CoralRing v1.23 - extended window control

[edit] rewriting the program with more features.
Last edited by Nituvious on Jan 26, 2013, 12:15:21 AM
Hello everyone,

Now with open beta, I thought it would be a good idea to bump this thread. I'm currently in the process of rewriting the tool with some pretty cool things in mind.
The 1.23 version is still available to any interested in using it.
You rock!
Although we are not currently banning on purpose for use of this program (I do think it's quite cool), it's worth noting that it may be detected as a clientside modification so I unfortunately have to recommend not using it. We can't allow any form of clientside modification because it's possible for people to sneak in small extra features like maphacks and other things that gain incremental advantage from information that may be available to the client early for lag reasons.

I would like to investigate folding some of these features into the real client to be actively supported, if players want them.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
Although we are not currently banning on purpose for use of this program (I do think it's quite cool), it's worth noting that it may be detected as a clientside modification so I unfortunately have to recommend not using it. We can't allow any form of clientside modification because it's possible for people to sneak in small extra features like maphacks and other things that gain incremental advantage from information that may be available to the client early for lag reasons.

I would like to investigate folding some of these features into the real client to be actively supported, if players want them.

Yes please. I play windowed mode and the window re-sizing is a major pain. I have died many times to it from one rouge mouse click...
Good stuff Nituvious!

"
Chris wrote:
if players want them.

Wanted: Border-less (or custom border color like stash tabs), hide title bar, always on top, and locked resolution.
"
Hectares wrote:
Good stuff Nituvious!

"
Chris wrote:
if players want them.

Wanted: Border-less (or custom border color like stash tabs), hide title bar, always on top, and locked resolution.

Second this.
"
Chris wrote:

While you're looking into that, could you also look into restricting the aspect ratios so as not to give excessive horizontal vision to those who run 30:1-like aspect ratios to reveal the map? Provides an advantage in races and PvP.

---

Also, I wouldn't recommend that anyone use this program. No offence meant to Nituvious, but there's too much potential for nasty surprises (keyloggers, trojans, ...) hidden in an executable. Maybe it's clean now and always will be, but a future update after many people start using and feel comfortable with it could change that. The cool features aren't worth the risk - better to wait for the client to support them.
Last edited by Durentis on Jan 28, 2013, 1:00:06 AM
"
Chris wrote:

I understand.
The program itself makes a couple Windows API calls to change the window appearance, it uses no form of dll injection or memory modification. I had plans of open sourcing the application, I suppose I could that now if it would change any speculation.
The risk of banning has me worried, though. As I use this program everytime I play since the only viable option for me to play the game is in window mode(issues with resizing on my system end in certain death for my characters!).
I'm not sure this is what you guys are looking for, but have you tried using a program called ShiftWindow?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info