Gameplay video
Half regen Map
Video Guide
Trap throwing speed [short]
Temple Piety[short]
Vaal Merciless (short)

Links:
Spoiler

Lightning trap - Multiple traps - Ele prolif: AoE, shock stacks: Link this on a +2 lightning gem 1h or quality added lightning
Cold snap - Trap - Increased AoE - Ele prolif: this can be switched for conc effect if someone else is freezing shit. works well on a +2 1h as well
Fire Trap - Conc - Fire Pen - Crit damage - Ele prolif: Huge single target, Ele prolif can be switched with remote mine in a party setup
Bear trap - Added fire - Culling - Crit damage: Anothing Single target, the low mana cost allows to pick isolated mobs easely, which can be an issue with this build

Gear:
Spoiler

Flask Setup:

High End Gear:
Spoiler

Tooltips dps:
Spoiler

I started on a CI character on the nemesis league, but was a bit annoyed by the lack of survivalability, so I theorycrafted this build which turned out to be pretty good.
As per usual I don't give any advice about leveling, but with the amount of damage you pick up early this shouldn't be an issue, I leveled this character solo without twink gear without any problems. While it doesn't match spectral throw, it certaintly holds its own.

It's a support build, not designed around the usual bullshit of curses and shit damage, but by being able to provide burst damage and utility. The concept of dps is a bit out of the touch for the mechanics of traps, which with their cooldowns don't allow to sustain the regular spamming. Positioning, tactical thinking and ressource management allows you to get the most out of this build, it probably requires a micro as good as bronze league but it's still an arpg, unless you're brain damaged you should be fine. Now with ice spear/gmp/pcoc on the swap weapon, you can provide up to 5 power charges to your party. You also benefit from the trap laying speed since you have slow cast speed.

Bandits: Help Oak, Kill All, Help Alira

Why no EE ?
I haven't tried it, but I think it can be an issue in a party setup.

Crit multiplier is a bit low, but it's fairly easy to grab a lot on gear, and the throatseeker cluster is available. It's what is going to make your character shine in group play, especially in the current metagame of Spectral throw.

Sunblast/Deerstalker: deerstalker is a must have while leveling, but sunblast isn't worth it, you sacrifice a lot (at least 130+ max life) for ~~10% increase in damage, and the traps triggering after a time is a gimmick rather than something reliable.

Low Mana/Mana regen: It's still a work in progress, and I have the 50% regen/no regen map affixes in mind: It probably requires more es on gear in order to use artic armor, but a lvl 1 with quality is already a plus. Now running a lvl 8 one with 1942 mana and 95 regen.

CI Hybrid totems version, less satisfying gameplay

Shoutout to Pohx, which allowed me to perfect my build, the evasion route was hidden to my eyes.

updated tooltips:
Last edited by Pam on Dec 11, 2013, 12:30:17 AM
Thank you so much for posting the build <3
Do you reckon 184% life is enough? It seems sort of low
184% at 75 is okay when the next 11 points can be life nodes, and don't forget mana shield
added a gameplay video of an easy map, I'll probably update with something harder in the next few days
Last edited by Pam on Nov 7, 2013, 12:05:12 PM
Is it worth using grace with mind over matter? or is it better to have the larger mana pool?
https://www.youtube.com/@esvbanARPGs
Considering how many people are running grace, I wouldn't use it. I'm already sitting at 6k armor with molten shell which is good enough for starting maps.
I recently took the mana geyser node and that pushed me close to 2K mana, I'm considering using This chest If I can get my hands on it, I'll definitely lack the %increased aoe from carcass jack though.
I'm currently uploading a vid' of an half regen map, which is probably the worst affix you can get, that was done before I pushed my mana higher so it's going to be easier to manage.
Last edited by Pam on Nov 8, 2013, 1:03:05 AM
Hi/Bonjour Pam,

With a 4L setup for everything, with link you remove from Firetrap 5L ? FirePen ?
@Furiouss
doesn't EE only consider your damage, not party's? looks that way from skill tree description.
"
Nonethewiser wrote:
doesn't EE only consider your damage, not party's? looks that way from skill tree description.

yeah that's the case but your party would still miss an element, and I don't think that kind of gameplay is efficient against 6man hp
ele weakness removes close to 60% all res and then there's penetration, while EE has its advantages I'm not sure i would rely on it. Maybe one day I'll switch and I'll fell in love like I did with point blank, but for now I keep my mind closed

"
With a 4L setup for everything, with link you remove from Firetrap 5L ? FirePen ?

Yes
Ele prolif and burning is way too strong to play without

There's a video guide in the op
Last edited by Pam on Nov 8, 2013, 12:57:28 PM
I'm currently leveling a lightning warp gem to replace increased aoe in the cold snap links, I have 2k top end with a lvl 16 gem so I expect it to be a nice addition in big parties where you can run out of traps against high hp targets
Last edited by Pam on Nov 10, 2013, 10:52:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info