Petrov's 7-Aura, Eldritch Battery, Elemental Hit, Wand Ranger (0.9.13)

"
EpsiIon wrote:

It entirely depends what you want. More mana from ES will give a more reliable offense, and therefore can afford more expensive links. However, more Eva will give more armor, and if you want/need it, go for it. Need some more information to give anything else

Thanks for the reply! Any chance you have a link to the build?
Any chance for an updated build? Definitely curious about this one.
Yup, I'll fix it later today, thanks for the reminder.

Petrov.
Skill tree fixed. Enjoy this slightly odd - but pretty powerful and safe - build.

Petrov.
Hello Petrov, just checking out the awesome ranger, but may i ask why do you use hyrris unique circlet, would it be better to use a high es circlet? or is it better to have the mana regen and attack speed rather than the extra es/rez from a normal ES circlet?

and could you tell nya what is your mana pool?
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Dec 15, 2012, 12:57:40 PM
Interesting build have some quetions about it.
How its in early game?
Lifeleech or faster atacks while u have 4L gear?
Wands have good crit base, also ele hit quality bonus 80% crit chance isnt better use crit damage support instead FA?
Picked 0 liferegen passives, also no vitality aura, so reroll chaos dot maps, and how u sustain against viper strike and puncture mobs?
Last edited by ykyshaeq on Dec 15, 2012, 4:18:23 PM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
Hello Petrov, just checking out the awesome ranger, but may i ask why do you use hyrris unique circlet, would it be better to use a high es circlet? or is it better to have the mana regen and attack speed rather than the extra es/rez from a normal ES circlet?

and could you tell nya what is your mana pool?

Hey Vic. Yes, I'd prefer a high ES head piece with mana regen and IAS, but I didn't have one when I respecced into this build, so I made do with Hyrri's. I've actually not respecced into this character since the last wipe, and I don't have any screen shots of what my mana pool was. I don't recall exactly but it was in the 3-4k range I think. My mana regen was about 130/second.

Petrov.
"
ykyshaeq wrote:
Interesting build have some quetions about it.
How its in early game?
Lifeleech or faster atacks while u have 4L gear?
Wands have good crit base, also ele hit quality bonus 80% crit chance isnt better use crit damage support instead FA?
Picked 0 liferegen passives, also no vitality aura, so reroll chaos dot maps, and how u sustain against viper strike and puncture mobs?

Hey yky!

I actually don't know what it's like early game because I respecced into it after a wipe on a 74 Ranger. I suspect early game you've got to play it differently that I've shown the setup.

I didn't spec for crit chance or crit multi in this particular setup, I thought there were simply not enough points to do so effectively without sacrificing something like IR (and that whole area south of the Ranger start), or a large number of life nodes. Given there's not much of either crit chance or crit multi, you could spec into RT and get rid of one of the builds relative weaknesses - chance to hit.

You're right on no life regen - this isn't a build for chaos DOT maps. Given I respecced into this build, I didn't play a huge number of maps to level her to 74, but I did play a fair few to test the proof of concept. At 74 with a biggish health pool, i never found myself dying to viper or puncture mobs - I guess I killed them too quickly, or I was just overlevelled?

Also, I just checked the couple of screenshots I did take, and with a granite flask going I had 48k armour (and of course 28% chance to block from the ES shield I was using). That's on top of the decent life pool.

Petrov.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Dec 15, 2012, 5:00:03 PM
How does this fair in hardcore? you said its safe, how safe tho 2k hp seems pretty low :(
"
How does this fair in hardcore? you said its safe, how safe tho 2k hp seems pretty low :(

I can't attest to it in HC, as I've never played HC. You're right though, 2k HP isn't a lot for HC from what learned folks tell me. Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Petrov.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info