Oro's Ceaseless Discharger (Spectral Throw + Cast on Crit Discharge)

"
Perpetuation wrote:

for some reason, my discharge and spectral throws will just not go off when i crit.

You spam Spectral Throw to proc Discharge. Spectral Throw and Discharge won't go off by themselves. You have to use a spell linked to Cast on Critical, in this case, Spectral Throw to trigger another spell that's also linked to Cast on Critical, in this case, Discharge.

Why did you level your Spectral Throw? And why is your Discharge at level 1?

Pragmatheist - Nemesis
"
Cynixstar wrote:
"
Perpetuation wrote:

for some reason, my discharge and spectral throws will just not go off when i crit.

You spam Spectral Throw to proc Discharge. Spectral Throw and Discharge won't go off by themselves. You have to use a spell linked to Cast on Critical, in this case, Spectral Throw to trigger another spell that's also linked to Cast on Critical, in this case, Discharge.

I do spam spectral to get my crit...

*replace the knives for spec throw, using the gloves on a different character.

I had my spectral throws left over from other builds.

Cause the build isn't complete yet, still need a level quality CoDT and Discharge so i picked the only discharge i had to test it out.
not like i was running dom with it.

I spam spec throw, get my crits and charges, but i never discharge.
OFWGKTATurtle
MalevolentCreationist
"
Just level up some gems you might need once you get a 6L. Otherwise, you can put utility spells like Lightning Warp, Leap Slam, Devouring/Decoy Totem, or Summon Skeletons or Portal Gem if you have it.

thanks very much cheers
"
Perpetuation wrote:
"
Cynixstar wrote:
"
Perpetuation wrote:

I do spam spectral to get my crit...

*replace the knives for spec throw, using the gloves on a different character.

I had my spectral throws left over from other builds.

Cause the build isn't complete yet, still need a level quality CoDT and Discharge so i picked the only discharge i had to test it out.
not like i was running dom with it.

I spam spec throw, get my crits and charges, but i never discharge.

you need to have spectral throw in the same link as the cast on crit + discharge, having spectral throw in the gloves will do nothing
"
Oroboro wrote:
"
Norodian wrote:
I'm trying to figure out what discharger to do on domination. Voll's Devotion doesn't exist.

Well you don't need Voll's Devotion, it just helps a bit. The main piece to make this build work is Voll's Protector, so it would be very possible on domination/nemsis. You would just have to get a 4L-5L Voll's and get lucky with chroms to get 3 green sockets on it.

Since you have so much experience with the spec, could you possibly make a spec that is a lot more focused on survival to make it viable on hardcore/nemesis? I'm really loving the spec and the vids you post, just scared of spending so much currency only to get oneshot due to lack of survivability.

I could obviously make one myself but due to lack of experience I'm not sure which nodes are the foundation of the spec. Is it the crit? Do you really need the extra power charges? Etc. Was gonna run with a 5l Voll's and probably Spectral Throw.
Last edited by Girltoy69 on Nov 24, 2013, 1:51:44 AM
ignore
Last edited by pabrt on Nov 24, 2013, 2:47:17 AM
"
pabrt wrote:
Survivable cast on crit discharge build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/562291

Been looking at your spec but for 1) It's tuned for standard 2) It's dual wield and 3) Dualstrike.

I wanted to go Spectral Throw to avoid as much melee damage as possible, but the spec is nowhere near close to the crit nodes near templar to make up for the dual wield crit ones in yours.

On Nemesis I think you sort of need Vaal Pact to stand a chance against reflect.
Last edited by Girltoy69 on Nov 24, 2013, 2:22:40 AM
ignore
Last edited by pabrt on Nov 24, 2013, 2:47:43 AM
"
pabrt wrote:
Survivable cast on crit discharge build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/562291

Dude you are all sorts of pathetic, please stop trying to advertise your build in my thread. This is the 2nd time you posted it. It's insanely rude.
Yeah you're right, I should have PM'd him. Sorry!

(PS you should work on not being rude yourself <3)

edit: deleted my post
Last edited by pabrt on Nov 24, 2013, 2:47:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info