Unofficial Summary of Kripp's Interview with Chris (15 Dec 2012)

Kripp is so overrated.

He claims to be a hardcore gamer but avoids PvP like the plague, he exploits his way to fame by doing things like corpse hopping to Diablo for world first kill and then gets banned from GW2 like 5 times.

He puts a rotten stain on gaming IMO.
Last edited by Conduitx on Dec 18, 2012, 12:12:08 AM
"
Conduitx wrote:
Kripp is so overrated.

He claims to be a hardcore gamer but avoids PvP like the plague, he exploits his way to fame by doing things like corpse hopping to Diablo for world first kill and then gets banned from GW2 like 5 times.

haters gonna hate
"
Inz wrote:
"
Conduitx wrote:
Kripp is so overrated.

haters gonna hate

To each his own. I'm just sick of seeing his fanboys spamming the forums with this stuff.
Last edited by Conduitx on Dec 18, 2012, 2:12:26 AM
"
Conduitx wrote:
"
Inz wrote:
"
Conduitx wrote:
Kripp is so overrated.

haters gonna hate

To each his own. I'm just sick of seeing his fanboys spamming the forums with this stuff.

Why do you complain in the forums bout him? ...
Thanks for the 'transcription'. It was a real time saver!
"
SeraphOfDoom wrote:
"
Torin wrote:
"
SeraphOfDoom wrote:
"visible damage numbers: it cloggs up the game, and you can see it from HP bar, dont want it"

Who does not want it, Kripp or Chris?
I think it´s one of the most standart Hack´n´Slay features, and I love all the numbers flying around. It could be an optional feature, but it´s one of the key features for the feeling that i´am in a Hack´n´Slay game at the moment, for me. And it´s also interesting to see if its a crit, parry, evade or whatever. And for me the more clogg the better, more numbers are allways better, even if I get lost in loving all those numbers, I want them. Also there are serveral options possible to stop the clooging, like: only show player/mob dmg, only crits, only mishits, or whatever. Or integrate that feature in the microtransactions, I would definitly pay for it.^^

Mfg Seraph

No it is not a standard H&S feature, it is standard MMORPG feature. And we don't like it here :)

It is a standart feature since good old turn based dungeon-crawler times. And tell me pls how am I able to do my empiristics without it? I´am able to theorycraft a lot, but thats only one half of the preparation, I want to be able to test my theory in numbers. I don´t get where an optional feature of a mechanic which is allready in game, even it is not shown to us, would hurt anyone.

i think having the option is ok (not for me, i wouldn't want to see it clog the screen) but i also think a more viable and less clogging option would be to have a combat log for the chat window that u could switch to if you wanted to see the numbers that u do. plus i think it would cost less for GGG without having the need for number animation.
"
Conduitx wrote:
Kripp is so overrated.

Now I'm interested, how does corpse hopping in Hardcore-mode work?
And on another note: How would you define a "hardcore gamer"? He puts in enough time and thoughts in the games he plays that I would attribute him that title. Can't see what this has to do with playing PvP or not.

@numbers popping up: For me numbers are connected to MMOs, not to ARPGs. Can't remember having seen those numbers in D1 or D2...D3 had them, says enough. ;)
However, if numbers were implemented with an option to turn them off, both sides would be happy.
So how much will summoning undead change in the future? I love being a summoner, and I'll be a bit sad if summons are nothing more than absolute cannon fodder like in D3 on harder difficulties.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Dec 18, 2012, 4:34:09 PM
"
mrpetrov wrote:

- general Act 4: Chris and the dev team continue to debate whether Act 4 (if and when it comes) should conceptually run after Act 3 in terms of level and gear progression, or, instead, "in parallel" with Act 3 - so as to not obviate the progress made by people and gear accumulated from Act 3. Chris appears to generally dislike when expansions make the preceding content redundant.

YESSS

No power creep! When act4 comes just scale down previous acts for a 1-3 levels and it should work fine. Power creep is quite bad. Though in this instance - if game is totally free and you never need to buy something more cause of the 'creep - it might be fine.
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:

@numbers popping up: For me numbers are connected to MMOs, not to ARPGs. Can't remember having seen those numbers in D1 or D2...D3 had them, says enough. ;)
However, if numbers were implemented with an option to turn them off, both sides would be happy.

I personally love numbers, I see my progression in them. Also agree that numbers should be added with an option to turn them off. (Should be off by default)
If the option is gonna be in the microtransaction store, I'll definitely buy it.
IGN: Winxie
Last edited by enceos on Dec 19, 2012, 1:57:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info