Dec 16: 3h Turbo Solo HC

Decent race overall. 10% movement boots at the starting vendor, adrenaline flask from hailrake quest, 15% movement boots from monkeys at the start of a2 and multiple useful curse gem drops at western, but otherwise i was geared in one blue (those boots) and all whites when i reached merveil. Still in half whites with 30 mins to go, though plentiful scrolls let me hit up the vendor for a couple decent items to make up for the total lack of useable gear drops.

Brutus was a horrible desync bomb as usual, took about 5 mins and 2-3 portals. Merveil also took around 5 mins and 2-3 portals due to poor gear and barely over 50 cold res.

Desync was god awful this race, probably the worst its been in months- took a ton of ghost rhoa charges in flats that caused a bail, then the same with squids in upper that caused another bail. Also ended up below 50% life more times than i could count when there were no emenies nearby or none of them in range and/or actually attacking, and flasks were so bad i sometimes had to hit them 4-5 times in combat to make them work. It often took 3-4 clicks to open a chest or pick up items as well. Thankfully i had just zoned from town to the cavern waypoint when the global disconnect occured, so i was spared the large time/item losses that others suffered.

All those desyncs and bails combined with the subpar gear put me pretty far behind- think i didnt make it to act 2 until the 1:15 mark- so i just rushed straight to western and did some fairly greedy grinding to catch up. The original plan was to reach waterfall but with the state of the servers stability and my sorry gear, theres no way id have gone through with it even if i had made it to a2 on time.

1st place shadow, 6th overall and level 27 in the end.

GG all, see you next race!
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Dec 15, 2012, 10:38:17 PM
Recording of my race, #1 overall: http://www.twitch.tv/pairdime/b/348322077

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAGS4hAiFVJ-0q9jH7OQ5QUFHmVElYY18_ah5yqXuMfNmMz6gYqXOsqrndxtjUj9w951LvDvIv8932SA==

Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Anyone surprised at how fast grindis was leveling?
IGN @dime
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
esync was god awful this race, probably the worst its been in months- took a ton of ghost rhoa charges in flats that caused a bail, then the same with squids in upper that caused another bail. Also ended up below 50% life more times than i could count when there were no emenies nearby or none of them in range and/or actually attacking, and flasks were so bad i sometimes had to hit them 4-5 times in combat to make them work. It often took 3-4 clicks to open a chest or pick up items as well. Thankfully i had just zoned from town to the cavern waypoint when the global disconnect occured, so i was spared the large time/item losses that others suffered.

Going to qoute that because it was a lot of the same for me. I have never alt4 since i started playing but today in this race i had to do it twice because of desync and did not want to die when it couldn't be helped.

I died 3 times, then finally my 5th character made it to level 11. I had the worst luck with looting any gear or orbs. Died twice to lag, desync the second char, to the poison Rhoa in the mud flats, that bastard is horrible when it is not on the screen then you are poisoned losing life and stunned because he just ran you down then finishes you off as an invisible mob. That was interesting.

I am very proud that i made it to the end of the race this time, even though it took the first hour to survive. I managed to kill the fire fury (who killed me last time on turbo), necromancer, the poison rhoa and the deep dweller. So all in all, i've spent a lot of time dying in these races but seem to be improving a little, despite the lag and de sync.

Was EXTREMELY disappointed in the prizes. 2 Armourer's scraps, 2 orb of augmentation and 1 orb of chance.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Might be first post with no desync complaints!! no offence but some areas are more dangerous if desyncing and you can almost prevent all of them.

Anyway did my normal getting as far as possible run but could not progress further than waterfall cave level 1 since my weapons was really crappy otherwise I would have gone for cruel.

Had a blast as usual : )

Spoiler

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Got 124 currency orbs among exalteds and a lot of chaos/alcs and no headache from western farming

See you guys at the 1 hour solo HC
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
After looking through the exp charts and stuff it seems my act 1 speed is still trash. I thought I did brutus decently this time but every other player seems to kill him way faster than me. From 32 minutes to 44 minutes I gained 0 exp....... So something like 10 minutes to kill him..
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
"
Might be first post with no desync complaints!! no offence but some areas are more dangerous if desyncing and you can almost prevent all of them.

If you have your fingers on alt F4 in dangerous area's (Fidelitas) :)
Stupid HDD failed at Dark Forest and nothing responded, so I had to reinstall windows.

It still seems strange that the character died even only an ink spinner was on the frozen screen. I highly doubt it that the character died within 6 seconds after the freeze.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info