[0.10.0] HP/ES Spork Shadow Battle Mage (Twinkle twinkle deadly Sparks!) [Videos included]

Love the build Invalesco but when i hit 31 and felt how OP(yes i said op)spork totems are i knew i had to get a 2nd totem.

with 2 totems i can play so safe i felt i didnt need GR, i'm 78 in hc clearing maps with ease

Character: Zoldyck
"
heatzz wrote:
@Invalesco

1)Any idea how Cast Speed interact with Cast Time?
2)What does it mean it mean by "Cast Per Second"?

Is Cast Speed better or Crit chance a better option?

1) Well if your cast time is 1 second, a 100% increased cast speed will basically reduce it to 0.5 second.
2) Casts per second is basically 1 second divided by your Cast Time.

Personally, I prefer cast speed because more casts = more sparks = higher chance of forked sparks bouncing back and hitting the monster. However, increased cast speed will also mean a higher rate of mana drain, so it does have its drawbacks too!

"
spaulding wrote:
Love the build Invalesco but when i hit 31 and felt how OP(yes i said op)spork totems are i knew i had to get a 2nd totem.

with 2 totems i can play so safe i felt i didnt need GR, i'm 78 in hc clearing maps with ease

Character: Zoldyck

Nice, that's a solid looking build! good distribution of points enroute to the double totem. yup, GR isn't really necessary, just a novelty choice depending on playstyle, and double totems would be safer especially vs reflect mobs as well. gratz on hitting level 78 in HC! :)
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Invalesco wrote:

Personally, I prefer cast speed because more casts = more sparks = higher chance of forked sparks bouncing back and hitting the monster. However, increased cast speed will also mean a higher rate of mana drain, so it does have its drawbacks too!

Here's my Cast Speed build:

Ye, not sure if it works well, maybe I'm too focus on bringing down the cast time for Spark Totem, but I thought of using Inner force to bump up my Auras(Determination & Clarity), Blood Rage & Granite Flask.

Had more INT which in turns more Mana pool, maybe add in a Mana Leech for my Arc for mobs while a Mana Pot for boss to spam mass Sparks.
Last edited by heatzz on Dec 19, 2012, 8:10:55 PM
"
heatzz wrote:
"
Invalesco wrote:

Here's my Cast Speed build:

Ye, not sure if it works well, maybe I'm too focus on bringing down the cast time for Spark Totem, but I thought of using Inner force to bump up my Auras(Determination & Clarity) and Blood Rage.

Had more INT which in turns more Mana pool, maybe add in a Mana Leech for my Arc for mobs while a Mana Pot for boss to spam mass Sparks.

that's a creative attempt to get more cast speed. and ya if you find yourself lacking in mana, mana leech linked with your main is always a good option :)
Build of the Week 14
A noob question here:

Some passives like Doom Cast say % Critical Strike Chance for Spells, while others like Bloodthirst just say % Critical Strike Chance.

For spell damage like Spark, does that mean Bloodthirst will not work to increase my damage?
"
A noob question here:

Some passives like Doom Cast say % Critical Strike Chance for Spells, while others like Bloodthirst just say % Critical Strike Chance.

For spell damage like Spark, does that mean Bloodthirst will not work to increase my damage?

Critical Strike Chance affects everything, while Critical Strike Chance for Spells only affects spells.

Bear in mind that the critical strike chance stat on weapons will only affect attacks made with that weapon, unless it says GLOBAL critical strike chance.
Last edited by carkasjak on Dec 20, 2012, 4:16:01 AM
"
carkasjak wrote:
"
A noob question here:

Critical Strike Chance affects everything, while Critical Strike Chance for Spells only affects spells.

Bear in mind that the critical strike chance stat on weapons will only affect attacks made with that weapon, unless it says GLOBAL critical strike chance.

Thank you! I really appreciate the quick answer :)
u think it works with a witch aswell? or should i play an shadow for this build, i could cause the skilltree is similar.

does it even matter?

did i miss something? with 5 points in crit dmg

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB37CCEEGWB6UC40myLJzBtOTsdhF-rx8CNsXYJKcIj0aBSbI4Zk_Q0JuhZ73ub1crVa5Eq4-mLR-NGeAS3YxtGZ2uGmzkIo5k96a2-sHzw22io3_GwcWIQvIdLL8Rlp2j_KsOSOOEwFFw1XBSXfJ-M6SRE56MNuUZtDjW0dIZKlsdFPrSZp7AGlnzWissp6Py-_XVT953O-G71hFQ4venK4t6B2NzU8BUflkVUNrdtvcRLxXn8Gtzsy-dFvMmPIhrNj2lyylPgpvsODrYTdiMdg_E3Mc7fFqmuMrz6ha_

or this with 5 points in 5x6% more light dmg

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB37CCEEGWB6UC40myLJzBtOTsdhF-rx8CNsXYJKcIj0aBSbI4Zk_Q0JuhZ73ub1crVa5Eq4-mLR-NGeAS3YxtGZ2uGmzkIo5k96a2-sHzw22io3_GwcWIQvIdLL8Rlp2j_KsOSOOEwFFw1XBSXfJ-M6SRE56MNuUZtDjW0dIZKlsdFPrSZp7AGlnzWissp6Py-_XVT953O-G71hFQ4venK4t6B2NzU8BUflkVUNrdtvcRLxXn8Gtzsy-dFvMmPIhrNj2lyylPgpvsODrYTdiMdvPqFr_Vdcy38s7mTNlf

or either of them and going with gr

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB37CCEEGWB6UC40myLJzBtOTsdhF-rx8CNsXYJKcIj0aBSbI4Zk_Q0JuhZ73ub1crVa5Eq4-mLR-NGeAS3YxtGZ2uGmzkIo5k96a2-sHzw22io3_GwcWIQvIdLL8Rlp2j_KsOSOOEwFFw1XBSXfJ-M6SRE56MNuUZtDjW0dIZKlsdFPrSZp7AGlnzWissp6Py-_XVT953O-G71hFQ4venK4t6B2NzU8BUflkVUNrdtvcRLxXn8Gtzsy-dFvMmPIhrNj2lyylPgpvsODrYTdiMdvPqFr9e-o_62-dHBl9q

i spend all points, want a build for openbeta
Last edited by DreamAwaken on Dec 24, 2012, 7:51:30 PM
"
Dreamm wrote:
u think it works with a witch aswell? or should i play an shadow for this build, i could cause the skilltree is similar.

does it even matter?

did i miss something? with 5 points in crit dmg

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB37CCEEGWB6UC40myLJzBtOTsdhF-rx8CNsXYJKcIj0aBSbI4Zk_Q0JuhZ73ub1crVa5Eq4-mLR-NGeAS3YxtGZ2uGmzkIo5k96a2-sHzw22io3_GwcWIQvIdLL8Rlp2j_KsOSOOEwFFw1XBSXfJ-M6SRE56MNuUZtDjW0dIZKlsdFPrSZp7AGlnzWissp6Py-_XVT953O-G71hFQ4venK4t6B2NzU8BUflkVUNrdtvcRLxXn8Gtzsy-dFvMmPIhrNj2lyylPgpvsODrYTdiMdg_E3Mc7fFqmuMrz6ha_

or this with 5 points in 5x6% more light dmg

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB37CCEEGWB6UC40myLJzBtOTsdhF-rx8CNsXYJKcIj0aBSbI4Zk_Q0JuhZ73ub1crVa5Eq4-mLR-NGeAS3YxtGZ2uGmzkIo5k96a2-sHzw22io3_GwcWIQvIdLL8Rlp2j_KsOSOOEwFFw1XBSXfJ-M6SRE56MNuUZtDjW0dIZKlsdFPrSZp7AGlnzWissp6Py-_XVT953O-G71hFQ4venK4t6B2NzU8BUflkVUNrdtvcRLxXn8Gtzsy-dFvMmPIhrNj2lyylPgpvsODrYTdiMdvPqFr_Vdcy38s7mTNlf

or either of them and going with gr

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB37CCEEGWB6UC40myLJzBtOTsdhF-rx8CNsXYJKcIj0aBSbI4Zk_Q0JuhZ73ub1crVa5Eq4-mLR-NGeAS3YxtGZ2uGmzkIo5k96a2-sHzw22io3_GwcWIQvIdLL8Rlp2j_KsOSOOEwFFw1XBSXfJ-M6SRE56MNuUZtDjW0dIZKlsdFPrSZp7AGlnzWissp6Py-_XVT953O-G71hFQ4venK4t6B2NzU8BUflkVUNrdtvcRLxXn8Gtzsy-dFvMmPIhrNj2lyylPgpvsODrYTdiMdvPqFr9e-o_62-dHBl9q

i spend all points, want a build for openbeta

it doesn't really matter if you play as a witch or shadow because the end-game skill trees will be very similar. If you want double totem though, Witch might be better and if you want GR, shadows might be better. That said, OB might come with alot of changes so don't put too much effort into planning just yet!
Build of the Week 14
I personally prefer Shadow for just about any caster build, namely for three reasons: efficient use of projectile damage (which improves off element and even added chaos damage, though this is more relevant for phys builds as it also improves added ele damage from auras and item mods, it is essentially an additional "spell damage" mod for casters, it does allow him to stack much more early game dps), gem rewards (you can get most spells you want by playing a witch for 5 minutes then rerolling shadow, who has access to most of the support gem rewards you want), and using Blood Rage +1 frenzy charge for even more faster casting. Admittedly, my trees always wind up dipping into the witch tree for ES and mana regen, it's just a lot easier (imo) to progress as a Shadow.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info