Dec 13: 4h Party HC

Whew!! Made 5th place shadow solo. I would like to have a dedicated team to race with for future group races though. If anyone is interested in forming a group and getting in some practice runs before open beta feel free to msg me and we'll get together. Was great fun as always. These races are about the best thing in gaming for me right now. Thanks GGG!!
social noob
Grats on 1st place Kotao.
Cheers to Grindis/Morsexier/Victo for the solid 'do it live' group :D

Items if anyone interested, nothing special:
Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

GG all, was a brutal race, props to those who stuck around till the finish!
"Tangata ako ana i te whare, te turanga ki te marae, tau ana"
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Spoiler
51st, 5th witch @ L25, solo. Very slow start. Died early - trapped between 2 of Merveils daughters in Upper Submerged Passage with a pair of MS boots from the vendor. Re-rolled and things went slowly at first. Wasn't until I was in Act 2 that I was able to start efficiently killing mobs, up till then was having to run away, heal and regroup. Need to rethink my build. No good drops, got MS boots in early Act 2, a rare Spirit Shield with meh stats on it, everything else was blue or white. Did get a decoy totem drop which helped a lot with the bears in Waterfall Cave.

4 hours seems too long. For me 3 hits the sweet spot.
Last edited by Falan2 on Dec 12, 2012, 8:20:25 PM
Good job all, and grats to the winners!

I went solo and am very happy with 65th overall the first time I play beyond the first forest in act 2. Wanna thank the guy/gal who told me how to get past the Tree Roots without calling me a nabcake (although those that did were well within their rights I guess :p). Was running around in Rivers Crossing for almost an hour looking for stuff to open the damn thing. Got in with 3 minutes left on the clock and almost died to some casters in there. :o

Gonna try to go through at least the whole first difficulty once before attempting any more races now I think. xD
Ran with a full 6p party for this race. Much less desync than solo for me, but i could see the melee characters experiencing it from time to time, and the monsters teleported as often as ever. Flasks were somewhat more reliable, likely due to so little incoming damage/attacks. Gear drops were excellent; had 1.5k life with strong dps and decent resists at the 2.5 hour mark. Bosses all went down without issue. I found it a bit humorous that our witch, whos internet blacked out for 30 mins, still made top 6 and 1st in class. We also completed cruel cave clear with less than 1 minute to go.

Was fun overall, though 4h hours is pushing the limit for how long id want continuous race to run. Itd be nice to try having 2-3 one hour turbo solo races in the same timeframe at some point. The games also much easier with a party, and im not just referring to teamwork etc. Needs to be more monsters, more boss abilities or something to make up for the huge division of incoming aggro/damage.

Party took 6x 1st in class and 6x top spots in the end- quite the successful run!

GG all, see you next race!
IGN: KoTao
"
TommiHelm wrote:

Gonna try to go through at least the whole first difficulty once before attempting any more races now I think. xD

Practice makes perfect.
But seriously, good on ya for attempting the race, even if you didn't know how to open the roots.
Grab yourself a beer mate, cheers to you.
"Tangata ako ana i te whare, te turanga ki te marae, tau ana"
Fun race today, made it to 7th Dualist playing solo all the way. 4 hour race feels to long though i like them to be 2-3h max.

GG to all of you who managed to keep up focus until the end. ;)

Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Last edited by Hampan on Dec 12, 2012, 8:45:26 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Sigh I need better party members, supposed party of 5 started as 4.
1 player dies was Amarissa catches up and dies at cruel ledge later.

Then another member does the impossible and takes 3 vaal lasers straight instead of avoiding them.

And 1 member manages to make it 1h too late and then goes afk in act2.

Only in the end we couldn't decide what to do.
Our ranger did cruel ledge while I progressed in prisoners gate.

Most time lost imo: Chamber of Sins level 3 with a special swastikachest(had to check the entire map)

Still first in Vaal ruins but we lost time because our party was too small to get all tasks done so we have enough time to level, else we would have ended in fellshrine/western Forest cruel.

I am hoping for many cut throat runs then Brutus and ledge will become extremly difficult for the usual suspects.
Last edited by Hilbert on Dec 12, 2012, 8:37:26 PM
"
KoTao wrote:
The games also much easier with a party, and im not just referring to teamwork etc. Needs to be more monsters, more boss abilities or something to make up for the huge division of incoming aggro/damage.

Read that a lot the last days. I also consider partying to be way too easy at the moment, in general. But that "problem" is present in every single ARPG i know...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info