[2.2] Wurpo's quill rain + cast on crit build (aka stress test build) [not scion anymore]

you life would be below 2.5k with that build and thief's ring. Even Piety could kill such char. And I'd agree with above - no to mana nodes, no to crit multi nodes, no to doom cast. Also I'd say no to move speed and 3% attack speed node. If you are not running lot of auras - no to mana reservation. No to %accuracy(Acuity), but Yes to %acucuracy+8%atack speed(Finesse) and get more life!
Playing with 70-80ms ping, which is causing long loading between zones,
resulting in 2-4 minutes disadvantage in 1 hour races.
(I was wrong, it wasn't a ping issue but something else on GGG side)
Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback. The comments make sense. I will get back to the skill tree and make some cuts in the skill tree.

Cheers !
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Jan 21, 2014, 6:35:27 PM
"
kefirhl wrote:

no i didnt

pretty sure it will work the same, you leave the 'luxury' nodes till the end, and some nodes i took are purely not necessary (str / int nodes etc). ALso, there is a stupid amount of hp lol

the only thing thats missing is some bow crit chance, with CW and diamond flask and some gear cc (maybe maligaros?) should be ok

I was also thinking, could one replace thief's torment and go with mana on kill nodes in tree and LOH in 6 link?
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Jan 22, 2014, 3:39:32 AM
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
Spoiler
"
kefirhl wrote:

no i didnt

pretty sure it will work the same, you leave the 'luxury' nodes till the end, and some nodes i took are purely not necessary (str / int nodes etc). ALso, there is a stupid amount of hp lol

the only thing thats missing is some bow crit chance, with CW and diamond flask and some gear cc (maybe maligaros?) should be ok

I was also thinking, could one replace thief's torment and go with mana on kill nodes in tree and LOH in 6 link?

oh well then, if you didn't play you probably not familiar with the play-style) Even with higher crit-aps you'd get streaks of no-damage, those are quite disgusting and would be even worse with your build unless you find godly gear.

I still think that HC version of build shouldn't use thief's ring. HP loss on those pieces is too big.

Also, is your char level 100 already? for 99% of ppl playing PoE the term "build" - is something you play at level 65-85

Getting Maligos and losing another piece with HP? that just would make your %max life nodes worse and worse.

For mana spending I'd propose using lvl 15-16 clarity on blood magic, with 2 mana regeneration items it would be regenerating fine. But option viable only for barrage as CoC-trigger.

There should be some option to make such build working on hp-armor(or ES-armor) defence-based character making vaal pact leech life from EK. But would be hard to reach %crit and %aps requirements.

Anyway it's just my understanding of the build and game-play based on my experience. I might be doing something wrong or not optimal :p
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

looks the same lacking of %crit/%as but also picking hp nodes upstairs and then not picking hp nodes near vaal pact is illogical. Then again picking 15% crit nodes, but not picking 25% nodes?
"
kefirhl wrote:
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:

looks the same lacking of %crit/%as but also picking hp nodes upstairs and then not picking hp nodes near vaal pact is illogical. Then again picking 15% crit nodes, but not picking 25% nodes?

I know about level 85-90, I think you dont read. I said you can leave out a lot of luxury / unneccessary / extra hp nodes in first tree, and second tree i posted was good for level 90

Instead of judging, optimise it. All you do is judge non stop

clarity on bm sucks - you lose hp, and clarity is rendered usless on half and no regen. Maybe mana is ok without thief's torment and with surgeons flask anyway. If not, its quite a hurdle indeed.

And you can get crit chance on ammy, quiver, rings, its not far from op's original crit chance either. He had like 30 more cc? And my tree is all global cc, not bow cc mixed in. Theres only a little less ias, speed is fast enough with quill rain. I prefer survival over glass cannon.

I mentioned maligaro as option, if you dont want dont take it.

It will always have streaks of non dmg because the base crit on quill rain is 5%, you know how much cc you need to get it to reliably crit? learn to use diamond flasks and cw well.
Last edited by ancalagon3000 on Jan 22, 2014, 6:12:03 AM
w/e, i'm out of discussion with you if you treat my arguments and actual suggestions as you call "judging".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info