Dec 13: 4h Party HC

That felt like forever. Finished 5th witch, 44th overall, solo, didn't think I'd do that well. I stopped an ate dinner when I got into act 2, and took a few other 5 min breaks here and there. Had some bad desync's today, some I dont really know how I managed to survived.

Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Prizes have been awarded! They're on new characters on your accounts as usual.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Rank #2 Duelist here, #16 overall.

My biggest mistake that stopped me from getting even close to getting #1 (who had about double exp. compared to me) was not getting cleave in the beginning. D:

Still, a lot better than yesterday. This is only my second race ever. Tomorrow I start my first ever turbo league :3

And for anyone wondering, my items:

Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
IGN: VaginaMonologues
Last edited by VorcePA on Dec 12, 2012, 8:57:30 PM
"
The games also much easier with a party, and im not just referring to teamwork etc. Needs to be more monsters, more boss abilities or something to make up for the huge division of incoming aggro/damage.

Indeed, I ran with the group of skilled players a week or two ago in a party race and it was just amazingly different. Granted thats in large part because I pretty much just farmed the whole time while one or two ran ahead to clear into boss's and then the group push together to the next farm spot and so on. Still though, it just feels like levels fly by so much faster with so fewer mobs, and they aren't that much stronger, I think I our ranger was destroying everything before our melee could even get to it. Thats party though, its pretty popular, so I expect to see a lot of it. I'm happy to see 4/7 events solo this week I must say though :) And all differnt kinds, I'm sure Ill have some good runs without my net going out.

Grats to the winning group too, shocked that only top 8 was past level 32 in 4 hours.
I dislike this 4h format, 3h is the best for party. This was bit too lengthy and during last hour it started to feel like bit boring. Don't think many people will bother with such lengthy events (especially midweek) so the competition was not very strong and we easily won the race with just 33-35 level party. Our levels could have almost been attained in 3 hour just by farming the ledge, but we decide to progress in this one up to western forest, just for fun.

Anyways grats team for the demis :)

Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

IGN: Rollface
I really do not like the change to the website, as it relates to events... the change was described as giving each ladder it's own clear rules post or something?

however the only change I've noticed is that you can no longer select a ladder before it starts to see how many hours/days away it is!!!

I always get confused by timezones, other people probably did to! it used to be possible ( a week or two ago)

to click on events and select an upcoming event, and preview it's empty/blank ladder and get a countdown timer!

this timer seems totally gone from the website, and since the timer has been gone I haven't managed to attend a single event! please restore this countdown timer ladder preview somewhere on the website.

so yeah, this news? this is bullocks " http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/58139 "

the forum ALWAYS had a thread for each event! all that's been done is the removal of the countdown timer!
Had a lot of fun doing the party race solo without any trading : )

4 hours of partying is just not fun enough I think.

Gear
Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Yea I got lucky with the fragments but got 21% cold res and blessed after the race but it did not really help that much.

You can see the race on my stream http://www.twitch.tv/devmoon

Got over 100 orbs though including 10 alcs and 9 chaos + 1 exalt and multiple gcps and I did not expect to get even close to demigod, so I am more than pleased : )

Thanks for everyone that watched me
Last edited by devmoon on Dec 12, 2012, 9:43:54 PM
Namad, set your timezone in your profile, each ladder race thread has the time/date posted at the top.

"Tangata ako ana i te whare, te turanga ki te marae, tau ana"
"
devmoon wrote:
Had a lot of fun doing the party race solo without any trading : )

Good lord your gear is so much better than mine.

Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

These next two items:

Unavailable

Unavailable

This was my mace that I alched at 21 and got that, pretty much the best all around mace I've ever made in a race (non 1 week+). And the unidentified ring, oh random quest rewards you forget about.

In the end though I found it fascinating how these last several party races, despite winning Demis a lot, how underpowered I felt compared to what I saw going on with the rest of the party.

Without a doubt GS from x time ago (5 months?) was the best skill in the game. A melee witch with groundslam and the right gear would probably have been pretty damn good. However now with the combination of the GS skill itself adjustments and the weapon speed balance, it feels very underwhelming as more or less the only way to build a marauder early in a race.

Somewhere in here people will say "well why do marauders still do so well all the time etc" and my response would be because they hands down have the best tree sub level 12, and get a HUGE power jump at either 12 or 17 depending on your build at resolute technique.

I think that a passive buff to mana regeneration or cost of the early melee skills would help. It was one thing when you one shot everything with a moderately decent tribal maul until Act 2, but that is 9 out of 10 times is not the case anymore.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Last edited by Morsexier on Dec 12, 2012, 10:24:01 PM
"
Visuv wrote:
Read that a lot the last days. I also consider partying to be way too easy at the moment, in general. But that "problem" is present in every single ARPG i know...

Well it's only really a problem in PoE because specific people love to race solo against parties and compare their fairness to the extreme. I still don't understand why people thing solo needs to be on an even par with party.

It's one thing to balance 1 class vs another, but to balance 1 class vs 6 random classes is crazy.

Party should be better than solo if the party works well, worse if they don't. That's the way it is at the moment and personally, I like it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info