[Nemesis] 2H Mace - 4L 17k dps - 5L 24k dps – Spectral Throw/Double Strike

First things first: I actualy did not plan this build at first, but playing it for 80 levels, I do think it is relatively good and very fun to play.

RIIP, level 81! :(

This build evolves around Double Strike, Spectral Throw and Blood Rage, and requires only cheap stuff and 4L (of course 5/6 L is better, but 4L will work just fine).

Vidéos
- Video (Piety run)
- Video Map 66

Current DPS/Stats
17k dps on Double Strike (now 24K with my 5L), 3k2 on Spectral Throw. 9k armor without molten shell, 66% physical reduction (with enduring cry), 77% all resist, 43% chaos resist (merciless), 4K6 HP.
Screens

The build in Details
- You need at least 15% chaos resist before running Blood Rage (without loosing HP) and 2% mana leech to run 2 auras (Grace and Hatred) and your skills without Blood Magic.
- You will notice I have a lot of resist in my build (52% all resist), that way it’s easier (cheaper) to get your Chaos resist in Merciless.

Build Stats
- 330 Strength / 160 Dexterity / 30 Intelligence

Defense
+246% maximum life, 299hp, 3% Life Regen
+52% to all Elemental Resitances / +2% to Maximum resistances
+2% Life leech (9% with Blood Rage active)
+110% armor, +96% evasion, Iron reflexes
+30% reduced extra damage from critical strikes
+Cannot be stunned

Weapon
+212% physical with 2H mace
+62% attack speed with 2H mace
+RT

Build Progression
- 18 points
- 31 points
- 49 points
- 70 points
- Final Build (103 points)

Gems and skills
Weapon 4L - Double Strike:
- Melee Physical, Faster Attacks, Multistrike
Helm 4L - Spectral Throw:
- Faster Attacks, LMP, Added fire damage
Gloves 4L - Grace, Hatred, Temporal Chain:
- Reduced Mana
Boots 4L - Enduring Cry, Blood Rage, Molten Shell:
- Cast when damage Taken
Chest 4L:
- Here, I use Leap Slam with Blood Magic/Endurance charge on melee stun/Faster attacks but you can do whatever you want.

Bandits:
- Oak, Oak, Oak

Current gear
It's not expensive stuff (except the weapon: self found)
Spoiler

Feel free to provide some feedback if you have any ideas. I'll also post more videos (69,70,71 maps).
Last edited by Lidya on Nov 15, 2013, 4:23:29 AM
The build seems pretty solid, i have nearly the exact copy of it, exept i picked up staff passives and went deeper into the templar tree. i also use flicker strike instead of dual strike. i think its the best possible way to have a tanky dps char, but i like the build!
New video: Map 66
My issue here is why do when I add mace and 2H damage nodes I get 0 more damage?
Your RNGeesus is a false prophet
Which paths do you take first when you are branching out on your passive skill tree? I assume you prioritize the life/resist nodes first.
Yeah, basicaly in Nemesis I always go +HP/+%HP and resist first. It's a good way to be sure you'll not die to stupid stuff early game. And remember you're playing with a 2H weapon, so you can easly kill stuff without any DPS node in Normal/Cruel and A1 Merc.

In A2 Merc taking DPS nodes is nice because killing some rare monsters faster become better than armor or resist to survive (with this specific build).

You can start like this: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABvryC5JARiq9KyG6qtfI1kqxZiPH-j03jplcxnqlueA2-igHcpBkb-iXfhNllTUd-q8Vuab6n0k3AD9XtapO2QU4qKaXi6mEhhO907XrvYEsFLUCgnrmHag==

(IR is excellent with this build! Allowing you to find items more easly and increasing your armor)
Last edited by Lidya on Nov 8, 2013, 11:38:44 AM
Seems like a pretty good build. I hadn't yet given much thought to exploring the Ranger part of the tree, but I may give it a shot (I'm kind of improvising as I go along).

Why not go for Unwavering Stance though, since you've gone for Iron Reflexes? Point restriction?

I'm assuming you mean Double Strike as your single attack skill? I actually like dimix16x's idea of going with Flicker Strike, but I lack dexterity at the moment. I'm using Heavy Strike instead, until I can find some good enough dex gear.
I'm at 13k dps on dual strike atm with 6,5 attack/second. (selling my old one if someone is interested).

For Unwavering Stance I plan to go for it latter (when I can refund some resist nodes).
Last edited by Lidya on Nov 11, 2013, 8:35:21 PM
I'll try this with a new Scion. :) It's pretty much exactly what I had looked for (I may prefer staves over maces, but that's almost just a RP reason), and the videos are quite impressive. I'll do it on Domination first (still not feeling confident enough for Nemesis/HC, but that's what I played in D2 and I miss the thrill).

Please post your updated build, when you get around to it! Thanks very much for putting this together!
I think there's some typo with your guide.

You mentioned Dual Strike, do you meant Double Strike instead?

Nice video btw, seen you tearing the mobs apart easily and farming Piety with ease. Looks good.
IGN - Duck_Ya

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info