for going IW.

"

Haste+Grace+Herald Of Ice puts me at 100% reserved atm. I'm planning on tweaking my gear further so I can use dual curse CWDT in the future.

I'm honestly a little bummed out at how lackluster this character is given the amount of currency I've sunk into it but it's defintely a build I've always wanted to try myself.

In Rampage I tried a variant reserving 100% mana and also found the damage (with EK) severly lacking. After I adjusted my tree to support EK on mana, it felt really powerful.
Atm I am at lvl 81 IW EK in Rampage with 13K DPS running EK-Echo-Added Fire in Doon.

Anyway, for FP I'd do something like
http://poeurl.com/y9feZRS
which is the same tree I am running for my EK variant.
I feel Celestial Punishment and Elementalist make trying to go crit seem suboptimal.
Also, you really want all the cast speed you can get.

After testing it out on a respecced 86 marauder on standard, I have to say going for FP seem ok-ish.
Though from my personal (probably slightly biased towards EK) opinion, clearspeed seems lower than with EK, although singletarget seems tol be better.
Though, what annoyed me the most, is the fact that you HAVE to go into melee range to get the full damage potential, while EK is more midrange.

Test setup:
Spoiler

Tooltip DPS was 7k compared to ~26k with EK
I also had serious issues with sustaining the cost of FP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info