[0.10.0] HP/ES Spork Shadow Battle Mage (Twinkle twinkle deadly Sparks!) [Videos included]

Only problem I'm really running into at this point is survivability in Merciless..

Not entirely sure if I should be using defensive stats on shields and whatnot because currently at level 59 I'm using mainly ES items and stuff.

Also, other than spork and spork totem - what other abilities should I be using w/ this build regularly?

Because I just drop totem and run around atm. ;p
Hey guys, and hey Invalesco

My Level 68 Hardcore Spork Shadow just died to Merciless Vaal (SPOILER: Rocks DO hurt! 3*1.1k Damage, yeh, call me a noob).

I wanted to thank you for a very awesome guide and build, it worked fine for me, even if it wasn't as easy as I expected it to be.

Will go on with a Hardcore Elemental Bow Duellist, good luck everyone :).
Hi, what do you think about such build:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYA3nfVTxXn8Gtzs4w2E56kkX4zXfJw1cBR8-pwUutjmZq29xEv44QOSPv1tDjW0Spb0hkRlp2j_KvsGMNtwcV_xi-dFvMmPKKjD8Tcxzt8Wqa4yo_62-dHBsLsX2q0xSsKwQDbGhB79Uu-Oiy_wfNtGS0fjRngEt2MTLMEBx8Cfq92ETbF2CSnCI9G0NCboWe97m874eL3pyuLeoFJsjhmT52uGmzkIo5k96a2-rUEXcZG193zYG0pT-w4OthN2Ix2u9YRUOaBB2NXK7iTDH0Qf8aeiGs=

Vaal pact is that good with CI, and i have to find 2 more points to get it, or i can use remaining skills for Str\Dex nodes, or for 32% more Energy Shield? I prefer first, to lvl gems higher, but not sure if ES will be good enough.

And what should i take from Normal bandits? Mana, res, or skill point? And cast speed is really that great, if you can take some more shields with these skill points, and just use Haste aura?

I just started, so any tips you can give, i'll be glad to take :D And thx for awesome guides you do! They help new players like me big time.

Edit: What do you think about switching Fork to Chain later, or it won't work? Or even Chain+Fork?

Edit 2: At first i didn't thought about making it CI buid, and took Life from bandits, i'm lvl 45 atm, can i live with that, or i have to reroll? I don't wanna for sure :D
Last edited by Kurokage on Feb 4, 2013, 6:11:55 PM
love em sparks @__@
My shop - Default League
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/121871

IGN: CarnalDesire
So I've got a Quill Rain. Is it better to use that and a 4L totem and 3L Spark or just keep using my 1h+shield? Tooltip claims around 50DPS more with 1h+shield than Quill Rain, but is the projectile speed and attack speed an outweighing factor for this build?
Last edited by hext on Feb 6, 2013, 5:31:10 AM
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBAcOSA_EEHsRLxFQEZYTnhXnFvMabBzcHRQd2R8CJjwpTysKLR8vnTbFOtg7fDvhQ1RG10k6TLNN2E-_WqZdxl3yYG1jQ2ZPZ71tGXBScNVzs3WKdhF-M35Zfq9_xoFJgpuIQohri3qMNox2jRmOZI9GmK2ZmpuhnaOdrqKjpJGnCKcrsji0xbUEtve2-rjKu9a-OsBRwQDBtMHFwfPC7MNtzLfQ0NQF1U_Vddgk2xrcx92M3fPed-AS4vfjhOQi5OzrY-wY7Djub_Br8XbyHfLO8uHz6vVL96b8q_3P

hey can you tell me if this build will work, i want dual wands. thanks for your builds
Hi, I'm relatively new to the game and I'm trying this build.
Everything seems clear but I have no idea what weapon I should wield for it.
Should I use a dagger or a wand. Also should I dual wield or use a shield?
Thanks in advance :)
What do you think about respec-ing the early Nullification way to get deeper at templar-nodes?

I don't see them useful, to be honest. I think just getting Life around the whole tree would be better than expending nodes on that.

Something like this

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBAcHYwj0DkgPxBGWE54V5xZvFvMZhRo4GmwfAiQ8JKomPCaVJ6kpTy0fL50xiDbFNuk62Dt8O-FG10lRTLNN2FVLVcZabVqmXcZd8mBtZk9nvW0ZbXtw1XNTc7N2EXkDfjN-WX6vf8aBSYt6jDaMdo0ZjmSPRpBVm6Gdo52uoqOkkacIpyunXKeEsji1BLb6uMrAUcBUwfPPZdDQ1U_YJNzH3Yzd89534BLi9-Nq44TkIuw47m_wa_F28-r3pvyr8NlJO3J-HNzjn9QZvJ_sGHBSFr-P-tvnqnwnL7Sj
Last edited by uit on Feb 7, 2013, 7:20:29 PM
"
DarkKaine wrote:
Hi, I'm relatively new to the game and I'm trying this build.
Everything seems clear but I have no idea what weapon I should wield for it.
Should I use a dagger or a wand. Also should I dual wield or use a shield?
Thanks in advance :)

Just use whatever weapon has higher %spell damage or global crit chance and gives you higher spell DPS :)

"
hext wrote:
So I've got a Quill Rain. Is it better to use that and a 4L totem and 3L Spark or just keep using my 1h+shield? Tooltip claims around 50DPS more with 1h+shield than Quill Rain, but is the projectile speed and attack speed an outweighing factor for this build?

Yes, the projectile speed will help. Just use your 4L quill rain for now till you find a very nice wand upgrade.

"
uit wrote:
What do you think about respec-ing the early Nullification way to get deeper at templar-nodes?

I don't see them useful, to be honest. I think just getting Life around the whole tree would be better than expending nodes on that.

sure! just go for whatever you find suitable for your build/playstyle :) there's no need to follow my build to the letter
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Kurokage wrote:
Hi, what do you think about such build:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYA3nfVTxXn8Gtzs4w2E56kkX4zXfJw1cBR8-pwUutjmZq29xEv44QOSPv1tDjW0Spb0hkRlp2j_KvsGMNtwcV_xi-dFvMmPKKjD8Tcxzt8Wqa4yo_62-dHBsLsX2q0xSsKwQDbGhB79Uu-Oiy_wfNtGS0fjRngEt2MTLMEBx8Cfq92ETbF2CSnCI9G0NCboWe97m874eL3pyuLeoFJsjhmT52uGmzkIo5k96a2-rUEXcZG193zYG0pT-w4OthN2Ix2u9YRUOaBB2NXK7iTDH0Qf8aeiGs=

Vaal pact is that good with CI, and i have to find 2 more points to get it, or i can use remaining skills for Str\Dex nodes, or for 32% more Energy Shield? I prefer first, to lvl gems higher, but not sure if ES will be good enough.

And what should i take from Normal bandits? Mana, res, or skill point? And cast speed is really that great, if you can take some more shields with these skill points, and just use Haste aura?

I just started, so any tips you can give, i'll be glad to take :D And thx for awesome guides you do! They help new players like me big time.

Edit: What do you think about switching Fork to Chain later, or it won't work? Or even Chain+Fork?

Edit 2: At first i didn't thought about making it CI buid, and took Life from bandits, i'm lvl 45 atm, can i live with that, or i have to reroll? I don't wanna for sure :D

It looks good to me! To be honest, you won't need vaal pact as a spork caster. You can stay safe and avoid taking damage anyway while your totem and you are filling the room with sparks, so I won't advise going for VP. Just grab more ES and you should be fine. I've always liked the skill point option for normal bandit quests
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info