1.0.1 Patch Notes

Really bad move, remove the kneejerk nerf from the patch and rethink it. You took a fun gem that opened up alot of different builds and made some builds fun again and stomped on it to make a useless one.

How crap level gems cast at all the wrong times are going to somehow make this usable in late game maps is beyond me.
So many scrolls, so little time...
Well CoDT was fun while it lasted. Time to chuck it in with the Stun and Knockback supports.
IGN: Aux
"
sidtherat wrote:
pretty surprised that enfreble nerf got so little attention. while i advocated for it it is brutal and im surprised noone is crying yet

When 9/10 people insist that Temporal Chains is better than Enfeeble you can't expect much of a response.

That being said, it isn't much of a nerf.
Well about the CoDT, EC will still work very well.
"
Jamhax wrote:
can i still level my enduring cry to level 20?
will codt just cast it as if it was level 11?
do i need to scour all my gems?

GGG needs to answer this before i use a million scourings on my gems because of this stupid change
IGN: Leupacob, Cobberts
check out my shop--> http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/162312/page/1
Ok so the destruction of CoDT has destroyed my sweep witch build.

Nice to see you balancing the game around professional players/streamers. /sarcasm

Here is a little eye opener for you though. The majority of players don't have the wealth/gear to make this gem viable anymore.

What to do now?

Do I spend what limited wealth I have to reset my defensive gems to lvl 1 so I can even attempt to use this gem , or do I go back to spending half my time casting support skills before I can fight?
Effectively halfing my already pathetic dps and making the game feel very tedious.

I mean who wants to cast 3 x 1 second casts every few seconds just so you don't get 1 shotted by a boss?

Reduce the cast time on defensive gems already!!

One thing I will say, you will get no more donations from me.
I have spent probably £70 in the store in total which I was happy to do because your approach to the development of this game seemed refreshing compared to blizzard games which I have played since Diablo.

But it seems the nerf buff nerf buff virus is now running rampant at GGG as well.

The devil I know or the devil I don't?

Hmm diablo III expansion is actually looking like an alternative again.

Why nerf CWDT? It made molten shell viable and casting endurance charges less mind numbing. I don't see why you think it needed this much of a nerf. You do realize it's completely counter intuitive to level up still right? Why would I want to trigger something less often? Especially when that less often is something upwards of 1k dmg? Makes no sense whatsoever.

I mean did you think it was op because so many people use it? What about granite/jade flasks everyone uses those? What about blood magic gem everyone uses that? What about auras everyone uses those?

Did you think it was op because it automated some skills? Why would that be bad it just adds more variability to builds and besides there are totems in the game..

I would really like some clarification as to why you thought this nerf was necessary and why you changed it in this way and not the countless other ways that were suggested.
It is very interesting that such huge sweeping changes are happening right after the release of the game.

Should have just kept PoE in beta if the testing and implementing of gigantic changes like the CWDT and Purity nerf were just going to be handled like PoE is in beta.

Not trying to be a negative nancy because I love GGG as a company, but I think that they can do much better Q&C than this.

THIS IS NOT BETA ANYMORE TEST THINGS MORE THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU RELEASE THEM THANK YOU
Although it's a significant nerf to CoDT, it was needed and it doesn't make the gem useless. Previously there was no need to think, obviously you'd run it. Now one will have to consider what level is best, whether to run it at all, so on. I was actually expecting it to become "chance to cast" like several of the other gems, and would much rather have this. If you want enduring cry and molten shell and a curse, it's still possible, just not quite as strong as before. Same with all the other lvl 1 uses I know of. Immortal call isn't nerfed much at all since you'd already have a much higher level gem.

No idea how any of this kills solo runs... I doubt I'll notice a huge difference on any run I do.
IGN: Victario
Last edited by celeritas on Nov 12, 2013, 12:17:41 PM
Dont really like the purity change again.

Cast on damage change was expected, but it sucks because all my gems are leveled and I dont have enough scourings.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info