1.0.0f Patch Notes

"
h3rp3s wrote:
If you QQ enough GGG will nerf it. Sad to see the game go down this path.

I mean seriously.. CoDT was just released. The fact that you have months to balance a gem and then change it right after it releases shows a lack of dev planning and organization.

Ill have to agree with you. Seems like there was no tests at all.

Also totally true since the end of OB, QQ in the forums, GGG nerfs it.
IGN: Ziggro
Albino Rhoa event? What's that?
EVERYONE PLEASE RELAX.

After 10.0.0F Cast on Damage Taken works just as well as before with the most common MS+EC+(whatever) combo.

No need to panic, I just tested it. The cooldown is hardly noticeable.
IGN: Hauberdogken.
If you find me AFK, leave a message on the forum or add me and I'll get back to you.
I really don't understand how so many people can whine about such a minor change. If having your CoDT gem trigger more than 4 times per second is the only thing which makes your character viable, something seems a bit off.

My guess is that everyone's going to find out that it's not such a big deal, and that contrary to the amount of tears being shed, everything still pretty much works. Maybe some builds will go from being ridiculously strong to simply being strong, but it's really hard to imagine how a character would go from viable to not-viable because of that 250ms cooldown.

Also, as people have already pointed out, it makes the gem more usable for people playing in Nemesis/Hardcore. That has to be seen as positive, I would think.
"
MesostelZe wrote:
I really don't understand how so many people can whine about such a minor change. If having your CoDT gem trigger more than 4 times per second is the only thing which makes your character viable, something seems a bit off.

My guess is that everyone's going to find out that it's not such a big deal, and that contrary to the amount of tears being shed, everything still pretty much works. Maybe some builds will go from being ridiculously strong to simply being strong, but it's really hard to imagine how a character would go from viable to not-viable because of that 250ms cooldown.

Also, as people have already pointed out, it makes the gem more usable for people playing in Nemesis/Hardcore. That has to be seen as positive, I would think.

Actually you miss the "There are more changes to this support gem coming in 1.0.1." aka more nerfs
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
Last edited by Kiri2k on Nov 6, 2013, 8:20:10 AM
Hypothetical nerfs lets all freak out while completely disregarding the current "nerf" (bug) to flask suffixes. Remove codt for all I care, give me my of reflexes and of iron skin back please.
srdy
250 ms CD : OMG IT'S AN INSANE NERF, and in conclusion people start cutting wrists.

Haha I love the internet <3
"Zazan":
*Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem.
*Fixed a bug where people logged in to play
"
ziggro wrote:
"
h3rp3s wrote:
If you QQ enough GGG will nerf it. Sad to see the game go down this path.

I mean seriously.. CoDT was just released. The fact that you have months to balance a gem and then change it right after it releases shows a lack of dev planning and organization.

Ill have to agree with you. Seems like there was no tests at all.

Also totally true since the end of OB, QQ in the forums, GGG nerfs it.

I don't understand how this is much different from most times that they've added new skills/supports in the past. They release the skill once it's not buggy. Usually they're pretty good about getting close to the right point balance-wise as well, but of course they're not going to be able to balance test all possible combinations of skills and supports for each release of a new gem. You have to let the community help with balance somewhat. We get the new gems, play with them, and if builds are found which make the game overly boring to play, then GGG goes back and tweaks things until everything is fun and interesting.

The change people are talking about here is one of the most minor changes to a support gem I've ever seen.

Compare it with when they released Shockwave Totem in 0.9.9 and then in 0.9.10, they removed its crit chance, reduced its radius of effect, damage, cast speed, and frequency of pulses, and at the same time, increased its mana cost. While they've since buffed it a bit (and perhaps they could go a little farther, I don't know how many people are using it even now), some kind of nerf was totally appropriate at the time.

Sometimes things are going to be adjusted, and that's okay. GGG has done a very good job of keeping the game fun and interesting.
"
Kiri2k wrote:

Actually you miss the "There are more changes to this support gem coming in 1.0.1." aka more nerfs

I didn't miss that. Since they haven't revealed what those changes will be, it would be totally unfair of anyone to pass judgement on how GGG will end up adjusting the skill at this point. They usually do quite a good job, all things considered, of making sure that the relationship between character power and time invested is strong and reasonably consistent between a wide variety of builds. I don't see any reason for people to panic.
Why would you cry about 250MS CD ? I mean 250MS ... You can't even count to that haha
"Zazan":
*Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem.
*Fixed a bug where people logged in to play

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info