Alkaizer Nemesis 89 Marauder Solo

Endurance on stun is for map clearing not including boss mobs, yet I don't use this. Prefer rarity and don't have a 6link anyway.

Endurance on stun works with heavy strike vs bosses as well. I am pretty sure I stun every single boss with my damage output atm.

I don't plan on making any footage or streaming for a while, maybe stream races idk. I'm still a fulltime student and play this game pretty casually (for me).

The build of the character is very important but I think solid understanding and playing is vastly more important.

I think my total gear value is like sub 10 exalts and there are people with like 30-40 exalts worth of gear who clear slower, have greater risk of dying, etc. This is not the only build that can do something like this as well, avoid cookie cutter if you want to make a strong character that doesn't cost the most expensive gear.

A lot of the not dying process is understanding what is incoming. For example, I never use my max resist flasks reactively as well as granite. I've seen lots of people die to crematorium boss for example without even popping their belt full of ruby flasks, you must have 100% uptime on your ruby flask during the fight or greatly risk a death. This is partly why I think seething flasks are pretty bad if you are in a situation where you need a burst healing effect then you are probably doing something wrong in the first place.

I think the majority of my success is the ability to understand what I am dealing with. I had never done maps beyond like 72 before I made this character, I did not know half of the boss encounters and such so that was pretty risky learning. Flask management seems to be nonexistent on many players as well, its very important to know when you are going to get your next charge threshold when in combat and such. Attack positioning and stutter step dps is extremely important as well. Maze vaal for example you don't even want to risk heavy striking when he's in physical damage mode, you never know when you might lag or desync slightly.

I've also considered putting life leech on molten shell and going vaal pact but have never experimented with vaal pact so I am not sure how it would play out.

"
AlkaizerX wrote:
Endurance on stun is for map clearing not including boss mobs, yet I don't use this. Prefer rarity and don't have a 6link anyway.

Endurance on stun works with heavy strike vs bosses as well. I am pretty sure I stun every single boss with my damage output atm.

I don't plan on making any footage or streaming for a while, maybe stream races idk. I'm still a fulltime student and play this game pretty casually (for me).

The build of the character is very important but I think solid understanding and playing is vastly more important.

I think my total gear value is like sub 10 exalts and there are people with like 30-40 exalts worth of gear who clear slower, have greater risk of dying, etc. This is not the only build that can do something like this as well, avoid cookie cutter if you want to make a strong character that doesn't cost the most expensive gear.

A lot of the not dying process is understanding what is incoming. For example, I never use my max resist flasks reactively as well as granite. I've seen lots of people die to crematorium boss for example without even popping their belt full of ruby flasks, you must have 100% uptime on your ruby flask during the fight or greatly risk a death. This is partly why I think seething flasks are pretty bad if you are in a situation where you need a burst healing effect then you are probably doing something wrong in the first place.

I think the majority of my success is the ability to understand what I am dealing with. I had never done maps beyond like 72 before I made this character, I did not know half of the boss encounters and such so that was pretty risky learning. Flask management seems to be nonexistent on many players as well, its very important to know when you are going to get your next charge threshold when in combat and such. Attack positioning and stutter step dps is extremely important as well. Maze vaal for example you don't even want to risk heavy striking when he's in physical damage mode, you never know when you might lag or desync slightly.

I've also considered putting life leech on molten shell and going vaal pact but have never experimented with vaal pact so I am not sure how it would play out.

Thanks for detailed response, would still love to see build in action :P but well, your call, tnx for sharing all the knowledge
Was kinda curious how you kept up with the high levels so easy while solo. I kinda stopped at 84 since progressing got slow with mapdrop rng, and being scared and abandoning some devour maps.

Just tried out same gem setup, with 2x instant immortal call my character seems like infinite times better. One thing I'm wondering though, with the nerf on cast on damage taken gem. Wouldn't it be better to swap out and have molthen shell instead of decoy totem on the always proc gem, so the 0.05 sec that you're not immune to physical damage you have the 2k shield to protect you from burst?

And also, guessing you just ran out of scourings, but wouldn't 1 lvl1 and 1 lvl4 gem be the best, so you proc every 220 damage?

edit: forgot to hail lord Alkaizer!
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
Last edited by ZoRoXo on Nov 8, 2013, 12:10:12 PM
Lvl 1 vs Lvl 2 is pretty irrelevant so I don't really care, yes it would be better. I really like decoy totem, very good for disconnect death prevention, i've seen it tank mobs for like 15 seconds as well in upper level maps.
Would this build work in Domination (I realize the items may be different, just curious about the passive spec'ing)? I don't think I'm quite ready for Nemesis mode considering this will be my first character on this game.
why do you don't take IR when you have US?
you can't evade anything - so why not convert your evasionrating into something useful like armor?
7 pts for IR and it's pretty shitty without a lot of evasion on gear or grace.

7 pts with this tree setup is basically 70+% physical dmg. Around level 91 or 92 I forget exactly I could respec entirely out of the duelist area and loop over to iron reflexes, wrecking ball, and the life nodes and I think this would be a pretty nice setup but until then it seems more than fine.

Again, double immortal call has proved to be more than enough physical survivability for me up to this point and touching 10k armor or so would just make double physical reflect no longer a threat and possibly free up my granite flask spot for divination.
what's your hp mod, how do you get 7500hp from the gears + your str?
"
OFasO wrote:
what's your hp mod, how do you get 7500hp from the gears + your str?

(base hp) + (oak quest hp) + (str/2) + (+X hp from tree) + (+Xhp from items) + ((character level - 1) x 8)

x

(1+ %increased life)/100
jus ripped with that build at level 33, only 180 armor 1300hp, 60 50 40 resists.... couldnt afford better things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info