support!

any reason why no gravepact and the %minion dmg nodes?
What's the uptime of the undying evangelist's shield?
Nice build, I followed your other summoner witch tentacle miscreation build to great success in onslaught and I'll probably try a variation of this too.

A few questions, do you find your IIR not being used often due to the burning miscreation? With EE and minion life and maybe even flammability I'm sure the burning miscreation is doing most of the damage because it is always hitting enemies with the aura and I know IIR doesn't work with them. I saw a few of your map runs and it looked a little sparse in the rare/unique drops from what I would expect. Do you think it might be better to run something with a fast attack speed + culling strike spectre in order to ensure something other than the burning miscreation gets the kill?

Also, I saw a few of your runs had vitality running but in your post you said were going to use determination instead. Do you and your minions still have good survivability without vitatlity? I'm sure all the blood magic spells cost quite a bit of life.

Can you post some pics of your res(with purity) and defense with your gear?
Last edited by ViRuS171 on Nov 1, 2013, 2:51:46 PM
Where do you start at the beginning in your points? Are you going directly to IR or ?
So I have almost no experience with summons until now, but I'm running into a bit of a problem.

The character I'm using is level 42 or so and all of my minions are getting completely destroyed. Zombies die like crazy and my Specters are practically a waste of time to even summon, because they die just as quickly. Is it just too soon to be relying on minions so much, or am I perhaps doing something wrong?
i got leveling question
Which path you go first??
Down rigth to Iron Reflexes and then starting climbing up??
nyash: Thanks, i'll look into it!
edit: done, yes thats a good route, mybe if i push a few more levels i might respec into some more evasion (don't feel like spending ~2exalts atm, playing a different character, my goal with this one was just pushing top100 and checking if my build works on maps, succeeded), but getting the aura passive won't let me use a 4th aura (sadly), for now.

katjezz: Grave Pact? If you mean the +number of Zombies, it's unnecessary to have more then 5-6 really, Minion Damage nodes aren't very useful either, the BM's aura doesnt scale with it!

Whoaness: I'd say around 50% of the time, pretty crazy, they literally NEVER die.

ViRuS171: I got 78% all resist, ~6k Armour selfbuffed and ~220 hp / sec, i decided to drop Determination, it puts me to the 10k + Armour zone, but Vitality is just better overall! Imo melee attacking spectres are quite useless, the Evangelists do a lot of lasthitting due to their bursty bomb attack, so rarity works out quite well. Glad you like the build :)

DoctorDong: summoner builds start very slow, you won't be able to rely on summons until you hit late 50s, just use spectral throw!

Vejito: I haven't had IR before lvl 78, i just rolled with zero armor and two Granites for sketchy situations, i respecced IR and dropped all minion damage nodes very recently and it works out VERY well!

p.s.: thanks for the feedback and questions, hope i provided answers to everyone!

@Sampudrinker
Stream: www.twitch.tv/sampudrinker
Last edited by tehosiris on Nov 2, 2013, 12:39:50 PM
"
DoctorDong wrote:
So I have almost no experience with summons until now, but I'm running into a bit of a problem.

The character I'm using is level 42 or so and all of my minions are getting completely destroyed. Zombies die like crazy and my Specters are practically a waste of time to even summon, because they die just as quickly. Is it just too soon to be relying on minions so much, or am I perhaps doing something wrong?

Minions tend to take a lot of damage at lower levels, their health pool has been reduced significantly and they have been given armour so things that melee them they shouldn't be too bad at, they get obliterated by non-physical damage.

Minion resistance support gem + purity help them a lot. I tend to run with a rejuvenation totem and vitality at lower levels and give them life on hit at lower levels. Cruel is a bit of a slog. I tend to throw zombies into a Matua Tupuna until I can get a +2 minion helm, to me that is the biggest factor. The shield is relatively cheap and you can start using it at level 23.

At level 42 (gem level 11) Zombies have a base health of 618, with a +2 gem levels they have a base health of 1051 and effectively have the armour and damage output of a level 49 minion.
updated the build to have more evasion, and most importantly Four auras.
will stream today, check it out!
necromantic aegis back in action!
@Sampudrinker
Stream: www.twitch.tv/sampudrinker
Last edited by tehosiris on Nov 6, 2013, 6:12:11 AM
survivability of the Undying Evangelist is great thanks to its shield, but the damage output in current build is quite low. to kill things faster we can add Burning Miscreation, but it dies constantly (situation is even worse vs storm herald or ancestral power). another option is to increase evangelists damage: 7 minion damage nodes will double minions damage, mb also replace vitality with some dps aura.

PS: are degen bears from A2 are still viable? can they be combined with miscreations?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info