Trade screen update and experience changes

Considering /players X - already some players made multiple accounts with only purpose to keep them in the same instance as a main one. With reasonably average gear you can clear 6ppl Fellshrine or even maps as fast as 1ppl with the only movement speed limitation. The advantage is the better gear with no need for sharing, more orbs etc.
This is not so important now since this is a problem to make 5 more accounts and lvl them after each wipe, but wont be a smallest problem after PoE is in open beta.
This is barely of importance for newbies/casual players, but for people doing maps this will be vital (64+ maps consume chiesels and alchemys/scouring/chaos at alarming rate especially if no players are donating those). And I say I will have to do this since I value my time and the possibility to speed up currency farm by 200% is irresistable.

This kind of behaviour can not be considered as botting, exploiting or violating terms of service and thus prosecuted despite it places such a player in advantage to those who cant afford such due to low wallet/PC power/connection/too lazy.

So I'd conclude that "players /x" is a cheaper and more balanced alternative to the fake multi-accounting.
Last edited by Lichalfred on Nov 9, 2012, 7:00:57 AM
Chris, I love that you anticipate the "fear the worst" reaction from players.
DEXTERITY: How to rehaul it to be compelling
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/997273
Good stuff.

One question, are you planning to implement some more tools related to trade in the near future? Even simple trade chat channel (or two - for end game stuff and the rest) would go a long way.
Great news, this answers the question I had in the thread yesterday (regarding the trade screen).

It's sad that you aren't implementing a /players x command yet, but I multibox (and have something like 7 accounts at my disposal) so it's not an issue for me. It would be nice to see the playing field evened between those that have extra machines/accounts and those that don't, but I suppose that's what public parties are for, just go the other direction from the group.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Great news... Now let's start to make economy :-)
I love The GAME!!! i will spend spend spend and support 'till my pocket bleeds :)
Nice changes.

'/players x' was a great feature back then
I hope they soon implement here too as well.
„Never underestimate one's greediness.”
So we will be able to trade in town now!
"
Tomberry wrote:
So we will be able to trade in town now!

sure, after the according patch is applied in a couple of weeks or so.

is there already a thread where the new trading mechanics are discussed?
good, hope there will be some kind of sorting in the inventory also. You know, select all armor , weapons, gems & trinkets.
Okay, I am quite shocked over the comments about "/players x" command since people seems to have forgot a lot about it.

Firstly "/players x" command was never working in the BATTLE.NET of Diablo II because it was a single player feature only.

Secondly the command made you outlevel the mobs if you are playing solo, there is a very good reason that you just dont get a straight experience boost if you are playing in a party in poe.

Conclusion: it did Diablo II easier and was nothing more than a tool to reduce the time it took to level a new character in single player.

Getting a proper trading screen seems great : )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info