pabrt's Critical Mass Discharger 1.2 (molten strike coc)

Thinking about doing this build in Domination.

I've got this gear ready to go. Is this still viable without Voll's neck?
Yes this build is viable in domination but you need two dagger with crit/spell damage and some crit multiplier for your dps to be good. I've been doing map for quite some time but it really is a challenge(70+ map) even with full granit/jade it can still be really dangerous.
I also advise to take vaal pack when you have good dps on your discharge to avoid one shot on reflect mob,lighting thorn and reflect shrine.
Last edited by m3325xb on Dec 11, 2013, 4:36:42 PM
"
surVfate wrote:
With the new Barrage Skill about to out (thank pabrt for head up), I think Voll's Protector 4L could be super useful to Discharge and very cheap to make the build viable for low on currency people (like me).

Theorycraft it:

Spoiler
4L Voll: Barrage - CoC - Discharge - Life Leech - (If 5L then you could add one of these: Accuracy/LMP/GMP/Fork/Pierce/or Mana Leech since it's a wand Skill it doubt it's gonna cost litle Mana)

For who want to refund at little to try this, we could Dual Wield Wand (Wand have the highest crit chance I tell ya :P) and just refund the point of Dagger and take Global Crit node instead. The node you spent into Dual Wield Crit still workout that way.

My first attempt is something like this: (thank m3325xb for the tree that viable without Voll's Devotion)

Then again, if you have 20% Quality Life Leech already, I think there's a node we never thought about - Bullying:

So why Bullying? Since we crit so so much, and we have to come a bit close in order to Discharge effectively, so with Knock Back on crit we could interupt enemy attack which could save us from some dangerous moment, anyway there are just theorycraft... but I think I could work fairly well.

Gears: Since wand got good Crit already and not many Wand got Global Crit anyway, and we took Global Crit node alot too, I'd say go with wand that have Spell Crit in Main Hand and Spell Damage and Spell Crit Multiplier in Off Hand. It good to have good movement Boot too since you can't Whirling Blade and idk if Lighning Warp work good here...

BTW, I just bought this cheap yesterday:

----------
For who stuck with 4L Voll and don't plan to get Barrage anytime soon, I have a way to Discharge safely, we need a simple setup with Spectral Throw + Single Double Strike + Whirling Blade

4L Voll: Double Strike - CoC - Discharge - Life Leech
3L: Spectral Throw - LMP/GMP - Faster Projectile (to hit things farther)
And have Whirling Blade in whichever Socket you left.

Play Style: stand alway from mob packs, Spectral in their face, when you have around 3~4 Power Charge then Whirling Blade close up and Double Strike. Then Whirling Blade out if there still survival and repeat (especially bosses).

Mechanics Explain: Erm, since you don't have enough Attack Speed without Multistrike for Double Strike only we need to cover it with Crit Chance from Power Charge. So basically, you gonna have high Crit Chance when you closed up and Double Strike gonna be enough for proc Discharge.

EDIT: Still, If you can manage the mana cost of Cyclone, please don't read anything above, just use Cyclone in your 4L Voll. :P

Looks really cool.

Just one question: Why spell dmg over attack speed at starting point of scion?
Is that to compensate for Voll's Devotion damage?
I am using a build like this but with vaal Pact, but I read If I use lifeleech q20% vaal pact is not needed against reflect mobs, Is it true? any proof? It will give me a lot of points to spend on other nodes.
I'm curious as to how important attack speed is for the dagger for this build? I picked up this recently but it's lacking attack speed obviously and instead has a decent accuracy rating:

IGN: ParryHotter
Last edited by Jyos on Dec 13, 2013, 3:49:02 PM
"
reimbowl wrote:
I am using a build like this but with vaal Pact, but I read If I use lifeleech q20% vaal pact is not needed against reflect mobs, Is it true? any proof? It will give me a lot of points to spend on other nodes.
Vaal pact is true immunity to reflect/lightning thorns (if you have enough dmg). 20q leech combined with the build's high resists is extremely resistant to reflect/lightning thorns, but not immune.

"
Jyos wrote:
I'm curious as to how important attack speed is for the dagger for this build? I picked up this recently but it's lacking attack speed obviously and instead has a decent accuracy rating:

Attack speed is incredibly important because we have the multistrike more modifier + all the attack speed nodes scaling it. edit: of course you can use that dagger, though i'd look out for an upgrade
Last edited by pabrt on Dec 13, 2013, 7:27:03 PM
Need some advices on survivability and gear for my char on Domination.

Passives tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwIZw5IEZYS4Ra_F9gYPBzcHpQkPCaVJ6kotSo4LagxnjWSOuFAoEGHRnFJUUrITeNQQlVLWm1d8l76YEthIWKsY0Nte26qcFJwVnDVdO14DXrvfll_xoLkgwmE74hCiPGKr4w2kBGQG5MnkzqaE52jnaqeuaIuouqmV6c0p1ypbqw_rFmxkLQMtUi18rc-t9a9J76KwFHBxdA51p3YTdtZ29TcV-Lq44TnY-9O8XbyHfJF8-r56Pyr_gr-jw==

Next goal get "From the shadows" Dagger passives for attack speed and crit, later maybe life passives or go to power charge

Actual gear:
Spoiler

Im thinking on change boots, and get another I can colour witg 3 red and blue socket to put together cast on damage - enduring - molten - crit weak. Boots recommended to improve?
What about lvl of cast on damage for this skills?whats the best lvl to make it useful with this?
Any other opinion pls write it
"
reimbowl wrote:
Need some advices on survivability and gear for my char on Domination.

Passives tree:

Next goal get "From the shadows" Dagger passives for attack speed and crit, later maybe life passives or go to power charge

Actual gear:
Spoiler

Im thinking on change boots, and get another I can colour witg 3 red and blue socket to put together cast on damage - enduring - molten - crit weak. Boots recommended to improve?
What about lvl of cast on damage for this skills?whats the best lvl to make it useful with this?
Any other opinion pls write it
What is your crit rate at with 0 charges? I personally would drop rat's nest/maligaro's/rainbowstride in favor of rares with defensive stats.

Also you might consider replacing your shield (with prismatic or a dagger offhand) if you get your resists capped elsewhere.
Last edited by pabrt on Dec 15, 2013, 3:01:20 PM
Posting here again after playing around with different iteration of this build.

I am currently using/working towards this passive tree:
CI Discharger

The main thing I have redone completely is how I gain mana. I have swapped out the massive need for % leech on physical damage, simply because I was having a very hard time finding a decent phy-roll dagger.

For my mana needs I am using:

I also made sure that I shock more frequently by grabbing the "Shock" passive node in the top right corner, in order to activate the 5% mana leech on all damage from Berek's Grip.

This brings me to the other addition to my arsenal, I swapped out Prismatic for Ungil's Gauche.

I know this may sound strange, but the additional block and higher base attackspeed of Ungil's actually makes it really good. To make up for the lost attackspeed (Bringing me past 6 attacks/second) I take several attackspeed nodes.

The additional block nets me around ~50% total block, which is 12-13% spellblock (from Rainbowstride), actually helps quite a bit versus Lightning Thorns.

The 90% global crit makes me able to run Additional Accuracy instead of Increased Critical Strikes in my 6-link, lowering mana cost of double strike and removing the need for Accuracy on any of my items.

Over 50% block versus regular attacks is also quite a boost in defense.

Why Master of the Arena / 8% Increased Mana?
Master of the arena is mainly taken because of the 20 Strenght, which is hard to come by on my setup. The additional mana makes me able to run a level 1 Clarity in my Wolf Howl helmet, effectively doubling my mana regen.

Gladly taking input on my changes.
Last edited by Ravengaard on Dec 17, 2013, 2:35:48 AM
"
pabrt wrote:
What is your crit rate at with 0 charges? I personally would drop rat's nest/maligaro's/rainbowstride in favor of rares with defensive stats.

Also you might consider replacing your shield (with prismatic or a dagger offhand) if you get your resists capped elsewhere.

My crit in city is 63,3%, 2k armour and 3300 hp
Running only clarity lvl 19 for mana regen.

I bought shield cuz I was dying on physical dmg bosses, my resis are capped.I caould use prismatic or Ungils knife have both...but will lose resis and armour

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info