The free PoE Razer footprints effect offer is NO LONGER available!

"
pneuma wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
There's still bitching on the forum about "in-game advertising," as if this is so in-your-face that it's intolerable.

Some people's "victimhood" is more important than giving other people the choice to have and to use something like this, or not to. ='[.]'=

There is an /ignore function but not a way to /ignore blatant real-world visual advertising in-game.

It's not about denying anyone their god-given right to shit on other people's gameplay, only that GGG is inconsistent about what gameplay-shitting they allow the player to /ignore.

Enjoy your bump for your quixotic quest to convince everyone in the world that their opinions are wrong.

I rest my case.

Getcher Razer footprints MTX, FREE, and shit on other people's gameplay! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
There's still bitching on the forum about "in-game advertising," as if this is so in-your-face that it's intolerable.

Some people's "victimhood" is more important than giving other people the choice to have and to use something like this, or not to. ='[.]'=

There is an /ignore function but not a way to /ignore blatant real-world visual advertising in-game.

It's not about denying anyone their god-given right to shit on other people's gameplay, only that GGG is inconsistent about what gameplay-shitting they allow the player to /ignore.

Enjoy your bump for your quixotic quest to convince everyone in the world that their opinions are wrong.

I rest my case.

Getcher Razer footprints MTX, FREE, and shit on other people's gameplay! =^[.]^=

And dont forget theyre actually FREE if you can believe it!! OMG, you all gotta get yourself some of these, for every char a pair. :)

That means i need 25 more. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Yes, it is a very contentious issue. I believe it's highly subjective to personal preference and that is often in my belief an easy target to start conflict.

As Raycheeta mentioned, people can often leave short sharp remakes on their view about this mtx and what it represents for them. It's probably not all that apparent in how they choose to reply (this is only my interpretation), but I don't believe that others who disagree with this mtx want to neglect those from having the chance to access this real world advertising mtx.

I can appreciate the fact that it's free, and that people are being made aware that this option is still available. But for those like myself, who either despise forced advertising or find it immersion breaking, it would be great to have another option. Now please keep in mind, that this topic is highly subjective and what you might not find a big deal can be quite the opposite to someone else.

Now I do understand that this is another way for GGG, to support PoE in it's continued development. However, if it would ever be possible to pay a certain sum to remove this from my experience of PoE, I would certainly do so. I don't ever expect this as an option, as it would need to account for every likely person encountered on a daily basis running the mtx. This would then need to take into account the length of the icon view time and other aspects to find an approximate value to charge those the do not wish to see the advert in game. No static amount of money would cover it, as it's a continued advertisement and in due time would exceeded money/recognition that Razor would otherwise receive. Thus we would need the possible likes of an ongoing subscription fee to remove the visibility for those who would like a sole game experience.

"
Get off your high horse and have some respect for GGG. Unless you can give them a few millions out of your pocket and pay their bills you have no right to judge what they put in the game to make money from.

And thx for the bump, sugar. ;)

I think this segment insinuates a lot, that somehow he's riding a cloaked white nights dream to camelot and back for just stating his difference of opinion, and including while an expensive option, still an option to the solution. As consumers of their product we have every right to judge as well. People will judge regardless of experience it's better to judge with experience than to battle without. The last comment on that line, well it speaks of its own volume I don't need to explain. This is a common running theme in your posts, to try and be as passive and aggressive as possible about the way you reply, it's disrespectful and instantly antagonizing. If you cannot understand your own actions, then you won't understand this reply.
#NeverGoing90
Last edited by TwistedTrip on Jun 24, 2014, 9:19:48 PM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

I rest my case.

What do you rest your case on Ray? At no point did he declare that he wishes to deny others of this mtx. If you could look a little deeper, he is talking about equality.

Your first quote only reinforces my genuine concern for your forum position. I believe you lack the foresight and the understanding to engage a range of people on their viewpoints, even if they can't communicate in a respectful manner, you should be able to and take the appropriate action when it isn't instead of retaliating with verbal abuse.
#NeverGoing90
^What do you care? By posting on this thread to pass judgement on my lack forum etiquette is... Well, it's what it is. And it's not what this thread is about.

For anyone interested in the particulars of this pointless debate, revisit especially pages 33-36 of this thread. You will find insinuations that to use the MTX in public shows a lack of empathy and compassion, and that to defend their public use constitutes prideful rudeness. Yeah, we're all assholes on this thread, out to shit on other people's gameplay. It couldn't possibly be that we like the MTX, and want to keep it in the awareness of the community, so other people who might be interested in it won't miss out. Or, that some of us take poorly to people who want us to bow to their offense at something they can easily ignore.

Anyway, as I said on page 36, before people with no positive interest in this thread returned to stir shit up, let's not derail the thread even more, folks.

Let's just get back to making people who might like to use 'em aware of the free Razer Footprints microtransaction. Anybody who doesn't like 'em doesn't have to use 'em, or look at 'em. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
^What do you care? By posting on this thread to pass judgement on my lack forum etiquette is... Well, it's what it is. And it's not what this thread is about.

For anyone interested in the particulars of this pointless debate, revisit especially pages 33-36 of this thread. You will find insinuations that to use the MTX in public shows a lack of empathy and compassion, and that to defend their public use constitutes prideful rudeness. Yeah, we're all assholes on this thread, out to shit on other people's gameplay. It couldn't possibly be that we like the MTX, and want to keep it in the awareness of the community, so other people who might be interested in it won't miss out. Or, that some of us take poorly to people who want us to bow to their offense at something they can easily ignore.

Anyway, as I said on page 36, before people with no positive interest in this thread returned to stir shit up, let's not derail the thread even more, folks.

Let's just get back to making people who might like to use 'em aware of the free Razer Footprints microtransaction. Anybody who doesn't like 'em doesn't have to use 'em, or look at 'em. =^[.]^=

Lol, you get'em Ray.

Edit: You're right it is what it is, and that is why it is so surprising. If you choose to throw away comments that denote your style of communication then that is your business. It's just a shame that other people have to share that business when they need support in the forums, I'm sure I will always consider you a first if I need help.

Previously, I had stated that not everyone who shares their distaste for this mtx will be able to communicate in a sensible fashion. There will always be people who point to the extreme, if you can't identify those people and instead set them as the example by which you view all comments of difference then of course you will always have problems.

At no point did I assume you are out to 'shit' on other peoples gameplay. I understand you like it and you want to share that with other possible people that would enjoy it. I'm not asking you to bow to anything, that is your conclusion and you can't speak for others as this is an mtx you enjoy so you wouldn't understand the concept of being able to 'easily ignore' it.

All the information to provide people with the mtx is on the first page, as you constantly remind people every post from here is a bump. I'm sorry you see it as derailing, take care Ray.
#NeverGoing90
Last edited by TwistedTrip on Jun 24, 2014, 11:07:18 PM
LOL!

Getcher pulsating, green, serpentine footprints MTX, FREE! =^[.]^=
"
TwistedTrip wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Lol, you get'em Ray.

Edit: You're right it is what it is, and that is why it is so surprising. If you choose to throw away comments that denote your style of communication then that is your business. It's just a shame that other people have to share that business when they need support in the forums, I'm sure I will always consider you a first if I need help.

Previously, I had stated that not everyone who shares their distaste for this mtx will be able to communicate in a sensible fashion. There will always be people who point to the extreme, if you can't identify those people and instead set them as the example by which you view all comments of difference then of course you will always have problems.

At no point did I assume you are out to 'shit' on other peoples gameplay. I understand you like it and you want to share that with other possible people that would enjoy it. I'm not asking you to bow to anything, that is your conclusion and you can't speak for others as this is an mtx you enjoy so you wouldn't understand the concept of being able to 'easily ignore' it.

All the information to provide people with the mtx is on the first page, as you constantly remind people every post from here is a bump. I'm sorry you see it as derailing, take care Ray.

I love how youre avatar looks like its hugging people. :)

Thx for bumps, we need more of those.
Free internet hugs + Razer footprints!!1
Adventuring like a boss with Razer footprints.

Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info