Petrov's 7-Aura, Eldritch Battery, Elemental Hit, Wand Ranger (0.9.13)

Very interesting build. I wonder if it would work with evasion and not IR. Leveling process would be a bit weird too. Bow until EB I imagine and maybe only then switch to wands with Ele Hit. Could be interesting to try dual wand crit setup with +125% crit chance when dual wielding cluster between ranger and duelist.
Why use wand instead of a bow with this build?

Inner force with multiple auras = pure win.
Есть один путь - найух!
"
muxecoid wrote:
Why use wand instead of a bow with this build?

Inner force with multiple auras = pure win.

You could use bow - Epsilon's build, which was the inspiration for this one, uses a bow. But then you can't use a shield, so you have to get your mana from other gear. Getting an ES chest and the gem combo outlined here is pretty difficult however.

Petrov.
Ugh, I hit Q instead of E. I'm quite the dingus today. See below.
Last edited by spaph on Nov 26, 2012, 11:52:07 AM
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Getting an ES chest and the gem combo outlined here is pretty difficult however.

Get it on the bow then! :)

E: Though, unless you have a 5 or 6L Quill Rain (and a Dream Frag or two to handle that mana usage), I wouldn't think the sacrifice to defense would be worth it.
Last edited by spaph on Nov 26, 2012, 11:54:04 AM
Can you please update the build link? The last patch broke it. Thanks!

My ranger is L34 about to head into Chamber of Sins in Cruel. Using bows for the moment. Looking forward to EB so I can stack the sweet sweet auras! :)

Running Elem hit + LMP + Pierce

Will add faster attacks or weapon elemental when I get a 4L going.
IGN: Friar
Knight of Guild Medieval http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/545783
Game Mechanics http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707
Recipe Book http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/15223
Quest Reward List http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36776
Last edited by FriarJon on Dec 5, 2012, 11:58:51 PM
Updated for new web based skill tree. 92 point build, c.level 80 assuming you take Oak life rewards (you should for any life based build).

Petrov.
Link to the build is still somewhat broken.

Also to the defensive questions: Determination, IR and grace will give you a rather substantial amount of armor, enough for a bow user to use nicely. If you want more, simply add some eva pieces. As to what pieces where, I always prefer plain eva chests, with a high ES helm, as you don't REALLY need an ES chest, while I would prefer to run es chest + eva helm; it's VERY hard to not only get an ES chest with good rolls, but its extremely hard to get a 5L one with good rolls, compared to an Eva chest + ES helm.

The more defensive option is to use a wand/shield, however, if you were to DW wands, you may as well go bow. THe thing with bows is you can easily change from Ele hit to either lightning arrow or split arrow, that, while less damaging, provide a far superior AoE coverage.
Would it be possible to get an update on the build link? It's still kind of dead since the patch.

Also, I was a little curious as to whether or not I should focus on just straight ES and straight EV gear, or if using the items that had both of them would be logical?

Either way, I love this build and it's definitely the most fun that I've had with a character lately!
"
Would it be possible to get an update on the build link? It's still kind of dead since the patch.

Also, I was a little curious as to whether or not I should focus on just straight ES and straight EV gear, or if using the items that had both of them would be logical?

Either way, I love this build and it's definitely the most fun that I've had with a character lately!

It entirely depends what you want. More mana from ES will give a more reliable offense, and therefore can afford more expensive links. However, more Eva will give more armor, and if you want/need it, go for it. Need some more information to give anything else

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info