Build of the Week, Season 2 Episode 3 Build Submission Thread

"
Episode 3 is about pure power. Submit a build that trivialises our hardest content. We're looking for characters that dominate high-level Maps and use interesting combos to do so.

Nice try.
"
pneuma wrote:

O
M
G

Would love to see it in action. How is your clear speed compared to other standard builds like LA/FP/...?
♠RaGoN♦
I'm gonna nominate my Shredder as a potential nerf target.

It's a dual-wield physical damage build using Dual Strike & Melee Splash. I currently have over 10 attacks per second and can solo a majority of maps. The gear I have now is extremely expensive, but the build can work well with very cheap gear and get you into farming maps quickly. It's also very easy and quick to level up.

The Shredder is very durable, has high DPS output with top tier items and very, very few downsides. Not prone to desync, no high skill cap required or anything. I haven't gotten a single negative feedback about the build in the past few weeks, and a lot of my guildies seem to be enjoying it.

Here's the basic skill tree. It can easily be adapted to work for Duelist, Marauder, Scion or Ranger classes.

All required gems, skills, recommended items and skill tree builds for multiple classes: http://www.poepro.net/shredder/

Don't nerf my baby. Thanks.

(character is 89 Duelist, Hiuro)
Last edited by hilb on Nov 13, 2013, 11:06:23 AM
"
Chris wrote:

We're happy for builds to be overpowered and awesome.

And to stay mine that way, I rather not show them.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Nov 13, 2013, 9:45:00 AM
Power siphon cast on crit with double curse
DracoShooter: 81 ranger

With concepts stolen from the old wand characters and casters, this build utilizes many elements to cause safe, multiple hits. Each element of the build is good on it's own, but only works well when put together.

Main damage:
Power Siphon + Cast on crit + fireball + greater multiple projectiles (optional: freezing spear, freezing pulse, or other projectile spells that work with GMP)

Power siphon gives power charges even if the attack isn't the killing blow. Other builds use power charge on critical, but that's another slot and is only a chance to give a power charge. Let's do the math:

Crit chance: 70% and then 9% from critical weakness
Accuracy: ~85%, but with projectile weakness it should be 95%
Cast on crit chance: 62% (I only assume level 17 gems)

That's .79*.95*.95(have to hit twice to crit!)*.62 = 44% average for each hit to trigger cast on crit. Compare that to what it would be without curses: .7*.85*.85*.62=31%. Huge difference.

With 5 hits, you can get 2.2 casts per attack. Easy to get over 2 attacks per second, so that's over 4.4 casts per second. Much higher than you will get from casting directly.

Double curses:
This is very important to the build! The most important is the projectile weakness and it's important for ALL of it's aspects. It reduced the evasion of enemies, which makes your accuracy insanely high. It gives a chance to pierce, for even more hits from attacks and fireballs. More damage multiplier is always good. But the best one is the least used: knockback chance! With 4.4 casts per second that's 22 fireballs and 22 attacks hitting with 23% chance to knockback meaning 10 knockbacks per second. A 5L will make it 15 and 6L doubles it for 20 knockbacks per second. Nobody can reach you in maps!

Critical weakness is obvious. Its a huge help to get the initial power charges up and the more multiplier is huge, since the build gets over 400% spell crit damage.

Defense:
This build would fail hard without dealing with reflect. There are multiple methods used: max fire resist is obvious, but it also uses 30% spell dodge AND a leveled up artic armor. Because of GMP, the fireball hits aren't that big. The damage is because of the number of hits and not the size of the hits, which is why artic armor is crucial (level 10).

((250 damage hit * .5 GMP * 6 crit mult * .15 reflect) -43) *.7= 48.7

If you double curse into a huge group of elemental reflect, you will eventually kill yourself. But, even with only 2.5k life it will take an average of 51 reflected fireballs to kill you and that's assuming no reflect and no flask.
Level 73 Infernal Blow Staff Templar Reserved
IGN: aNti_Aurizel
Name: Eserah
Level: 84

Vaal Pact Blood Magic Cyclone Facebreaker - impossible, right?

Not really.

Build
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wSzEuEUIBRNFHEZLho4GlUabBv6JIslvCXfJ-0otSkuKU8qOC3SNug62DwFPQ89_ECgQapG10d-TdhQR1BQVElXDVhjXcZfP2BLYSFko2VNah5uaXKpdO1673y4fLt82X31gW-DOITZhO-MdozPj0aQVZHOmSudrp48nrmfPp_Ln9-iAKLqpBmnCKcwp4SoGKvFrKq1BLndvYG-p8APxPbG2MqQ0k3ZYd-_4urkIudS7DjvDu9O73zwH_Iv8932SPcy97746w==

Gear
Spoiler

Flesks
Spoiler

Originally just a heavy life leech cyclone facebreaker, the addition of the Carnage Heart has vastly improved this guy. His only weakness is being one-shotted but a mapper with only basic knowledge of the bosses will know what to avoid, and this can easily be remedied even then by higher life rolls, and the fact that over the last few levels he will be taking the Thick Skin and Purity of Flesh clusters.

Thus far I have seen nothing that can get past the obscene amounts of instant leech this guy can get for himself. There are bosses we used to fear (map caligula and torture chamber shock and horror being such cases of bosses that quickly got their comeuppance).

So how is it done? Basically, you cyclone a lot. The sixth link is entirely optional, but you're generally just going to increase your cyclone AoE with that one. The things linked to Cast on Damage Taken are a safety buffer and, though they don't work yet due to the nerf, I've found that they are entirely optional - I'm just going to be using them because I have those extra slots at this point.

The Hatred aura is set up to only reduce my health by 20%, for a hefty damage bonus. If you find yourself wanting to play safe, it's optional, though I highly recommend it for killspeed.

REGARDING THE INFERNAL BLOW SETUP IN THE HELMET: That's an alternative skill used often in areas where there's just too many different types of physical reflect damage coming in at once. It's a very instanced thing but there's nothing to put in there otherwise.
IGN Bow_Virginity_Broken
Last edited by isomeras on Nov 13, 2013, 3:54:52 PM
Next Generation Wander Build.
Character : HUNK_WANDS_IT
Using the ability of the Scion to get most of the new aura nodes and the Alphahowl unique, as well as the 125% Damage boost of Power siphon and the powerful elemental damage with wands nodes, my character reaches insane damage on a lmp chain powersiphon using Wrath and Anger, dominating endgame maps. In a party, especially with LA builds, the auras as well as conduit (frenzy is the single target skill) are incredibly useful.
Running Clarity on my HP and getting a few mana nodes solves the mana problem.
The only problem the build poses is its own strength. Elemental reflect pack can make you oneshot yourself.
I reached lvl 85 in Nemesis after 2 weeks of playing.
Serious Power without being a freeze pulse, LA or dual Spork.
Nice try GGG, but noone will risk submitting a fun and powerful build after you butchered CwDT.
IGN: Smegacore
"
Zaanus wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

We're happy for builds to be overpowered and awesome.

patch history says hi

Honestly, I'd feel like a fool submitting any powerful builds to this thread. If I had any. Which I no longer do because they've all been nerfed into the shitter and I barely long on to play solo end game any more.

Hey, remember in ~.92 when shock nova was awesome? That spell still hasn't recovered from being "overpowered and awesome".

+1
IGN: _Johnny_Blaze_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info