[1.0.1 Build] Fisting to immortality! (22k dps, 82-84% all res, 90-100% phys, ALL maps, cheap!)

More great questions!

Manu and Hitreza- The -60 Chaos really isn't a problem, even on the most difficult maps. I've run multiple Shipyards and Shrines without a problem on this build, even facetanking Piety. Chaos damage is only a problem if you don't know what you're doing, it's easily avoided and/or absorbed by a health pool of 4k life. In my extensive endgame experience, chaos damage is not really all that lethal if you're paying attention; I.E. don't stand in that poison arrow cloud/alchemist bomb, have a portal open if you're fighting a viper strike exile. For the Bog and Wharf bosses, I'll sometimes sub in an Amethyst Flask for my Granite, but it's usually not necessary. You'll be murdering things far too quickly. No version of the Weaver boss fight, in or out of maps, can make me sweat. As far as the Rainbowstride goes, it's all about passive points and gear utility. With legacy Rainbowstrides, I get fantastic resistances and extra spell block - that extra spell block percentage means I can take less shield nodes on the tree. Now that the Strides have been nerfed, you might be better off with an armor-based rare with life and tri-res, but that's going to cost you. It's just a matter of preference.

Sirnizz- So glad you're enjoying the way of the fist! One of the biggest advantages of a Facebreaker infernal build is how easily you can level with it. The Bringer of Rain is definitely expensive - it will account for almost all of the currency you spend on this build if you don't get lucky and have one drop like I did. Trust me, when you put it on at 67, it's like going from a scooter to a fighter jet. I wouldn't think about an Abyssus - the damage will wreck you without a shield that can block attacks, and honestly, you should be saving the currency you'd use to get one for the Bringer of Rain.

Mayainverse- It's the rings and amulet that really make or break this build. I use res rings, since that's the most important thing to get, but I won't use one unless it has added physical damage on it. The ring I have linked in my gear section is a good example; it has mana regen, which is useless to me, but the rest of the rolls are pretty great. Life is a tertiary priority for me. You could ideally roll yourself two iron rings with extra phys, life, and all res if you wanted to - that would be an endgame prestige goal for this build to maximize damage. As for cost and survivability, I have yet to come across a build with more survivability than mine that doesn't have an astronomical cost. I have never owned a 6L that wasn't a Tabula Rasa, and like I said in my original post, I've owned a grand total of six exalts in my time playing. Could you make a build better than this one with legacy Shavronne's, legacy Soul Taker, Aegis Aurora, etc.? Sure you could. Would it be more powerful than mine? Probably, but not by much. Is it going to take a metric ton of currency to make that build? You bet. You can have mine, which is spectacularly strong against the most difficult enemies the game has to offer, for a fraction of the cost.

Edzilla- I think what you're saying here is that I should use Dominating Blow as my primary skill so I don't have to have such high resistances and can use a different shield? I don't use Dominating Blow as a primary skill because it's much weaker, has a very high mana cost, and lacks the insane clear speed of Infernal Blow due to the absence of the corpse detonation. More importantly, I don't have such high defenses to protect against myself - they're for the hardest enemies in the game who all use burst elemental damage via spells. Switching to Dom Blow for one map isn't a big deal to me, but with 94% lightning resist and 75% spell block by default, taking only 1.5% of Shrine Piety's overall lightning damage is a huge deal. With Enfeeble on, you're taking only 1% of total elemental damage from any single source you concentrate on. A spell doing a hundred-thousand damage will still only kill you one time out of four, if at all. Nothing hits that hard.

MrMort- You can use Facebreaker/Infernal as your primary source of damage through the whole game, and it doesn't require any passive point investment, so build your tree in whatever order you like. I usually go for the aura mana reduction nodes early, so I can take advantage of their benefits right away. You shouldn't have to take extra endurance charges until Merciless. Make sure your lightning resistance stays capped. Help Oak for all three bandit quests.
Ruby light of Songbird dreaming,
Daring King of Swords deceiving,
Queen of Sirens left in grieving,
Star of Wraeclast evermore.
Last edited by Xedralya on Nov 4, 2013, 3:09:01 PM
Since facebreakers adds so much crit multiplier, would it be worth it to consider empowering your crits and skip resolute technique?
msg/pm me if I've won any bids or want to contact for sales. @SteveDelucia
also, no beserking?
Fritz- Unarmed attacks have zero base crit chance, so the crit multiplier from the Facebreakers is actually useless. It's only there as an alternate use for the gloves if you don't want to run an unarmed build. As far as Berserking goes, I'd rather have a bunch more life than the attack speed, but that's personal preference. My DPS is plenty high enough right where it is, but you can never be too death-proof.
Last edited by Xedralya on Nov 5, 2013, 1:05:30 AM
makes sense, thanks.
Hail Xed! I too have started the ways of the facebreaking-fist and most definitely enjoying it. But I was wondering if you could breakdown the passives every 10 lvls if possible just the key points as in which direction on the "star-map" we should be headed first? I personally went to get resolute techniques then made my way down towards the duelist side I intend to do templar last but yes if you could help that would be great. Also, any recommendation what level each skill gem should stop at? or dont stop at all and go for maximum?

IGN: Vanagandr_Fenrir (Domination) || Vanadys_Fenrir (Nemesis)
Item Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/627484
I personally recommend (if you are playing on any hardcore league) that you try and get iron reflexes as fast as you can as it is a significant boost to armor like 200% more armor when combined with grace aura. but RT is really close and easy to get for a marauder and its really fucking anoying when you 1shot any mob that 20% of the time you miss so you attack run away becuase you think it will die then miss 3 times in a row.
thanks! I'm about ~19pts or so away from IR so I'll be sure to make my way there asap from now on before i finish act 3 & Dom.
IGN: Vanagandr_Fenrir (Domination) || Vanadys_Fenrir (Nemesis)
Item Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/627484
Hi, thanks for your build it really helped me but there is something i don't understand:
you can't block attacks with saffel's frame so what are the 15% block of the bringer of rain for?
Last edited by Volner on Nov 5, 2013, 8:41:44 PM
Hey Vanagandr!

Rather than telling you what to get at every level and every skillpoint (which I think is just unproductive), I'll give you loose advice- rush to Resolute Technique first, then focus on life and the aura mana reservation nodes. Once you get those, Iron Reflexes should be your next goal. From there, you should be getting into Merciless difficulty - that's the time to get Elemental Adaptation, your extra endurance charges, and all of the life regeneration nodes you can get your hands on.

I hope you're having as much fun punching things as I am!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info