Unofficial Summary of Kripp's Interview with Chris (15 Dec 2012)

"visible damage numbers: it cloggs up the game, and you can see it from HP bar, dont want it"

Who does not want it, Kripp or Chris?
I think it´s one of the most standart Hack´n´Slay features, and I love all the numbers flying around. It could be an optional feature, but it´s one of the key features for the feeling that i´am in a Hack´n´Slay game at the moment, for me. And it´s also interesting to see if its a crit, parry, evade or whatever. And for me the more clogg the better, more numbers are allways better, even if I get lost in loving all those numbers, I want them. Also there are serveral options possible to stop the clooging, like: only show player/mob dmg, only crits, only mishits, or whatever. Or integrate that feature in the microtransactions, I would definitly pay for it.^^

Mfg Seraph
"
SeraphOfDoom wrote:
"visible damage numbers: it cloggs up the game, and you can see it from HP bar, dont want it"

I think it´s one of the most standart Hack´n´Slay features, and I love all the numbers flying around. It could be an optional feature, but it´s one of the key features for the feeling that i´am in a Hack´n´Slay game at the moment, for me. And it´s also interesting to see if its a crit, parry, evade or whatever. And for me the more clogg the better, more numbers are allways better, even if I get lost in loving all those numbers, I want them. Also there are serveral options possible to stop the clooging, like: only show player/mob dmg, only crits, only mishits, or whatever. Or integrate that feature in the microtransactions, I would definitly pay for it.^^

Mfg Seraph

how is having a bunch of ugly damage numbers pop up even satisfying.. maybe people like it in games like torchlight, but this is a dark gritty rpg and i think a lot of people would rather see good graphics (animations and gore) rather than getting lost under number spam, when i am in combat i can feel my attacks connect. I don't need numbers to tell me how much damage i am doing or if i missed or critical.. i would hope if they did add it to only be a micro transaction.
"
Rnew1990 wrote:
"
SeraphOfDoom wrote:

Mfg Seraph

how is having a bunch of ugly damage numbers pop up even satisfying.. maybe people like it in games like torchlight, but this is a dark gritty rpg and i think a lot of people would rather see good graphics (animations and gore) rather than getting lost under number spam, when i am in combat i can feel my attacks connect. I don't need numbers to tell me how much damage i am doing or if i missed or critical.. i would hope if they did add it to only be a micro transaction.

What a silly comment. Just because you dont want it, it should be a microtransaction or not at all? And whats the comment "in games like torchlight" have to do with anything? Here is alittle hint on why numbers would be a good thing. You can see the numbers then you can do "gasp" REAL math and know more about the inner workings of the game and min/max better.

I dont care if they add numbers or not. But posts like that one are just dumb. They offer nothing more than "I dont like it so its a dumb idea" without thinking about the other side of it.
Thanks a lot mrpetrov !
Amazing transcript
IGN: Megawipe
"
Rnew1990 wrote:

I´am the kind of person who would also buy an evil sound for cash each time I score "666" Dmg. Or a sever Message for scoring the first 20 Fibonacci Numbers in a row. Numbers are not ugly, some fonts are, thats right, but thats nothing different for me than the NPC dialogs. There are Fonts which underline a mythstical, dark or evil setting a lot.

And as I said, I do not want to force others, I would be perfectly fine with an on/off button.

And dont get me wrong, I love the game, but when I first tried it, the very first disapoinment in the very first minute were the non-existing numbers.

And beyond my broken aesthetics which include this fetish for numbers, it´s important for me to analyse my character, not only via theory-crafting but also with lots of efford in empiristics (therefore I need Dmg-Numbers, a Combat log or whatever). I´am never just playing a game, my key-motivation is mathmatic and perfection in a game.

ps. thx xenogias and signed^^
Last edited by SeraphOfDoom on Dec 17, 2012, 8:27:48 AM
I wish he would have asked if we're going to get a cosmetics preview before OB ><
"
SeraphOfDoom wrote:

Mfg Seraph

No it is not a standard H&S feature, it is standard MMORPG feature. And we don't like it here :)

aoe for shadow classes (claw/dagger): chris wants more aoe support and skill gems that make single target skills into aoe (eg a melee aoe support gem for splash damage). hopefully in next 6 months (eg claw aoe)

What was that... some love for the shadow char :D

YES PLEASE
"
Torin wrote:
"
SeraphOfDoom wrote:

Mfg Seraph

No it is not a standard H&S feature, it is standard MMORPG feature. And we don't like it here :)

It is a standart feature since good old turn based dungeon-crawler times. And tell me pls how am I able to do my empiristics without it? I´am able to theorycraft a lot, but thats only one half of the preparation, I want to be able to test my theory in numbers. I don´t get where an optional feature of a mechanic which is allready in game, even it is not shown to us, would hurt anyone.
loved the interview!
IGN camkhaos

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info