Further Update to Map-only Uniques

"
nikoon wrote:
"
minus4 wrote:
I felt the gating of uniques was a good change to encourage people to explore more into high level maps. I want GGG to know I support it. But I guess the majority of the community has different views.

Majority sux.. Thats why D3 SUX.. They NERFED it that majority can play it. Now none playes it anymore, cause its boring.. GGG follows Blizzard footsteps.. :/

Okay, lets make a game for top 50 people on the ladder.
"
nikoon wrote:
"
minus4 wrote:
I felt the gating of uniques was a good change to encourage people to explore more into high level maps. I want GGG to know I support it. But I guess the majority of the community has different views.

Majority sux.. Thats why D3 SUX.. They NERFED it that majority can play it. Now none playes it anymore, cause its boring.. GGG follows Blizzard footsteps.. :/

Man fuck outa here you're making us ''hardcore'' no not hardcore in terms of the fucking game meaning we play all fucking day look bad.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 6, 2013, 2:53:30 AM
I was pretty sad after seeing the item list but I'm glad it will change. Not really because I want the uniques but I agree with the idea that there should be at least some chance outside of maps. Also, Orbs of Chance should be looked at and used for fun. It really deflates your enthusiasm to use them after knowing that some of those cool items would be impossible to get that way.

To be honest, I like the idea of map only drops but I think they should try to be more creative with it. I would post an example but I'm terrible with this kind of thing and pretty tired at the moment. If I can later I will edit something in.
"
nikoon wrote:
"
minus4 wrote:

If they had kept it that way, you could have enjoyed all of those items by yourself, because you'd be the only one left to play it.

It's not like there aren't already thousands of these items in hardcore and standard. All it really did was fuck over new people. Seriously doubt any of these items you might have had have item levels of 78+ to begin with. You just want to keep other people from getting them the same way you did.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
minus4 wrote:

The problem is that uniques shouldn't be needed to encourage people to play high lvl maps. Rares should. If there are uniques that are as rewarding to find as well rolled ilvl 78 rares then those uniques should be nerfed (further if they were already nerfed once as a lot of the uniques on the old list was).

Personally I don't think any of those uniques were powerful enough to rival ilvl 78 rares though, a lot of them were even build enablers. And gating builds behind high lvl maps was a bad idea in every way.

My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
If kaoms and shavronnes can drop outside of maps whats even the point of having map only uniques? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the change. But i think you should just do away with map only uniques entirely, or at least make it very clear which only drop in maps. Also, please buff map boss drops. Boss runs are disgustingly better right now and are about to get way better...
"
dspair wrote:
"
nikoon wrote:
"
minus4 wrote:

Okay, lets make a game for top 50 people on the ladder.

You got your chance to climb the ladder.. Is Wimbledon Championship for all tennis players? Its for best 128 in the world.. Thats why its prestigious. Having Kaom should be hard to obtain, not that botters can farm non maps areas all day long. This is the first nail in PoEs coffin.. :/
lame. fix desync.
I woulda been fine if kaoms/shavronnes was map unique only and even up to like 70 maps cause that's easy to reach even for a solo player like myself after that it gets harder which is good imo I loved it when I finally played a Shrine map. Now people with bad builds but lots of MF will just continue to do lunaris or w/e and still have higher chance of getting rich than us with strong map builds.

I personally think rarity/quantity is a terrible stat on items in a game like this (except for the quantity increase on maps) and was happy to see you remove the quantity gem and reduce quantity at least for the new leagues and hope to see you continue on this path so that people who actually make strong viable end game builds don't have to be too sad when MFers who farm Lunaris get 5 exalts per day worth of stuff or w/e crazy amount they can come up too when they have multiple clients running at the same time and do their cheesy tricks abusing the game and the MF system.

My two cents either way it's nice you responded to feedback so fast, the 78 for Shavronne/Kaom was a bit crazy :D
[Removed by Admin]
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Nov 6, 2013, 3:05:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info