pabrt's Critical Mass Discharger 1.2 (molten strike coc)

"
EqualsAwesome wrote:
impressive build, couple of questions:

Since most if not all of your main dmg comes from the Discharge, why dont you take some Spell dmg nodes / gear? and maybe a oucple more Power charge Nodes? there are 2 a couple of nodes away from your path
Good questions! Spell damage is certainly fine on gear, but as a passive it is wasted points. The build already does a ton of damage without investing any points into more spell damage nodes, it is more important to have a consistent discharge when entering a pack and against bosses, as well as having more life to survive reflect/smashes.

Power Charge nodes seem like a no-brainer, but the only time you should really be at the cap is against groups where your discharge crits give you many charges. Against single targets you should almost always be discharging before you reach the cap (i am currently at 5).

Logically, every time you crit you get a charge (and sometimes two from discharge crits), but only have a chance to spend your charges. So you can figure out that statistically given your cast on crit % getting more power charges will not help on single targets.

The reason I am only talking about improving against single targets is that this build will never have any trouble with groups of enemies, ever, even with 0 investment into aoe/charge nodes.

uploading a dominus kill with prismatic eclipse soon, and maybe a map also
Last edited by pabrt on Nov 14, 2013, 9:27:17 PM
How is the damage with and without voll's devotion amulet ? I'm using a similar discharge on crit build (with cyclone though, as i like to move around the battlefield), however i don't have the amulet yet. While i'm clearing groups just fine, i find my dps vs bosses really awful, sometimes i can't even go through a life regen boss or it takes me up to several minutes... I discharge a lot but with only power charges, the damage is low.

Buying the amulet would be a big investment for me (pretty much all i have lol) so i'd like to make sure it really makes a difference, or if your damage comes from another combo i missed :/
Voll's Devotion adds a lot of damage. I'd say just under 50%.

dominus kill with prismatic eclipse: http://youtu.be/5eAtdX8FmDg
"
pabrt wrote:
Voll's Devotion adds a lot of damage. I'd say just under 50%.
dominus kill with prismatic eclipse: http://youtu.be/5eAtdX8FmDg

Awesome ! You take all your flask once with 1 touch : it's the configuration of your mouse ?

Thx
After watching the video i was about to ask the same question, do you use a mouse macro or something for the flasks ?
Yes, I use a steelseries mouse with the macroable side buttons :)

You could also setup a macro with Autohotkey but that's more cumbersome.
did you respec to DW? can you share your current build?
Oh yeah I did respec to dual wield, to use

My current build as life is:

I am currently plotting out a CI build, as I feel it might be more effective. Other than the life/ES nodes the build would be very similar. I will have to get all new gear though!

edit: I am reading that it is possible to find a jade flask on nemesis and die to transfer it to standard. If that's true I will do that and grab IR + Grace and go CI. edit2: got the flask, gonna need a loooot of regrets :(

Actually I might be too lazy to switch all my gear and spend 30+ regrets, going to just spend 2 points into IR and call it a day...

Uploading a dominus kill with jade flask/grace/IR. I'm at 53k armor, his smash did 900 damage haha. Although the timing is weird because Jade flasks use 40 charges per drink...

http://youtu.be/SM6VUoQST2s
Last edited by pabrt on Nov 15, 2013, 5:32:40 AM
"
pabrt wrote:

Thanx, but all the nodes you take which increase critical strike with Daggers (Nightstalker / From the shadows) don't apply to this weapon (sword), yes ?
Double strike only uses your mainhand, therefore it doesn't matter what your crit is with your offhand.

If you use cyclone or some other skill you cannot use prismatic eclipse.
Last edited by pabrt on Nov 15, 2013, 2:01:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info