CoralRing v1.23 - extended window control

"
Rerdan wrote:
I'm not sure this is what you guys are looking for, but have you tried using a program called ShiftWindow?

ShiftWindow is more irritating to run every single time you want to resize something instead of a simple launcher tool or AHK script.

Personally, I just want to have a borderless 1920x1080 game window, as I use a 1920x1200 monitor and the increase to 16:10 lowers the FoV. I have yet to find out how to create a script with AHK that does such a thing, so I'm forced to stretch out the window as much as I can (to near 1080p), and keep it centered on my monitor.

This program does that; and I'd like to know how via AHK. :(

Edit: Well, this is quite late. I've been using this script for quite a long time now:

"

^+a::
WinGet, TempWindowID, ID, A
If (WindowID != TempWindowID)
{
WindowID:=TempWindowID
WindowState:=0
}
If (WindowState != 1)
{
WinGetPos, WinPosX, WinPosY, WindowWidth, WindowHeight, ahk_id %WindowID%
WinSet, Style, -0xC40000, ahk_id %WindowID%
WinMove, ahk_id %WindowID%, , 0, 40, 1920, 1080
}
Else
{
WinSet, Style, ^0xC40000, ahk_id %WindowID%
WinMove, ahk_id %WindowID%, , WinPosX, WinPosY, WindowWidth, WindowHeight
}
WindowState:=!WindowState
return

Designed for monitors that are 1920x1200. To use on a 1080p monitor you have to change the 40 in the code to .

Hotkey is Ctrl+Shift+A.

This centers the game on the screen and removes the window border.

Pressing the hotkey again will restore the previous window state.

Now to find a way to constrain the mouse cursor to the window..
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
Last edited by DAOWAce on Feb 10, 2014, 1:49:11 AM
"
DAOWAce wrote:
"
Rerdan wrote:
I'm not sure this is what you guys are looking for, but have you tried using a program called ShiftWindow?

ShiftWindow is more irritating to run every single time you want to resize something instead of a simple launcher tool or AHK script.

Forgive my ignorance as I do not know what AHK is.

But just wanted to add that, though irritating, if it saves a possible ban (according to Chris) I'd say it's worth it for you guys (for the time being!).
Last edited by Rerdan on Jan 28, 2013, 11:43:29 PM
http://www.autohotkey.com

The most popular hotkey scripting tool.
"
Nituvious wrote:
The risk of banning has me worried, though. As I use this program everytime I play since the only viable option for me to play the game is in window mode(issues with resizing on my system end in certain death for my characters!).

First thing first, as a fellow programmer, I'd like to let you know it's highly unorthodox to do what you did and release a program like this on the game's forums without source code or even a virus scan. Most sites I know of would have banned you for it right away, no questions asked.

With that said, Chris said what he has to. I'm not attempting to diminish what was said, so you should stop using your program, but I will respond to your specific methods and what I would do if I were GGG and wanted to disallow such a thing. We can leave it at "I am very well versed in the domain". ;)

Based on your first post, the screenshot, and the Readme, this is what I could do:

* "Set Custom Resolution" - Undetectable - As long as you are using Win32 APIs to resize the window, this cannot be disallowed or detected, as it's a native feature of the client. In order to prevent this, I would have to use something like GameGuard / HackShield / XTrap, which attempts to hide the process from Windows using a custom driver, preventing external Win32 API calls (in usermode) working at all.

* "Borderless" / "Hide Titlebar" / "Always on top" - Detectable - All I'd have to do is call GetWindowLong with GWL_STYLE/GWL_EXSTYLE and check the current window settings compared to what I had set them to.

* "Launch Game" - Undetectable - I cannot disallow people from starting a program a particular way, especially when it's specifically required to overcome some client deficiencies (-gc, -ns, etc...). The client is the launcher, which is the downside to that approach. To make this a lot harder though, launching the client through a web based ActiveX control does the job, but is a fundamentally different architecture.

* The program itself - Detectable - I could always enumerate all Desktop windows and check titles / class. Likewise, I could enumerate all processes running on the PC and hash the EXE header of the file. If it matches a blacklisted program's hash, banned. Since it's a public tool as well, it's all the easier for me.

As you can see, the only features that really matter, also happen to be the ones easily detected. It doesn't matter how you do it though, AHK/AutoIT/custom, in the end, the results are the exact same and equally so detectable. This means you shouldn't look for other ways to do it really, which answers Rerdan's question.

Your best bet is to try and get people to petition for certain features being added to the game client and hope GGG does it in a reasonable amount of time if they so choose. Understand they are pretty busy and probably can't just add every little thing. On the plus side, hearing the magic words Chris spoke is always encouraging, as you typically don't hear them, ever.

"
I would like to investigate folding some of these features into the real client to be actively supported, if players want them.
EDIT: DOUBLE POST SORRY (was lagging)
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jan 30, 2013, 10:41:08 AM
"
drew_benton wrote:
The risk of banning has me worried, though. As I use this program everytime I play since the only viable option for me to play the game is in window mode(issues with resizing on my system end in certain death for my characters!).

I'm pretty sure the GGG staff probably scanned the program/etc before letting this topic run free.. do you not think? :D
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jan 30, 2013, 10:41:36 AM
If anyone still uses this; or wants to use it but doesn't want to run the program, I added an AHK script to my earlier post: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/60101/page/4/#p925126

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info