How do YOU define "pay to win"?

P2W to me is items being sold in store say like Super ownage Axe +99 to destruction lol. Power ups like say 10% int boost for 1 hour.

Xp scrolls no. I think personally people say it's P2W with say a xp scroll but it's not. Say they added this in after a month or two after someone hits level 100 in the normal game. The xp scrolls will just be for someone that's inpatient or does not have really anytime to play. I think looking down on something like a xp scroll is more of a jealousy thing then a P2W issue.

I don't care if you level to 100 in say a month vs me doing it in 3 months because i didnt not buy into xp scrolls (aslong as they do not pull one of those things like in some games where they make the levels insanely far apart xp wise so you almost feel forced to buy xp scrolls). If anything I see the person doing this in other f2p's i've played and I think that's cool this guy is putting some cash down to support something he likes and get something in return.
As long as it's not allowed in tourneys etc then who cares.

Cosmetics are not P2W of course, extra storage bag space nope just luxury.

One thing I always thought was funny people got mad about. "mystery boxes" like the in game lotto you can say buy for a buck a piece and take the chance of getting a rare verison of a pet only found in the boxes, or a rare say sword skin that makes it look super awesome. It's a lotto for something that is not going to change someone's "power" in anyway just looks and will be almost one of a kind for the lucky guy that managed to get one. If you don't like to gamble or have a gambling problem then yeah stay away from the boxes simple as that. I will buy one of these "mystery boxes" once in a while like say I put some cash into my account buy something I want and have say a $1.50 left over and they have a mystery boxes. I'll usually buy one and see if i get lucky lol and I buy it with a lotto ticket mind set. MOST LIKELY I WILL NOT WIN ANYTHING GOOD, but you also can't win one if you don't buy lol.

Now I'm not saying I want xp scrolls etc in game just giving some examples.

So anyway in short. P2W is buying gear, power-ups (int for an hour etc). To me it's not xp scrolls that's P2HMT (have more time less spend in game). Or cosmetics of course.
Or stuff like bag space that P2L (luxury).
Phenom 2 955 Quad Oc'ed 4.2 Ghz - Biostar A780L3G 760G
2 x 2gb Adata Gamer DDR3 1333 - GTX480 EVGA Undervolted & Oc'ed
SeaSonic S12II Bronze 620W - OCZ Vertex 2 55gb/OCZ Agility2 120gb/500gb WD Green
Until I know what they're putting in the shop, I've been holding off on purchasing this game. It looks great, but I dislike most "free-to-play" models. I'll check back soon.
IGN: DavidJerk
"How do YOU define"

Sorry to tell you, but the definition of a term is not subjective. P2W is buying any kind of advantage, that means XP boosts too, buying a large time advantage is just as P2W as buying gear.
i am a bit disappointed, the day before OB, that they haven't made any kind of official announcement on what's going in the shop, and what it's going to cost.
If something's not right, it's wrong
"
kagatoth wrote:
i am a bit disappointed, the day before OB, that they haven't made any kind of official announcement on what's going in the shop, and what it's going to cost.

This is why I did supporter pack and signed up for the gold package for 6 month payments lol. If the store is ok things go ok I'll pay it off long long before the 6 months.

I think they will be just fine but there's always that small chance :).
Phenom 2 955 Quad Oc'ed 4.2 Ghz - Biostar A780L3G 760G
2 x 2gb Adata Gamer DDR3 1333 - GTX480 EVGA Undervolted & Oc'ed
SeaSonic S12II Bronze 620W - OCZ Vertex 2 55gb/OCZ Agility2 120gb/500gb WD Green
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"How do YOU define"

Sorry to tell you, but the definition of a term is not subjective. P2W is buying any kind of advantage, that means XP boosts too, buying a large time advantage is just as P2W as buying gear.

This. Idm things in shop at the moment, I think that kind of stuff is pretty cool :)
I find it fascinating that GGG believes a barter based economy will prevent people from paying real money for items.
Items are worth real money because people feel they are worth real money.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info