1.0.0f Patch Notes

"
thatdumbguy wrote:
Can one person please explain to me how CoDT was "nerfed?" I don't see it, at all.

It can cast supportem gem 4 times per second max now instead of "infinite" times.
IGN: Drusek
GGG: all you should do was treat reflect damage as "no hit" damage so CwDT would not proc to it
IGN: Drusek
And what sucks most is that the economy shifted, gear for Discharge went insanely high, people bought in and now after the nerf, the prices will go 6 feet underground.

Luckily GGG isn't traded on Wall St or else we'd all be fucked. :(
"
thatdumbguy wrote:
Can one person please explain to me how CoDT was "nerfed?" I don't see it, at all.

The problem with CoDT is everything is on the same trigger (X damage taken). With cast when stunned, there's an X% chance that it will cast when you are stunned which means the supported skills linked to this don't naturally cast all at the same time.

Because each individual skill is linked to the damage taken and all events would occur at the same time, the first event goes through and then 2 conditions must be met for the second spell to go through: .25 seconds later and an additional X damage taken. If X damage taken occurs before the .25 seconds, it would reset and start over again.

The .25 second cooldown would work if the condition wasn't set to go off at the same exact time on every skill. In reality, cast on damage taken should not be a counter but a percentage for every damage point taken...for example 1% chance for every 10 damage taken.
Last edited by darkel on Nov 6, 2013, 6:58:39 AM
do you guys think that they will nerf it so "codt" no longer puts up curses? like the triple curse discharge stuff? or make it so it wont summon any totems?
I just find it funny that they are fixing cast when damage taken and yet there are no patch notes for cast on crit for shit like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cik4SeE7uBs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXFvIVXkHyw
"
allbusiness wrote:
I just find it funny that they are fixing cast when damage taken and yet there are no patch notes for cast on crit for shit like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cik4SeE7uBs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXFvIVXkHyw

They only nerf what people whine about.
IGN EntropicThunder
i think the best nerf for CoDT would be

50% mana cost on lvl 1 with -2% reduce for each level
no mana - no cast

1 heavy abusers will be nerfed the most
2 normal people - still may use it but not mandatory (as now)
3 leveling the gem may become useful
Last edited by shade1515 on Nov 6, 2013, 7:34:16 AM
no notes about fixing currency drops for me? not even responding on the support email yet, but still fixing it? just a bit shady....
"
Wootcakes wrote:
I am sad to see an adjustment to the Cast When Damage Taken gem since it has really allowed my melee character to flourish. Yes, I am use CWDT + Enduring Cry + Molten Shell + Decoy Totem. That being said, the fact that pretty much every character uses some sort of setup as above really means that the gem needs tweaking. I will hold my nerdrage back until I see exactly how this change works.

Also, I agree with some of the people above... what's the point of alpha testers if they don't see how to abuse this gem?

Keep up the good work GGG! Totally mean that, not being sarcastic. Crap! That makes me sound more sarcastic! I'll see myself out now...

What I find most intriguing is that not only did the CWDT Gem get through alpha testing, GGG themselves promoted/showed a video running 2 copies of the CWDT gem, one at level 1 and one at level 4. How GGG didn't see this gem being OP, I don't know. But it is and it does need nerfed. Every build/guide out now currently runs 2 or 3 copies of the gem. It's ridiculous. Simultaneous casting of 6 or more skills at zero resource cost. Holy crap. Yes, that's going to get nerfed. I just hope that in the end a single copy of the CWDT gem is viable. A single copy of CWDT actually made playing melee viable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info