CoralRing v1.23 - extended window control

Hello everyone!
I bring you a very simple program that I wrote last night to give myself extended control over the window screen. It's only useful if you play in windowed mode.

I wrote this tool to get rid of the annoying accidental window resize / move by clicking outside of the window, exactly on the edge or even on the title bar itself. This usually resulted in some stalling or lagging for a few seconds or few minutes. Which got my hardcore templar brutally murdered last night! :)

This tool was named after the in game Coral Ring for the life giving... life mod!

CoralRing can now act as a launcher, instead of having to open two different files you can launch Path of Exile directly with CoralRing.

Anyway, here it is available to anyone interested:
Download CoralRing 1.23

Screenshot:

[edit] please let me know if you run into any bugs or if you have any suggestions.
Last edited by Nituvious on Dec 16, 2012, 12:52:48 PM
Haha, nice. I'll have to check it out when I get home. I play Windowed due to having multiple monitors and this has been a huge issue for me on more than one occasion.
Nice, I'm buying a bigger widescreen tomorrow but I'm going to play in fullscreen windowed and see if I can spike up the resolution so I wont ever really need to click on the edge.

My apm is on crack so I normally click thousands of times close to the center of the screen. But i'll definitely check this out for kiting.
This looks interesting!

Any users so far want to post up some feedback?

-- Providing opinions since I was old enough to tell my sister she was ugly.
There seems to be a slight bug with window composition if you choose borderless. The mouse offset is slightly off and can be noticed when trying to mouse over linked items. I'll fix this in the next version, but for now you can choose 'Remove Titlebar' and apply. Then choose 'Borderless' and apply.

Next version will also contain a hotkey to remove 'always on top' without minimizing the window to find the program again.
Awesome, as a person who uses two monitors I love to play games in a Borderless Window. Thanks for making that possible.
I think I love you.

Like Elynole I play on multiple screens, but not always using Eyefinity so when I have it windowed the dreaded window-drag-death has gotten me a number of times.

Good man!
Personally I just click the Maximize button and have zero issues with resizing or accidental movement.
"
0nin wrote:
Personally I just click the Maximize button and have zero issues with resizing or accidental movement.

Maximize doesn't work for me because of having three monitors (on the occasions I don't want to play extra widescreen).
I've updated the first post with a new version that provides bug fixes and new features.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info