[1.0.X] [Witch/Templar] Multiple discharge + cast on damage + cast on stun = AFK mass destruction

"
When it comes to the new leagues is it viable to survive without voll's devotion? I figured all the auto casting defeated the purpose but now i'm stuck with an amulet socket and no clue what I should put in it.
I'm trying this out in Domination btw

Ran a map without this amulet to test. Seems to work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJanluQGMkA
This build seems fun but since there is no Nemesis video of this build I won't try it :p
New patch notes:

"Added a 250ms cooldown to Cast on Damage Taken. There are more changes to this support gem coming in 1.0.1."

tell me if it adversely affects your build... because i'm trying to roll a 6L voll's chest and i need to know if it's still viable. CODT will now only trigger 4 times every second rather than whenever.

off the top of my head i think it will still be viable tho because you still have cast when stunned.
Last edited by Madroxmultiply on Nov 6, 2013, 5:56:39 AM
"
New patch notes:

"Added a 250ms cooldown to Cast on Damage Taken. There are more changes to this support gem coming in 1.0.1."

tell me if it adversely affects your build... because i'm trying to roll a 6L voll's chest and i need to know if it's still viable. CODT will not only trigger 4 times every second rather than whenever.

off the top of my head i think it will still be viable tho because you still have cast when stunned.

It'll definitely reduce DPS when you're AoEing but it should also fix potential instagibs to Lightning Thorns / Elemental Reflect.
I dun see it as a nerf tbh, 250ms isn't much and you are in fact in overkill mode.

But the other changes incoming in v1.0.1, should they chg the numerical dmg to percentage, then this build will be gone.

It's a very fun build, very creative!
Last edited by Xafniko on Nov 6, 2013, 2:24:33 AM
As for 0.25 sec CD, just ran a map and didn't notice any difference.

I now run with two discharges each linked to life leech, cast on damage and cast on stun. I think they still proc often enough especially that I am levelling CoDT gems in these links.

I think the change was mostly to fix this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er8TZlcP3X4

I need another ele reflect map to test how it looks like now.

The real nerfs are not maed yet.
It's cool, but seems expensive to start, especially for new league/newer players.
IGN: Farmerino
Last edited by rinxen on Nov 6, 2013, 9:52:08 PM
"
rinxen wrote:
It's cool, but seems expensive to start, especially for new league/newer players.

Exactly. It is mostly a fun build, and if you already have right gear. I got mine from my pre-release discharger.
Added 'A completely AFK gem setup example' at the bottom of the guide. It is the absolute version of this build, with all gem slots used and the only castable spell being the aura :).

Edit: It seems to perform worse than a manual/auto combination though.
Last edited by Redzor on Nov 6, 2013, 11:10:20 PM
Hello Redzor!

First of all thank you very much for thinking out ofthe box and coming up with something so so fun. I truly am inspired by your build. However, I'm fairly new and have come to a major pitstop when trying to mimic your build!

As of now, I am stuck with what I'm trying to do. I fully understand at such a low level(31) i cannot achieve even a fraction of what you have. But I do wish for some help in my dilemma.

I am trying to slowly progress by achieving a semi auto-discharger first before transitioning to yours.

Questions:

1)I have just reached the level to use CwDT, for a semi-autodischarge, what should i link it to? I have a 5L Searing Touch for a start.

Does it matter where i put my enduring cry?
My attempt is:
Enduring Cry - cwtd - discharge

2) I have a 2nd discharge, how about something like:
Fireball - lmp - cwtd - discharge

So based on this 2, effectively once i take a 440dmg(lvl 1 CwDT), i will discharge twice simultaneously?

EDIT: Must CwTD AlWAYS be at a corner to work in the correct order?

P/S: I clearly understand this is not viable at all and I should just focus on lvling up higher before attempting this. But I am a sucjer for effects like these and I want to blow shit uppppp! Thank you for reading and reply guys!!! :D

Last edited by Kryfyre on Nov 7, 2013, 7:39:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info