Further Update to Map-only Uniques

Impressive and thank you. Still gonna need to know itemlevels for all the others.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
I think they saw the error in their thinking
IGN: Sacajahwea, SaraWinnemucca, Choposi_Pussay

Path of exile...yes I think so..
But still no word on actually fixing maps? Honestly, your previous changes would have been acceptable if maps had better drop rates. But now we're back at square one, where good items are obtainable but you can't actually do anything with them. Still back at the square where awful RNG is the only determining factor to whether you can actually experience the endgame or not. Locking players out of endgame areas through horrid RNG is NOT an acceptable design choice. You should be locking players out of endgame areas because those areas are too challenging for them.
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
Last edited by Caustic2 on Nov 6, 2013, 2:34:05 AM
I just wish I knew, I wasted so much time and currency (and all the maps I did have... not a lot of currency, just my stuff for maps and chaos I spent buying them) on low level maps not realizing I should've been doing Piety runs for more loot. I get almost all magics from map bosses without MF, and this just hit really hard. I haven't had more than 2 stacks of alts, where I'm sure doing Piety would've been a lot better and a lot safer. Man.

I guess now I know. I guess i should have realized it was a waste to do 66-68, rather than vendor them. But i have gotten a Lioneye's on Sewers, so I thought it would be worth it. The changes sound good, though. Just wish I saved my maps and stuff.

I don't think I would've minded the previous changes if we knew ahead of time.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Nov 6, 2013, 2:50:37 AM
I was about to QQ on the old thread. It got closed before I could. I like it better. Thank you !
Standard : BratalUss
Chris on Map only uniques from 2 weeks ago:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1oyz1m/100_release_patch_notes/ccx1r6i?context=3

They way I understood this is "any map in general". Which is why I was so shocked to see the brutal requirements they decided to implement.
Kudos for taking feedback so fast!

I am still curious why did you guys think it's a positive change to restrict the vast majority of the player base from very important items that are/can be build defining, which would also limit players' options.
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
I wouldn't have had a problem with it if the drop rate of the map only uniques (mainly those with an item level requirement of 72+) was substantially increased. With the same drop rate and such high map level requirements the number of drops would plummit.

Overall I think having kaoms and shavronne's drop only in 70+ maps is still pretty cool, this is coming from someone who has only ever done a handful of maps above 74 as well.

Probably a mechanic that will be in flux for a while to come I presume.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll-
@Faith_And_Steel
WHY DO YOU LISTEN TO CRYING BABIES? IF EVERYONE HAS HIS KAOM, WHATS THE MOTIVATION TO KEEP PLAYING??? YOU GET BORED.. SIMPLE AS THAT.. ENDGAME CONTENT SHOULD BE EXTREMELY HARD TO OBTAIN NOT THAT EVERYONE SHOULD HAS IT..

YOU ARE DOING THE SAME MISTAKE WHAT BLIZZARD DID, GIVE EVERYTHING TO EVERYONE.. YOU WILL REGRET THAT, GGG.

I AM VERY DISAPOINTED! :(
1.0.0f + orb of regret = 1.0.0g

Will the map only drop uniques, that can be chanced need a different ilvl than the one listed on the unique?

Woke up, started to read part 1, got excited that i i am more or less got even more mega rich in std and hc over night. Then saw that part 2, lol. Rollercoaster in the morning

On a sidenote, i was not happy to see such high ilvl reqs since i know how hard or near impossible it is to sustain lvll 76 maps, but i could lived with it, since i love trading and therefore would one day just flip up to these items one day
8/8 Challenges Anarchy/Onslaught
8/8 Challenges Domination/Nemesis
8/8 Challenges Ambush/Invasion

IGN: @Mob_Barley

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info