Further Update to Map-only Uniques

Why not just remove maps? It fixes the necessity of grouping and trading. Just think about it. The game is great till you hit maps. Then it becomes a MMO with raids and auction house.
Last edited by dspair on Nov 6, 2013, 3:10:53 AM
Reverting this change in the current map metagame was the only right thing to do, thank you for this swift reaction. However, the real issue is the same as ever: lvl 75+ maps are downright absurd to regularly run due to the currency cost (solo and without finding these once again accessible uniques).
Last edited by Jippoe on Nov 6, 2013, 3:05:06 AM
"
dspair wrote:
Why not just remove maps? It fixes the necessity of grouping and trading. Just think about it. The game is great till you hit maps.

Yes, lets remove the endgame.
GREAT IDEA.
Not everyone wants to farm lunaris 24/7.

Last edited by Mythicpoe on Nov 6, 2013, 3:05:41 AM
I'm not sure I'll ever make it to maps, so still having the possibility of chancing the items is great news.
"
Mythicpoe wrote:
"
dspair wrote:
Why not just remove maps? It fixes the necessity of grouping and trading. Just think about it. The game is great till you hit maps.

Yes, lets remove the endgame.
GREAT IDEA.
Not everyone wants to farm lunaris 24/7.

Not everyone wants to sit in trade chat 24/7.

I miss Maelstrom of Chaos.
Last edited by dspair on Nov 6, 2013, 3:08:26 AM
You guys are awesome. What a quick solution to a seemingly easy issue most people wanted, other companies aren't as quick on the gun. Keep it up.
Very quick and smart call! Ty!!!
+1 GGG you're awesome! =]
Last edited by MooMooFarm85 on Nov 6, 2013, 3:10:31 AM
"
Roleplayer wrote:
Didn't have a chance to reply to last thread, so might as well be here, since obviously devs are listening.
Gating uniques by map system is actually pretty good encouragement to participate in that part of the game. I just think that numbers needed a little bit of crunching. Restricting many drops to the only highest maps in game (and to rare/unique monsters at highest maps is shaky in my opinion). Something more reasonable like 68-70 maps for most of them, 66+ for some of them and maybe 71+ for the really best one or two) would make more sense and not incite that much anger. With some effort you should be able to go into 70 maps even if you are solo and selffound, so it should be ok.
Other than that, we play PvE mostly for that sense of legendary epic lewt (I guess) =) It's up to you to balance it that the reward is there, but also feels like it's a reward. You've tried one extreme, see where it went. But don't just bend over and go another extreme as it is not great at all either. Noone wants everyone to have 10x Kaom's each, that is for sure.

+1 couldn't have said it better.
Chris I've been playing Path of Exile since January and I have only looted one unique that could sell for more than one exalt which is Astramentis in nine months.

I don't know what you're talking about when it comes to time investment.

Can you explain this?

By the way I play solo most of the time so of course I don't get those quantity bonuses from partying.

Solo players so at a huge disadvantage.
Last edited by Freemasonary on Nov 6, 2013, 3:17:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info