Further Update to Map-only Uniques

I did't find high level maps when I solo, but I always found them when I created a party. Is it also intended? Because I hate party.
You won't have my gear.
"
Caustic2 wrote:
"
nikoon wrote:

You got your chance to climb the ladder.. Is Wimbledon Championship for all tennis players? Its for best 128 in the world.. Thats why its prestigious. Having Kaom should be hard to obtain, not that botters can farm non maps areas all day long. This is the first nail in PoEs coffin.. :/

How so? The game is (assumingly) exactly like it was before the change. Jesus you're retarded.

LMAO
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Didn't have a chance to reply to last thread, so might as well be here, since obviously devs are listening.
Gating uniques by map system is actually pretty good encouragement to participate in that part of the game. I just think that numbers needed a little bit of crunching. Restricting many drops to the only highest maps in game (and to rare/unique monsters at highest maps is shaky in my opinion). Something more reasonable like 68-70 maps for most of them, 66+ for some of them and maybe 71+ for the really best one or two) would make more sense and not incite that much anger. With some effort you should be able to go into 70 maps even if you are solo and selffound, so it should be ok.
Other than that, we play PvE mostly for that sense of legendary epic lewt (I guess) =) It's up to you to balance it that the reward is there, but also feels like it's a reward. You've tried one extreme, see where it went. But don't just bend over and go another extreme as it is not great at all either. Noone wants everyone to have 10x Kaom's each, that is for sure.
Awesome. Again, I don't usually post in these but you guys really showed that you care about your player base with this reconsideration. I understand your general reasoning for the changes, but I definitely think you took it way too far. I would be fine with Shav's and Kaom's not dropping until maps, but not 76+ maps, that's just crazy.
"
nikoon wrote:

You got your chance to climb the ladder.. Is Wimbledon Championship for all tennis players? Its for best 128 in the world.. Thats why its prestigious. Having Kaom should be hard to obtain, not that botters can farm non maps areas all day long. This is the first nail in PoEs coffin.. :/

a) there is wildcard entry
b) it's not like bots can already farm a koams worth of exalts in every non-map area of the game... oh wait they can.
Why not just remove the map only unique list all together? It's going to be a running joke after this change anyway.

If you have to use these to promote map play, you need to SERIOUSLY look at your endgame. *Cough....hint hint Cough*

"
Roleplayer wrote:

Gating uniques by map system is actually pretty good encouragement to participate in that part of the game.

As if being able to actually level up and progress your character wasn't enough along with high ilvl rares?
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
Last edited by Caustic2 on Nov 6, 2013, 3:00:13 AM
"
Roleplayer wrote:
Didn't have a chance to reply to last thread, so might as well be here, since obviously devs are listening.
Gating uniques by map system is actually pretty good encouragement to participate in that part of the game. I just think that numbers needed a little bit of crunching. Restricting many drops to the only highest maps in game (and to rare/unique monsters at highest maps is shaky in my opinion). Something more reasonable like 68-70 maps for most of them, 66+ for some of them and maybe 71+ for the really best one or two) would make more sense and not incite that much anger. With some effort you should be able to go into 70 maps even if you are solo and selffound, so it should be ok.
Other than that, we play PvE mostly for that sense of legendary epic lewt (I guess) =) It's up to you to balance it that the reward is there, but also feels like it's a reward. You've tried one extreme, see where it went. But don't just bend over and go another extreme as it is not great at all either. Noone wants everyone to have 10x Kaom's each, that is for sure.

Agree on that from one extreme to another.. Lvl 78 was a bit too high I agree. But put in non maps areares for botters??? WTF, thats lame..
The ilvl gates are still too damn high for "the list". Nothing should be gated above ilvl 73 or so (as most solo / small-group players who aren't going all out in PoE will plateau around that map level).
[Hardcore league]
IGN: Jeria / Metalgrid
Only 2.6% people playing Hardcore League and over 50% playing Domination League because people think that the default League is Domination for it's in the center of attention when creating new character. And the Hardcore League choice is so small, placed under Standard League choice. That makes people think it's a sub of the Standard League.

Maybe GGG can make an analysis on which league player spend more money on microtransactions and push new users to that league by redesigning the UX.
To grind or not to grind, that's the question.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info