Doors and paysafecard update

I love doors
"
atrocity666 wrote:

Im an aestethic whore too :P i just love those things!
Add those costumes NAO!

yes! Someone who agrees with me! <3!

My Kiwi's name is Fluffy.
It eats souls and small children.
Don't fuck with Fluffy.
It's unsettling how happy I am about the addition of doors. Think I better lay down for a bit.
"A tool knows exactly how it is meant to be handled, while the user of the tool can only have an approximate idea." -Milan Kundera
Mmmmmmmmmm... doors!
Trespassers will be shot survivors will be shot again!
(Deleted Spam and useless statement)
I like it! One question though. Will the mobs be able to open them too? I'd think it would be cool if certain mobs could. Like the human mobs. Just saying that because I don't think crabs can open doors. I think it would add a lot if mobs could open doors so that more mobs could come in.
The Sexiest of Peppers!
You should make open / closing doors using keys that can be retained in the directory.
Some doors requiring different keys than others.
Certain monster types, being able to re-open a door, but with a delay and only of they hear you running somewhere close to the door.
Also add skill "keysmith" or something, with characters using it, being able to open certain kind of doors, per skill level.
Marauders able to add different skill, to enable them to simply smash certain door types or hold against them,so mobs don't reopen them (will be useful in group).
Only PoE devs could make talking about doors so interesting! A few ideas:

- What about doors which once you go through them something about the map your doing changes (Alice in Wonderland style going through the looking glass). Could have some ideas from end-game maps here, or new stuff altogether.

- Doors made me think of walls in Magic the Gathering. What if doors were not always dead and that they actually need to be broken down (/killed) in order to pass through? You could have summoner walls, elemental walls, walls that trap you and squeeze like a python or web you, slowing you while setting off a call for spiders to crawl into the room.

- Combining the above two...what if doors were part of the lore a bit. Superstitions of Wraeclast that when you walk through them you don't know what can happen. It could be risky it could be lucky. You are essentially cursed/buffed when you walk through a door (like a shrine).

None of these would have to apply to every door. You could apply the same white (no mods), magic, rare schema to doors - maybe even some uniques!

Doors could lead to side quests...that don't result in regret orbs.

For future discussion: trap doors and stair cases.
Last edited by Hectares on Dec 12, 2012, 3:54:25 PM
Yay, doors! Seriously, though, it adds a nice touch.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
I haven't seem magic, talking / mob doors since a 1987 text adventure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info