Trade screen update and experience changes

nice to get a trade screen, just for the fact that we dont have to go outside town to trade, also lookin forward to group xp increase, i like workin with friends. and seeing as with this being closed beta, everyone seems to know everyone one way or another
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
Nice
I understand that you guys want to encourage people to play in parties, but why force people to play in a large group if they don't want to? what really is the big deal, some people like to solo, some dont..

Adding the /X players command would be a good idea in my opinion because you can challenge yourself vs harder enemies as if there were more people in the game.. you cant get this experience in a party because everyone is fighting the same mobs.

Maybe they should just add it to a maximum of /3 players or something like that, so it would still encourage to party with a larger group, and people who like to solo can still benefit from fighting slightly harder mobs on their own sometimes.
"
Maverickroll wrote:
Speaking of party size, any chance in the future once the Cut Throat league is fully available we could increase both party size and the number of players an instance can hold? Or is the lower numbers a requirement of the game engine?

Ever since I got my taste of Cut Throat (which is one of the main reasons I've fallen in love with PoE) I've envisioned these large battles for open pvp, which would help against too many people trying to group up on a small group since each instance can only hold so few.

The number of players in an instance is set to 6 for gameplay reasons. It always has been 12 in cut-throat.

"
Rnew1990 wrote:
I understand that you guys want to encourage people to play in parties, but why force people to play in a large group if they don't want to? what really is the big deal, some people like to solo, some dont..

Adding the /X players command would be a good idea in my opinion because you can challenge yourself vs harder enemies as if there were more people in the game.. you cant get this experience in a party because everyone is fighting the same mobs.

Map mods make the enemies harder for people that want a challenge - if they're not hard enough, please let us know :)

"
Lichalfred wrote:
The only problem at grouping for me is the items problem. I mean - have you seen those mountains of loot that drop on 70+ quantity maps with 6 people all of them having 60+ quantity - its literally IMPOSSIBLE to browse through this. I often found myself impossible to pick an item because its name string was off the screen, and when I move to find it I get so far away I cant see it anymore and instead see a gargantuan pile of other craploot.

It would be really nice if you cut those low ilvlv or badly linked items so that it becomes way less pain to group for maps. Or make that more players make the loot better, not more of it.

Not to mention the abundant amount of itemnames on a screen makes it harder to navigate especilly if you group with necro-witch or spark dual totem users.

Is this information current? We reduced the item drops for big parties substantially a few times in the 0.9.12 series of patches. If there are still massive piles of items then we can look into it further, but from what I can see on this end it's a lot better than before.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
"
Lichalfred wrote:
The only problem at grouping for me is the items problem. I mean - have you seen those mountains of loot that drop on 70+ quantity maps with 6 people all of them having 60+ quantity - its literally IMPOSSIBLE to browse through this. I often found myself impossible to pick an item because its name string was off the screen, and when I move to find it I get so far away I cant see it anymore and instead see a gargantuan pile of other craploot.

It would be really nice if you cut those low ilvlv or badly linked items so that it becomes way less pain to group for maps. Or make that more players make the loot better, not more of it.

Not to mention the abundant amount of itemnames on a screen makes it harder to navigate especilly if you group with necro-witch or spark dual totem users.

Is this information current? We reduced the item drops for big parties substantially a few times in the 0.9.12 series of patches. If there are still massive piles of items then we can look into it further, but from what I can see on this end it's a lot better than before.

At least in races, it's not a problem anymore, the difference was very noticeable. Went from alchemies out the butthole, to maybe 1 or 2 alcs and even struggling for whestones. Actually I think party drops were bugged for just the one race I recall us finding over a dozen alcs. Even portal scrolls are in pretty low supply for a couple hours.

Boss drops used to be huge dumps of items with 4/5 in a party, not any time recently though, actually it is somewhat disappointing most the time.
IGN @dime
Last edited by dime on Nov 9, 2012, 8:34:17 PM
Cool stuff! Trade screen sounds nice.
"I watch. I wonder. I create. I tear down."
-Sotha Sil
About da** time. XD

Joking aside, you guys have done everything with this game that anyone could possibly do with a game. You've started with a small, great idea. And you turned it into reality, one of promise and greatness. You guys have done everything correctly and performed beyond expectation on most, if not all levels.

Thanks for the amazing game, your dedication, and all of the hard work that entails both.

~Much Love.
"You're my Sword's canvas."
~Totes Adorbs.
"
Chris wrote:

It is, Chris. Yes the boss drops are quite manageble now, indeed. Though for blue/rare packs it becomes a serious issue. It often happens that the fight is not happening across all map, but is concentrated in few points and mobs are just coming there from all around - a prison map is a great example. There are the super-tight mob filled prison clusters, where all the fight happens at the entrance - and after its finally over the loot pile leaves no hope to manage.

And again - the whole thing applies to 6ppl 70+ quantity maps with iiq on everyone/high iiq lasthitter, apart from this its really easy to browse, thanks to recent patch changes.

"
Chris wrote:

Map mods make the enemies harder for people that want a challenge - if they're not hard enough, please let us know :)

Well not exactly. There are few mods that make the map itself a pain - like no regen/blood magic/reflect (for CI users). Mobs themselves are really, REALLY easy. You can group with some ppl doing maps routinely and see that for yourself. The map system has one hard point - getting the damn maps drop! So all the efforts are to get the currency to upgrade the map (iiq + getting maze/size/packsize) just to keep chaining maps, not fighting the hard mobs or figuring some sort of tactics or adjusting your gear to beat them.

In old betas Maelstrom of Chaos was a real challenge and only top-geared players could do it EASY, other had to pay a lot of attention to the situation not to die. Its not the case of the maps anymore (except for charging rhoas or shotgunning mages for melee builds).

In other words: maps have become a very intriguing and novel solution to an end-game problem (getting exp and uber-items), though they posess barely a challenge for the gameplay.
Last edited by Lichalfred on Nov 10, 2012, 1:53:06 AM
My biggest problem with closed beta is its difficulty level and hardcore is not it. I do not like how easy most of the monsters are and I wish there was a league that makes things difficult... for us to see if the pve game gets more challenging. I really like this game all together.
Experience bonuses for parties are nice, but you've still got a loot system that actively discourages many players from grouping. We've asked over and over for alternate loot options and now we need them even more badly.

Thanks for the trade screen. That's a much-needed addition. I'm really looking forward to the web-based trading.
Open beta is still BETA.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info