[1.0.1 Build] Fisting to immortality! (22k dps, 82-84% all res, 90-100% phys, ALL maps, cheap!)

FINALLY GOT MY BOR!

After hours of non stop grinding and OMG this thing is amazing I am blazing through content! MY resist are not at 80% however was looking on how I can reach that cap with the nerfs? and also I really preffer using the trigger gem with increased duration but I have no space for it on the gear only 3 linking the shield. IB DPS is 14.5k right now and I found a 20%Q IB last nite! lol so amazing!

Spoiler

Also got those 2% from perfect face breaks for 6 Chaos! lol
"
I wanted to design an endgame build that was both very powerful and didn't require one of the extremely expensive uniques

"
Gear Requirements: Facebreaker, Saffell's Frame, Bringer of Rain, and Meginord's Girdle are all required items

hrapvlesu, if you compare the price of a Bringer of Rain to an endgame 6L chest or weapon, or an endgame unique like Soul Taker, Lioneyes, etc, you'll find that this build is comparatively cheap.

Also note that you don't need to buy an endgame chest, belt, boots, gloves, or shield for this build... the only big hit is the Bringer of Rain.
IGN:Tyrion_Abhorsen
I've read through most of the posts in this thread and after seeing so many success stories I've decided to try this build out myself! I'm still new to the game so I have a few questions:

-Was it easy making your way through the content before having all of the required gear?

-Around what level should I expect to get Infernal Blow & The Fcaebreaker Gauntlets?

-Also, how hard is it to actually get all of the required gear and gems necessary for this build to be viable? The OP makes it sound really really easy, is this true?
Last edited by BloodyKharma on Nov 18, 2013, 11:18:51 AM
Hey fellow punchers - still tweaking, but I'm pretty sure I have the final 1.0.1 config in mind. I should be updating the front page today! Thanks for all the continued interest in this build!

Lelantos- Thanks for uploading the video! You're showcasing one of my favorite things about Saffell's Frame: taking a bath in the mass incinerate from Voidbearer packs. With 75% spell block, you'll be at max endurance charges from your Bringer of Rain in just a couple seconds. They tickle.

LostBearz- Facebreaker has a level requirement of 16, so toss that two-hander and start punching! One of the best things about the boxing gloves is that you can immediately start using Infernal Blow with them, and it is massively powerful at low levels. My pair is a 995% legacy set, but even with a high 700s roll you should be punching through early bosses like tissue paper. Load up IB-Multistrike-Splash-BM in a 4L and go wild!

rsrogers4- I'm glad you're enjoying ditching all the weaponry! I find that elemental reflect is very easy to deal with as long as you have a Dominating Blow gem for maps, it's just an afterthought to me now. As for the lack of mobility, you may notice that this build is actually very quick on its feet between 20% MS on the Strides, Leather and Steel, and the Haste Aura. There are times I wish I had lightning warp or leap slam for Cavern of Anger or whatnot, but them's the breaks of being basically naked.

gonefishin- You've hit on the exact reason I came up with this build. Even if you play a lot, and trade to get yourself a lot of wealth, endgame rares (especially 6L rares or 6L uniques) are ridiculously expensive, far moreso than everything in this build combined. I didn't feel like wasting my time with all of that, so I was very pleased to discover that people with very expensive characters were lol'ing all over chat at how quickly I could murder everything. As for your questions, you can absolutely use a Lioneye's Remorse or Daresso's Courage - I used a Lioneye's in an earlier version of this build - but keep in mind that your Saffell's Frame is what keeps you safe from magic, while IC and Endurance Charges keep you safe from phys attacks. Take away all that spell block and max resists, and you're asking for trouble against a lot of bosses; Dominus comes to mind. Le Heup is a nice ring, but you really want added physical damage on all your jewelery, trust me. As far as keeping your life up, you don't even need Warlord's Mark for that - the curse is just for gathering Endurance Charges. Your 2% life leech and life regen from the tree will keep you at full almost all of the time.

Recon775- It really is like turning on the afterburners when you put on the Bringer of Rain, isn't it? Have fun! :)

BloodyKharma- Thanks for all the questions! Making your way through the content will become easy as soon as you get a pair of Facebreakers and the 4L combo of Infernal Blow, Multistrike, Melee Splash, and Blood Magic. That combination alone should get you through Merciless with halfway decent gear that has added physical damage on it. I suggest that you have those items waiting for when you hit level 16. It is really not that hard to get the items you need for this build, but keep in mind that this is an endgame character, designed to run high-level maps and the hardest content the game has available. Bringer of Rain is not cheap, Legacy Facebreakers are very expensive if you want them, and Meginord's Girdle has had some massive price inflation going on. That having been said, what gonefishin said earlier is very true: this is probably the strongest build you can get for your currency. Plan accordingly.
Ruby light of Songbird dreaming,
Daring King of Swords deceiving,
Queen of Sirens left in grieving,
Star of Wraeclast evermore.
"
Xedralya wrote:

BloodyKharma- Thanks for all the questions! Making your way through the content will become easy as soon as you get a pair of Facebreakers and the 4L combo of Infernal Blow, Multistrike, Melee Splash, and Blood Magic. That combination alone should get you through Merciless with halfway decent gear that has added physical damage on it. I suggest that you have those items waiting for when you hit level 16. It is really not that hard to get the items you need for this build, but keep in mind that this is an endgame character, designed to run high-level maps and the hardest content the game has available. Bringer of Rain is not cheap, Legacy Facebreakers are very expensive if you want them, and Meginord's Girdle has had some massive price inflation going on. That having been said, what gonefishin said earlier is very true: this is probably the strongest build you can get for your currency. Plan accordingly.

Thanks for the speedy response! I have just one more question to ask for now, is their a specific Act or area where I can find the facebreakers...or do they just drop randomly no mater where you are?
If I already have BoR (lucky drop) the rest of the items shouldn't be that expensive, right? Considering to keep BoR if I reep, to use it and do this or a similar build.
Correct. On standard, Rainbow Striders (not mandatory) cost about 6 ex for a legacy item, and the mandatory Meginord's Gridle and Facebraker gloves should cost about 1.5 ex combined.
"
rsrogers4 wrote:
Correct. On standard, Rainbow Striders (not mandatory) cost about 6 ex for a legacy item, and the mandatory Meginord's Gridle and Facebraker gloves should cost about 1.5 ex combined.
What does ex stand for?
Ex = Exalted Orb.

And to answer your other question, unique drops are random. Specific uniques don't have a higher probability of dropping from a specific type of enemy or map location.
Last edited by rsrogers4 on Nov 18, 2013, 3:54:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info