Build of the Week, Season 2 Episode 3 Build Submission Thread

"
Poutsos wrote:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287

Well my flicker nuke!extremely fast paced and fun.Can deal with 99% of the content,but requires to play well,and amazing clear speed.Still,risky gameplay,and too much desync to get nerfed :D

Poutsos, if you didn't submit your build, I was going to post a link to it for you :)

This build made this game more fun than I could ever hope it to be, you have my vote!
"
Chris wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
The state of the game is somewhat depressing at the moment. Chris, please consider the kind of mindset you are imbuing into players "If your build is widely used regardless if it is actually overpowered, it will be nerfed to the ground"

We're happy for builds to be overpowered and awesome. We're not happy for people to be able to proc full effectiveness defensive spells four times per second with no mana cost. Based on our testing, the changes in 1.0.0 help curb the abuse case while keeping the CwDT gem at a decent power level. We will definitely keep looking at data and feedback so that we can make further changes to it as needed.

Edit: Let's try to keep this thread about the build submissions. There are other appropriate places to discuss the balance changes. Thanks!

You already had everything you needed: a cooldown to tweak the defensive side of the skill and a damage reduction % to tweak the offensive part. Proccing Molten shell too often? Put a 4s cd on it. The damage output is too high, even on a 4s cd? Raise the damage penalty. And make leveling slightly decrease cd maybe. The cooldown was the right idea.

Instead, you chose to force people to use low level spells or have them proc way late. It used to be a cool skill, now it's a super-niche thing that people will mostly use if they have extra room in their gear.

It's called Cast when damage taken, I should be able to use it to cast my spells when I take damage.
IGN: WorldWideWitchDotCom
Last edited by Alphapix on Nov 13, 2013, 3:04:40 AM
The characters name is DeadGram.

This is an odd build in many peoples eyes, as I went with Blood magic and Vaal pact, then continued by adding on the Blood Rage gem.

This means that all this classes abilities use health, regen of which is non existent, and its constantly losing 4% of its health a second. This may seem utterly ridiculous to most people, but so far its been really amazing. The advantages of this class are that it can focus entirely on life leeching, and it can make good use of all its potion slots. Its not quite end-game yet, but its holding its own very well against enemies up to 10 levels above it, and usually comes out of a fight completely full health(excluding the life drain you still have from blood rage). It can then use devouring totem to top off.
Last edited by Gramoobi on Nov 13, 2013, 11:01:13 PM
The character's name is: Pirteloli

Build
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAecEBw5IES8RlhLhFHEV1xZAF-oaVRpsHwIk4Si1KU8qOCycLL8tHy3SL282PTbFNug62D1fQapDY0cGTLNN2FAwUlNVrlZjWPVZ813yX2phIWNDZKNmT2aebRlwUnC7cNVxTXKpfll_xoFJhX2GrohCiGuMdo5kjr6PRpHOksGXlZf0ms-do52uncSePJ_LoqOi6qXLpwinMKyqsji297b6tzG77cAawFHBxcHzwuzXhtgk2RPa3dte37DjhOQi7DjvTvId8uH3Mvem-Ov7Rfyr

Gear

Brief overview
This is a crit Discharge build, making use of the Voll's Protector and Voll's Devotion uniques and the Blood Rage skill to gain all kinds of charges with just a single use of Discharge.
To maximize the chance of gaining power charges, this build caps critical strike chance at 95%. Using trigger gems for Immortal Call, this build is near invulnerable to physical damage. Endurance charges are most of the time present to supply for a long duration of Immortal Call.
If one ever runs out of power charges, then there is Ice Spear, linked with Greater Multiple Projectiles and Chain to quickly gain them back.
Making use of the Ghost Reaver and Vaal Pact passives, one Discharge almost always completely refills the health of the character. Chaos Inoculation and Ghost Reaver are used to mitigate chaos damage and to rely on energy shield instead of life for the simple reason, that energy shield requires less passives to build up.
Having a high critical damage multiplier one Discharge is capable of killing almost every monster in the game with one hit. Even various map bosses.

How to play

Simply activate Discipline and keep Blood Rage up. Then gain some initial power charges by throwing Ice Spears into an enemy pack and then proceed to use Discharge. As long as enough charges are present, simply run into the next pack and use Discharge again.
IGN: Pirteloli
I would like to re-submit this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/549537/page/6#p4990824

This is a solo-build for a softcore league. It could work on hardcore, too, and I would like to renew my statement that it can work with rares as well. Seeing that we're talking end-game, players should always be aware of the fact that striving to get better equipment is always on.

It doesn't use fancy combos (I am thinking about an EK-spectral thrower, but I haven't figured out the mechanics yet), but it gets the job done pretty quickly. It grinds. Also, the combos on Infernal Blow can be changed, because this is, IMO, the more flexible attack. (I grind down mobs or bosses to 20-25% HP with Cyclone, then Infernal Blow'em to hell). So, I've thought about a Culling Strike-Infernal Blow, but I keep using Chromatics on other items. :D

Slight changes:

I use Grace for an aura now instead of Determination (it gives more damage reduction).

At the time I wrote the previous post, I had just acquired a CWDT gem. It's worked wonderfully. The new patch nerf doesn't phase me out that much, although I wished I would've know a week sooner so I wouldn't have leveled my lvl 1 q20% Warlord's Mark to lvl 15-16.

I'm still gonna use it (I've thought about going back to Faster Casting, but then I wouldn't use Immortal Call - to tedious to press all the buttons), and hopefully it will still do its job ok.

P.S.: I highly doubt GGG is using our builds for future nerfs. I anything, GGG people are trying to balance the game. It would be dandy for them not to release a new gem or item and nerf it in 3 weeks because maybe things weren't thought through, but that's another story.

Learn to get around, and maybe don't copy builds down to the letter. Think them through, and adapt to your situation.

"
Chris wrote:

Episode 3 is about pure power. Submit a build that trivialises our hardest content.

The last part of the sentence was missing in the post for some unknown reason. So let me correct it:

"
Episode 3 is about pure power. Submit a build that trivialises our hardest content, so we can nerf it in the next patch, since it's obviously too much fun to play.

IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Last edited by Darkrox on Nov 13, 2013, 4:26:36 AM
Well if your looking for a build that completely trivializes end game content then I summit the build in this video:

http://www.twitch.tv/helmannn/b/478235142 10:20:41

perma freezing level 78 map bosses. If you don't consider this build game breaking and deserving a nerf like the perma stun build from back in the day then I just don't know what to say.

Luke: Sorry we have to leave you here, but it just ain't right to eat your wife's and daughter's brains. Plus you're really disgusting and I don't want to spend anymore time with you.
The "Immortal Explosion".

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/520404

Level 86, basically invincible. Almost 9k life, easy to cap resists, massive physical damage reduction, 13-second immortal call. The last boss I had any trouble with was 74 map Dominus, and I usually run 72 and lower with full MF gear. This build also really likes the new Kaom's (not quite as good as old, but the new stat is amazing) and even without a 6L does substantial damage. It also doesn't need Kaom's - if you swap out Kaom's for your average 4L endgame chestpiece, you get extra sockets to run things like CODT enfeeble/immortal call/etc. It's not even that affected by reflect. I blaze through most high-level maps, even with hard mods.

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecDxgSzBS0GDgn2EmkS4RQgFE0UcRZvFxwZLhmFGjgaVRpsG8gkqiWtJ-0o-ikuKaUt0jboNuk62D38QKBBqkMxSn1N2E4qUEdQUFRJVcZXDVhjWfNbr14TXz9gS2EhY_1ko2aeZ6BxeXKpdO1673y4fNmBb4M4hO-Hdox2jM-PRpBVkc6YrZ2unjyeuZ7Nnz6fy6IApwinMKeErKq2QbiTud277cAaxtjPZdDQ0iHUj9lh3Q3fv-Nq51Lr7uw47w7vfPIv8932SPrS_MX9Cw==
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Nov 13, 2013, 5:20:03 AM
this one
HeadSmashressBG
everything is in the thread
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/606841

and a video to proove that it is end-game viable
Shrine Map ( Level 77 )
http://www.twitch.tv/korgothbg/c/3266922
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 22, 2013, 7:52:53 AM
Bleric Currently lvl 74 Nemesis

I play a reave duelist built around attacking fast and having a large amount of block and endurance charges.

Current build:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAF4B3AHnBLEFLRLhFCAXPhjbGY4a2xutG_ohYCP2Jd8ppTGeMgk1kjboOJY64T3iQKBHfkjuSn1KyExgTeNOKlBHU99W-livWNtaSFuvYEthIWVNZ6BsRm5pbqpybHTtdPF4DXiueu-C5ITZhO-Hdojxiq-QCpARlWaZK5uDnrmfy6QZplenMKluq8WsWayvtfK3F7fTvYG-ir6nwA_STdN-18vdDedj7g7v8PJF9778xf4K_o8=

End game build
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAF4B3AHnBLEFLRLhFCAXPhjbGtsbrRv6IWAj9iXfKaUxnjIJNZI26DiWOuE94kCgR35I7kp9SshMYE3jTipQR1PfVvpYr1jbWkhbr2BLYSFlTWegbEZuaW6qcmx07XTxeA14rnrvguSE2YTvh3aI8YqvkAqQEZVmmSubg565n8ukGaZXpzCpbqvFrFmsr7Xytxe3072Bvoq-p8AP0k3TftfL3Q3nY-4O7_DyRfe-_MX-Cv6Pns3SIVcN-6qgtJHO2WEZLift892sqlnzwBqQVWae-tI26eNqcH2AVk99UWAZju2DCC4aMlW1

Gear
Spoiler

Bandits: Oak Oak Oak

The game play for the class is whirling from group to group use reave to aoe clear mobs, the claw has LOH for instant heal and Life leech in the passive, and a lvl 5 warlords mark, coupled with the attack speed is enough to survive. The high block(adventually max block) 6 Endurane charges, large aoe, and high armor from all of the shield defense nodes,makes for an extremely tanky character.
IGN: Bleric

8/8 Challenges Nemesis.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info