[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

Hi again Wurpo's Quillers!

I am little bored spinning my cyclone whole day so I thought I could revive my old good CoC Scion. I have some new ideas for it and want to share them with you.

I want to use Barrage for single-target attack here
and
Split arrow here

don't look at gems, the main idea is to use:
5l: barrage+coc+gmp+arctic+fireball/etheral knives
6l: split arrow+coc+chain+power charge on crit+DESECRATE+cold snap/arc or other AoE spell

As you all see Carcass is giving nice buff for AoE skills, but no power charge on crit:/
That's why I need Power Charge On Crit gem. What I want to obtain is to turn this build into great chaos dmg dealer. Etheral knives can be boosted by
and chaos dmg alone by passive nodes laying not so far. Desecrate is damn nice spell and I really want to test it. NO REFLECT from chaos dmg!
My concerns are: mana - I dont have voll's so maybe high lvl clarity will solve my problem?
I can use old good Thief's Torment but maybe it can be passed by other mana regen options, also need to be tested.

Now I am trying to buy all crucial gems (lvled/quality cast on crit etc.) so I can make it works... or not:P
Last edited by HeyterVic on Jan 30, 2014, 8:54:03 PM
was writing big reply post with calculations and stuff, but forum desided to delete it when I pressed a quote button :/

short version:
biggest weakness of build - low hp and low armor. By removing Thief's torment it's good to get +hp rings, not -hp. EK reflects will rape no armor char if I'm understanding its mechanics correctly.
Mana: you'd have enough mana with LVL20 clarity to stand still and shoot barrage for 4sec(you regen ~40m/sec, you spend ~80/sec)
you'd have not enough mana regen for Split arrow(you spend 185m/s ....)
Playing with 70-80ms ping, which is causing long loading between zones,
resulting in 2-4 minutes disadvantage in 1 hour races.
(I was wrong, it wasn't a ping issue but something else on GGG side)
"
kefirhl wrote:
was writing big reply post with calculations and stuff, but forum desided to delete it when I pressed a quote button :/

short version:
biggest weakness of build - low hp and low armor. By removing Thief's torment it's good to get +hp rings, not -hp. EK reflects will rape no armor char if I'm understanding its mechanics correctly.
Mana: you'd have enough mana with LVL20 clarity to stand still and shoot barrage for 4sec(you regen ~40m/sec, you spend ~80/sec)
you'd have not enough mana regen for Split arrow(you spend 185m/s ....)

I just bought TT, becasue it's too annoying when I need to stop spamming attacks or use mana pot (which is easily recharging with critting so many times). Power charge on Crit with Barrage is super evective, but I cannot use Cold Snap on Split Arro;/ So now I am looking for best option with Spli Arrow having 5 links to use. I can't say if Desecrate (1.0.6 gem) is useful yet, cause it's only 12 lvl now:/ I want to try Raging Spirit too:)
Hi Wurpo

First of all your build looks pormising and i like to try it as soon as i lvlup my Scion.
But i have few questions, and i hope u can help about them.

My first question is about Quill rain, i have a nice one but only with 64% Increased projctile speed.
So shall i get a new one with higher projectile speed or this is fine because the AP of the bow count mostly?

My second question is, i saw u updated your guide in the middle of january.
And i like to know your guide at the first page is still up to date?

And last one is, if iam right the next color combos would be cool for this build: GGGGBB and GGGBBB ?

Thank you for your patience

Metron
hey guys, whats now whit lightning arrow after patch?

deadnerfed?

like the idea, but split arrow just sux, to low hits.

.. so the question, is lightning arrow fine?
ign RipDesyncRipRm
LA got hard nerfed
Hi Everyone,

Any tips on vs enemies that move a lot? E.g. Rogue exiles. I cannot shotgun them as some just keeps running away and leap slamming. And what about spell casting bosses that you can't get close to (Shrine Piety, Tortue Chamber boss etc)? I'm thinking that 20 quality freezing pulse (level 1) + 20/20 added chaos + 20/20 increased crit damage would be good alternative for single target. The downside is that it requires a 6 link and it might not do as much damage as the fireball + arctic breath + conc effect.
"
diffor wrote:

skip them if you want to be effective with this build) For me moving exiles were not a problem at all, they move but you still shoot them in the face when they are on you. I have a granite flask with 100% inc armor that gives me time to replenish hp while I facetank them.

why is freezing pulse level 1?
Last edited by kefirhl on Feb 3, 2014, 7:12:20 AM
You will die to reflect w/ 20/20 freezing pulse + 20/20 increased crit damage. W/ level 1 freezing pulse you can do ele reflect mob in minus max + ele reflect map no problem. You'll just get most of your damage from the added chaos.
"
diffor wrote:
You will die to reflect w/ 20/20 freezing pulse + 20/20 increased crit damage. W/ level 1 freezing pulse you can do ele reflect mob in minus max + ele reflect map no problem. You'll just get most of your damage from the added chaos.

how did you jump from bosses that can't be shot from close distance to reflect? :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info